“This has to be the best hotel in the world” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
$20 Daily Bfast Voucher!*
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersBronze level
“This has to be the best hotel in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

It has a great view with great service looking forward getting back soon. The best hotel I ever stayed at in cape may. The rooms where clean and comfortable. The restaurant was 5 star food. The pool and tiki bar was great

• Stayed August 2012
OCM_Management_Team, Ocean Club Hotel Management at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to having you join us again soon.

Best regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booked a suite, which was very roomy and spacious for two people. Great balcony and view of the pool. Good location, walking distance to shopping, restaurants. Diverse crowd, good service. Great food and drinks. Restaurant was excellent for both dinner and breakfast. Awesome french press coffee. Housekeeping came nice and early (I travel a lot and have been noticing in a lot of hotels housekeeping comes too late in the day). Beach is right across the street, good service with food and drinks right on the beach. Will def go back this summer!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OCM_Management_Team, OCH Management at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are so very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us! We hope that you are able to join us again in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Warm Regards,
Pottsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Absolutely one of our favorite hotels in the entire country. We stayed there for a weekend, couple getaway, and will not go to another place in Cape May. The rooms are absolutley beautiful and the beds the most comfortable that I've ever slept on in a hotel. The ocean view rooms are breathtaking and cer comfortable to just watch the ocean on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We look forward to having you visit with us again, and hope that we can continue to surpass your expectations.

Warm regards,
Northern NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

If The Ocean Club was as good at hotel operations as they are at handling American Express disputed charges, I wouldn’t be taking the time to write this review. After 6 months of trying to resolve this amicably I lost the dispute due to signing the receipt that states they have a 2-night stay policy. We left after one night because we were so disappointed with this place.

Here’s why you should avoid The Ocean Club
- NO refrigerators in the rooms
- NO coffee makers in the rooms
- Their card entry system is INFERIOR
- They only have 1 ELEVATOR to serve 6 floors of guests
- 2-night minimum stay charge

If you want detail here it is…
1.) Occasion: I was surprised with a birthday gift by my wife for a 2-night stay at the Ocean Cub. It looked great on the Internet. Our room was a 6th floor balcony location looking out towards the ocean and down onto the Tiki Bar. The view was great.
2.) Poor Value: If it were a $150 -$200 a night hotel it would be worth it. Any amount more than that, is a waste of your money due to the lack of amenities. There are plenty of choices within walking distance that are far superior for much less money. We paid $400 a night (pre-season) and regret it.
3.) 1-Elevator: They have one small elevator to serve 6 floors. That’s 6 floors with probably 20 rooms each floor, rented to people with luggage. I don’t mind taking the stairs but with 2 suitcases and cooler you need an elevator at least the first time get settled in. Be prepared to wait for an elevator. For $400 a night, shouldn’t a hotel have more than one elevator?
4.) Inferior Card Entry System: We were locked out of the room several times in the less than 20 hours of our stay. Once we were lucky enough to find a cleaning person to let us in, so we only had to deal with the one elevator issue twice while they re-coded our room card for the $400 a night room hotel with one elevator. One of the times we got locked out cost us another $50 at a restaurant that night. I had a nice bottle of wine chilling in my cooler (no refrigerators in the rooms) and got locked out again. We were already running close on time so I decided to forego the 20-minute ordeal of going downstairs, getting my room card rekeyed and going back up to retrieve the wine.
5.) No Coffee Pot: No coffee pots in the rooms. I’ve stayed at sub-$80 hotels in the middle of the country that have coffee makers in the rooms. OK, so that’s their policy, I’ll deal with it. So when I went downstairs the next morning to see where I could get coffee, I was directed to their dining room. Wouldn’t you think that a $400 a night hotel with 1 elevator, no refrigerators and an inferior card entry system would offer guests coffee in the morning? Nope. When I asked about getting coffee I was met with, “Sir, there is a charge for the coffee”. I didn’t say, “Where is the free coffee?” I just asked about getting coffee. If you’re going to stay in the $400 a night room with one elevator, no refrigerator and inferior card entry system, be sure to bring your own coffee maker.
6.) Leaving: We left after one night due to the reasons above. In fairness, I did not read their policy, nor did I tell them why I was leaving. I just wanted to get out of there. Having a confrontation to educate them on how they should treat customers is not my thing. Their front desk person, who took my phone number, told me that their GM would call me. He never did. I also did not know at the time that my wife paid for the first night weeks in advance on her own credit card. So when I didn’t get a call I thought that they did the right thing and didn’t charge the card.

