“Nothing Ugly here!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Philly
“Nothing Ugly here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was actually my 2nd time here. Both times we were able to take advantage of the outdoor dining patio, right on the Washington St Mall. Service and food were both great. Tomato based clam chowder, rivals some of the best. My panini was huge and ended up taking 1/2 home and the fries were crispy, not greasy and hot!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leonardo, New Jersey
“Food was OK, burgers a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Did a quick search for best burgers in Cape May and this place came up. We were close by so we decided to give it a try. It's in this quaint shopping section which is nice to walk around in and explore. First off, the food was a little pricey for bar fare. A burger and fries was $14 and my husband said it was a little better than diner food. My $15 grilled crab cake (yes singular) was large and delicious but the sides were terrible; the asparagus tasted like they popped it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and threw it on the plate with no seasoning whatsoever ,and the rice was hard and tasteless. Service was quick but nonchalant; they just piled the napkins and silverware on the edge of the table for us to distribute. Would not go there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gibbstown, New Jersey
“100% Satisfied, Will Return Again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've been to the Washington Street Mall in Cape May many times since the 1970's and have walked by the Ugly Mug numerous times but October 10, 2012, was my first time eating there. A friend and I went for dinner. We were greeted enthusiastically and politely and led to our seats. Our server was Adam and he was both very attentive and very sweet. He had only been working there for 2 weeks but was quite competent and made sure to meet our needs and answer our questions. The food was absolutely delicious! Prices reasonable. Atmosphere very nice...we sat on the "plastic enclosed" verandah area.
I ordered the beer batter friend cod with french fries, my friend had crab cake with veggies and potato salad. We were both 100% satisfied with the food and enjoyed every bite. Nothing at all to complain about.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Culpeper, VA
“The Ugly Mug, Cape May, NJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband & I both enjoyed eating at the Ugly Mug recently in Cape May, NJ. They have a wide variety in selections. Portions are big and there is no way you go away hungry. Personally, I was happy with the variety of the selections in Salads. (and again, these salads were huge, so much so, I had to take 1/2 the salad back to where were staying during our visit) Fortunately, we had a refrigerator in our accommodation. Staff was friendly and provided good service. We liked it so much, we ate there twice during our short stay.

Visited October 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Not the best quality and the service was slow. But I am sure there are other visitors who were happy.

Visited September 2012