My wife and I just stayed that teh Periwinkle for 3 nights - we had a small suite that included a separate bedroom and living room with sofa bed and efficiency kitchen, and a balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool. This set up was ideal and comfortable. The room was very clean, and housekeeping kept it that way all 3 days. Flat screen TV in the living room was nice - we brought a small DVD player to plug in - which worked well. There was an old TV in the bedroom - no remote except the one from the LR worked for just the cable box.
We read warnings that the beds are uncomfortable, so we brought our Queen sized memory foam topper and this was a life saver I think. My wife really needs a comfortable bed.
The location is great -- the hotel is situated at the very beginning of the promenade that runs 1.4 miles along the beach to the jetty end. 10 minute walk to the central business district. There was a beach entrance and beach pass sales booth directly across the street as well - beach access was free since the life guards were gone. Usually $5/day and $10 for a 3-day pass (in season). You could easily walk to restaurants and bars in town, and even next door at other hotels. This location (about 4 blocks from the center) is a bit quieter, but not far from the "action" such as what Cape May has to offer.
The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. I had to ask for shampoo and conditioner, which is free upon request. Nice little vials - so they know they would be stuffed into suitcases every day, thus the "by request" policy. Understandable. Ask at check-in though.
Families with young children would love this place. They have a regular pool and a 1 foot deep kiddie pool. Also a big sandbox, playhouse, and toys on the courtyard lawn. The courtyard is very nice -- the place has a french/european look ... a bit more charming than many of the beach front "motels".
Price was good - and we did shop. Booked it through Bookings.com.
We will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Cape May, New Jersey is the home of the beachfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. We are located Oceanfront on Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of Cape May Beaches! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wifi, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. Five star outdoor pool with complimentary pool/beach towels. Located at the southern most tip of New Jersey, in our nations oldest seashore resort, gorgeous Cape May, New Jersey. This boutique hotel resort epitomizes chic design while offering guests an unmatched level of service. True to our name, we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts, allowing everyone direct access to our beautiful Cape May beach. We are located close to restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large pool surrounded by lush gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will be glad you did! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May