“Great stay not far from the beach, shops, and restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Save Saved
You added Camelot Motel to your Saves list
103 Howard St, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Great stay not far from the beach, shops, and restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a perfect 3 day stay at this motel. Nice large clean room with seating on the balcony. Friendly staff. Pool. Parking. Refrigerator. Parked our car and walked the old streets to eat and shop. Wonderful beach right down the street.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bellmawr, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at The Camelot (5 nights) for the first time last week with our 3 year old. The Camelot was the perfect place to stay! We had such a nice time. The room was very clean and had everything that we needed in an efficiency. The property is well kept and the pool was perfect for a dip after the beach. Everyone including the owner, the maid (Veska) and the women at the front desk were absolute sweethearts! One of the reasons we decided to stay at The Camelot was b/c of how nice and accommodating the owner was. The location was perfect as well. We rode our bikes right into town (which was a quick ride) a couple times a day. I highly recommend a visit here. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Cranford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been guests of this motel since it opened in the early 80's. My parents chose it because it is family-friendly, convenient to town and boardwalk, and has great ocean views. Returning to Cape May as an adult 30 years later, I chose The Camelot for just these reasons and we are completely happy with our stay year after year. The front desk staff is friendly and welcoming and the accommodations are perfect for a family with young children. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: great views from 4th floor!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rooms were clean and newly renovated. Bathroom was great. Shower had good pressure (a rarity in hotels/motels). The maid crew was extremely friendly, efficient, and accommodating. We really had no problems!

Room Tip: Two bedroom efficiency room layout involves walking from one bedroom through the other to get to the...
Rockaway NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed 4 nights at the Camelot. Below are pros/cons

Pros - As everyone else has said the location is perfect. I walked every morning along the beach, we walked to ton, biked around & went out to eat & never had to move car. Also the price was more reasonable then other places. The rooms were very clean as was the pool.

Cons - Biggest one was one of the workers smoked ALOT downstairs from our room & where we had to walk by every day from the pool. I really think this should not be allowed. Also we had a 1 room apt which was great but the location was on 2nd floor in the corner . We had no view at all & window looked out to parking lot & sitting area outside room faced staircase. I would definitely request NOT to get this room. I know the higher levels are much nicer. The pool was fine but very small. My kids would not stay in it very long.

Overall I would stay again if I could get a 3rd of 4th fl room.

Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just got in from a four day stay at the camelot. We found it perfect for our needs. The entire place is spotless, a nice pool area, and a great location. We literally did not move our car from the time we got in on Thursday until this morning when we left. For a reasonably priced stay in Cape May i give the Camelot a very high rating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family has been to Cape May for about 12 years. We have stayed at several different hotels over the course of those years. This includes Stockton Inn, then Montreal Inn, Grand Hotel, La Mer Beachfront, Periwinkle and now Camelot. This weekend with friends was completely unplanned. We wanted to introduce them to Cape May and decided to wing it and drove the few hours to get there. Our VERY first stop was Camelot. I knew they were booked because I had called but I didn't want to give up. As luck would have it, someone had cancelled and they had one room available on 4th floor! Because our friends were involved, for whom I did not want to make decisions, I felt it important to see the room first. Whereas many other hotels would have said no, they were more than accommodating. With absolutely no pressure or gimmick to make us stay, they showed us the room. Needless to say we took it. Our experience was beyond delightful. The room was very clean, comfortable and cozy and what a view of the ocean! The pool, while not grandiose or luxury, was equally clean and more than sufficient. The location out of this world and very quiet. What stands out most in my mind is having winged a trip, with no direction, that could have gone really bad - to have come across such a surprising experience and have it be the best you have had YET because of the hotel and people who run it and manage it, just truly blows my mind. I have always loved Cape May and have had good experiences and a couple not so great. However, we haven't been met with such kindness anywhere even in Cape May having paid double what we paid. I have yet to come across such a feeling of warmth and kindness and HONESTY. I wouldn't trade the experience with any other as it trumps all others. Sometimes it's the quality of the people who run the business vs. any other quality, that matters most. I am overwhelmed with emotion when I think of the pure honesty, kindness and feeling that you matter that we were met with at this gem of a place. They never once said we are this luxury place or inflated what they were or put any other place down. They stand behind what they offer and who they are and they should be extremely proud! They offered advice knowing my husband had to spend the day with us, drive home at night to work the next day and drive all the way back to pick us up...while we enjoyed time with our friends at their hotel, pool, etc. They advised as far as parking, beach tags, weather, etc......without us even necessarily asking. When asked if we could use a hair dryer if need be, after we were checked out, our answer was yes. They are a breath of fresh air! I HIGHLY recommend Camelot Motel if you want a clean, close to everything, place to stay where you are treated with such kindness you will find no where else. Thank you Camelot for making our trip an amazing, memorable one! See you next year :-) Grace

Room Tip: I'd stay on higher floors (3 or 4) for view at night!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Camelot Motel? Share your experiences!