“Quality... year after year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
103 Howard St, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #3 of 42 hotels in Cape May
Lexington, United States
“Quality... year after year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our family has been staying here for 10+ years. There are plenty of other places to stay in Cape May, but we love the Camelot: Great location, you can see the ocean from your room (2nd floor and up), and the beach is right across the street. The staff is really accommodating and friendly. The property itself is always being improved. It seems there is something new every year.
Cons: The wifi speed and coverage is not great... put your electronics away and go to the beach!

Room Tip: 4th floor has a great view of the ocean. We always have one family in our party get a large suite wh...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here for the first time the last week of June into the 4th of July. We had to change rooms a few times because I booked too late and in order to stay for the full week, we had to move. The front desk and the housekeeper made it a very easy transition. The location of the motel is great. I've stayed in "nicer" places that were way to expensive and now that I've stayed here, I won't go anywhere else. The rooms are clean, people are very nice and I will definitely return. Some of the other places in Cape May are very nice also but as long at it's clean and updated, that's fine with me. I just got off the phone with this motel to see what availability they had for the rest of the summer as I would love to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were pleased with the location and the view from the 4th floor. The hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable (even the sofa bed). Front desk was very helpful and friendly! Loved the mini kitchen and the fact that it was stocked with place settings for 4 and a few kettles. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat! I also liked the fact that we were within walking distance to a lot of the attractions. We enjoyed watching the sunset out on Beach Drive on the North Side of Cape May. It was a lot less crowded than Sunset Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not luxurious or fancy, but The hotel is kept up, quiet, clean, and very close to beach. Beds were comfortable. Good size refrigerator in room as well as coffee maker. Don't depend on wi-fi as it was very spotty. While our room was literally steps from the small pool, it was only open 10 to 7,so it's proximity didn't interfere with our quality of stay.It was nice to open the first floor room and literally cross the street to get to the beach. You are able to sit right outside each room and smoke . Luckily My neighbors didn't smoke or I would have found that intolerable as rooms are very close together. I would stay here again with family.

Stayed July 2014
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I called to inquire about the weekend of August 2nd. I was told there was a 2 bedroom suite open that sleeps 8 people and it was available for a one night stay. Sounded perfect for what we were looking for! I called around to other hotels in the area everyone was booked. I called back to the Camelot and was asked for my name, address, age, and reason for staying. I was then told they could not book the room for my self and 5 of my girlfriends because the other guests would not be happy with 24-28 year olds renting a room for a bachelorette party. This is a little ridiculous as the owner does not even know the type of people we are. Our plans for the day were to sit on the beach, have a private tour of the Turdo Winery and then go to dinner that night. They said their Motel is a very family friendly place which cannot accommodate this type of group. What the owner doesn't know is that we are all professionals with full-time jobs, teachers, medical professionals, administrative professionals, and even moms among the group. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. What the own also doesn't know is my wedding is in the Jersey shore area and I probably would have recommended family to stay here from out of town but that is most definitely not happening. Which is sad because my wedding is not in peak summer time so I could have brought the Motel some business at what is probably a slow time of year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Peninsula, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had not stayed in this motel before, though we'd been to Cape May 4x prior. We would definitely stay at this motel again. The location was fabulous. Ocean view on floors 2-4. 1 block from the ocean. Across from the arcade. Across from a fabulous breakfast place. Just two or 3 blocks from the shops depending on which
route you take. Clean, very friendly. Very helpful. I'm looking foreword to our next visit to Cape May, especially our stay at the Camelot.

• Stayed June 2014
Port Angeles, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came to Cape May for a loved one graduating from the Coast Guard Training Center. Many hotels in Cape May offer discounts for Coast Guard families but I found this hotel to have a better regular price than many of the other places even with the discounts! It was slightly risky since if I had to change dates for coming to town, I would only get hotel credit instead of my money back. Coming in June, I would be hitting the summer season so I lucked out booking the last available room for that weekend. Thankfully everything worked out perfectly. Our room was on the second floor in the corner (211) and there were three windows! I am a big window person. We had a tiny water view which was cute. Being this was my first time on the East Coast, saying I could see the Atlantic from my window was a big deal. The room was clean, the bathroom was updated and fantastic! We had a great seating area outside our room which was perfect for the evenings. The hotel is within walking distance of pretty much everything. I would definitely book here again if I find myself coming back to Cape May.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Camelot Motel? Share your experiences!