Our family of 4 stayed 4 nights: Wed. - Sun. into Labor Day Weekend. We loved it! Our room was clean and comfortable (2 queen beds). We really liked having the mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. We had breakfast in our room every morning. Our room opened onto the pretty courtyard and pool. Our children enjoyed the pool and shuffle board court. There is also an outdoor shower for rinsing sandy feet before entering your room.
The location is great - right across the street from the beach! You could walk back to your own clean room to use the bathroom rather than using public restrooms at the beach. The beach is sandy and beautiful! The waves are boogie-board heaven for the kids! And several times, we saw a pod of dolphins diving through the waves just off shore! We brought our own beach chairs and umbrella so we did not have to rent them. You do need to purchase beach passes - very reasonable. Price varies depending on how many days you need.
You get a parking space with your room, but we often walked down Beach Avenue past all the charming houses to the restaurants and arcades (about a 10 minute walk). We enjoy walking on a summer evening. (Parking near the restaurants can be difficult to find.)
We would stay here again. Our pink motel by the sea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Cape May, New Jersey is the home of the beachfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. We are located Oceanfront on Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of Cape May Beaches! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wifi, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. Five star outdoor pool with complimentary pool/beach towels. Located at the southern most tip of New Jersey, in our nations oldest seashore resort, gorgeous Cape May, New Jersey. This boutique hotel resort epitomizes chic design while offering guests an unmatched level of service. True to our name, we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts, allowing everyone direct access to our beautiful Cape May beach. We are located close to restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large pool surrounded by lush gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will be glad you did! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May