“Excellent Motel for a visit to lovely Cape May” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
You added Camelot Motel to your Saves list
103 Howard St, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Delmar, New York
“Excellent Motel for a visit to lovely Cape May”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

We have stayed at this motel for many years starting back when it first opened. We try to get to stay here whenever we visit Cape May, New Jersey. It has very reasonable rates, friendly staff and is in a good location. You can even see the ocean from the rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors. Parking is free and ample. The rooms are spacious and clean. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Have stayed here for a couple of years. Rooms always clean staff always nice. Had to stay here for a funeral the first time. They treated us like family so we have returned time and time again. They actually remember us and it is nice unlike some of the chains that hae high turnover rates.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

this is the 2nd year my husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Both times were great! The Camelot is right across from the beach and offers awesome views! We parked our vehicle and were able to walk to all our destinations-the mall strip, restaurants, the beach. At check in we were welcomed warmly by an amazing and friendly clerk! The following day there was also a great, friendly clerk! We also chatted with the maintenance guy, who was super nice, friendly, and funny! The house keeper was also very polite and helpful! Check out was just as easy and friendly as check in! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed November 2014
Muskegon, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for one night in June. The staff were super friendly and accomodating. Located right next to (but not on the beach) we had lovely views. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and inclued a fridge. The hotel also has a pool and grills for the guests to use and free parking at the door. With amazing prices and no minimim night stays required, this was a family friendly (but not loud or overrun with kids) steal and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: If you want a beach view, ask for a higher floor. If you want a room next to the pool and grills, a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

The weekend of October 17th we celebrated my husband Tom's birthday with a family get a way to Cape May, NJ. What made it special was bringing, our 1st Grandchild to the beach, to the Camelot for the first time. My husband vacationed here as a child and when we had our first son we brought him here with my husband's parents. And now our son is bringing his son here also. We now have 3 generations coming to the Camelot in Cape May... The place was great...clean and in a great location...we booked for the same time next year.....The Szerlik Family......October 2014

Room Tip: Room #310 great for a multiple family use......
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Well, my first experience staying at Camelot was a very positive one upon opening the office door and being greeted by a friendly smile. The staff were very welcoming and friendly- they were nice to chat with and provided excellent customer service. The office was nice too- loved the tile work behind the counter.

My mom, son, and were lucky enough to stay on the 4th floor (room 403)- with a super view of the Atlantic and Cape May beach. I actually also liked that the arcade was across the way- for some reason the noise of the arcade is nostalgic or beachy....

There were luggage carts available and an elevator so no worries about staying on the top floor.

The room was very clean and bright. Two TV's were a nice bonus- one in the family room and one in the bedroom- perfect for us (My mom would hate to watch The Walking Dead lol).

There was a hairdryer in the little cubby in the bathroom- didn't notice that right away and the tp is UNDER the vanity- took me a few to find that haha

I did sleep great both nights while staying, but I normally do not have a problem sleeping. The hotel is located within walking distance to Washington St Mall (maybe about a 10 minute walk) and restaurants on both the mall and Beach Dr.

I asked about booking for June 2015 and the woman at the desk found me a room right away and I booked it on the spot-super accomodating about the booking process as well. I am on a tight budget and this hotel is within reason even though it's right on the beach.

I also enjoy the fact that Stockon Mini Golf sits right in front of this hotel- it's a nice view and you can watch people play or play a game yourself!

I loved Camelot and cannot wait to come back in June 2015 (maybe sooner) and enjoy the summer view and the pool which was a nice size.

Thanks again for a great stay ladies!

Room Tip: The higher the better!!! Remember- toilet paper UNDER the sink counter ;)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

My hubs and I decided to bring my Mother-In-Law down to Cape May for her 80th birthday, so we chose the Camelot Motel and I'm glad we did! The motel is close to the action and to the beach, it's immaculate (very important to me!) and very modern (along with modern amenities, such as WiFi)! Oh!! And comfy beds!!!! How many places can say that????

One thing I learned by staying at the Camelot: Customers have common sense and do NOT need to be force-fed a lot of rules, like other hotels. There is a trust between the Camelot and their customer base - I like that!

When you're in Cape May, whether it be for one night (as we were) or five, please give the Camelot a chance! I think you'll be just as impressed as we were!

Say hello to Richard and Pauline if you see them and thank them for running things the way they do!!

Room Tip: Fourth floor gives you town view and ocean view and is very quiet!!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Camelot Motel? Share your experiences!