Cape May is a great place. We like to stay in different places each time we go to experience all the town has to offer. This was our 4th time in 15 years. We’ll go back to Cape May but we will avoid The Ocean Club. If they offered us a free stay based on publishing our dissatisfaction I wouldn’t accept it. My hunch is that they are blissfully ignorant and, based on their AMEX responses, arrogant to the type of operation they run. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for Cape May accommodations

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee pot and refrigerator. And be prepared to walk up 6-flights of stairs when you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
OCM_Management_Team, OCH Management at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
We are always disappointed when guests leave dissatisfied, and we are sorry if you experienced issues with our keycard room entry system. We do not have a record of those issues in your reservation notes, but we apologize if this occurred.

Our policies are outlined on our website, the confirmations sent upon reserving a room and on the registration forms signed during check-in. In addition, room amenities are outlined on our website. All rooms are equipped with beverage coolers and coffee makers are available in our WetBar suites. Coffee is available for purchase in our restaurant for all other guest rooms. We are sorry you did not acquaint yourself with same prior to your arrival.

As a frequent Cape May visitor, we are sure you are aware that most hotels have similar minimum stay requirements. We are sorry if these requirements are not to your liking. In addition, we regret to inform you that at no time were you offered a free stay. The items you reference were clearly outlined in the room description on our website and/or in the aforementioned policies and such offers are not consistent with our policies.

We are saddened that your stay with us was less than you expected, and we wish you many happy visits to Cape May in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 1 year old daughter, and myself stayed for three nights beginning on Labor Day Monday. Getting to the entrance is confusing. It's on what I considered the back side of the hotel. But its genius, because every room (that I could tell) had an ocean facing balcony (awesome!!). We needed a room that could be separated so that we could put our daughter to bed and still have the freedom to roam around the room, and not go to bed with her at 7:30, or sit in the dark of a conventional hotel room. The Ocean Club was great because we put her in the front, living room, area and then we still had access to the master bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom, and balcony. The location was a bit of a drawback for me. The hotel is located basically at the end of the beach. We were near the little boardwalk. Which was cute, but we spent one day in Ocean City for actual boardwalk action. It was a couple of miles to walk into town to the little shops. So we never did it. We only had two close restaurant options: the hotel restaurant, which was good, but pricey, and the restaurant at the hotel next to ours, which was okay. It was our first venture to Cape May. We had a good time, and now we know what to expect next time.

I think this hotel is a good one. It's difficult to find a room like this one in CM. I was thankful to find it. We had a great time. :)

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review! If you visit us during peak season, our front desk staff can provide you with instructions on how to take the complimentary trolley into the heart of the town! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is very nice, the rooms and lobby are more modern than your typical beach hotel. But what really made it for me was the amazing food and the people who work there. The manager of the hotel made an effort to get to know our group (9 women celebrating their 40th birthday) with complimentary drinks around the pool. The breakfast in the restaurant was amazing and everything I had poolside was so good too- I am obsessed with their hummus! You cross the road to get to the beach, it was convenient and there was great service on the beach for lounge chairs, towels, light food and drink. Overall, a great place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: I thought it was worth it to have a balcony. Also, I was sharing with friends and a suite worked ou...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

West Chester, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and our 5 month old spent the night in October for a wedding we were attending. Right off the bat we knew we wanted a hotel that was clean and up to date as we wanted to be as comfortable as possible considering this was our first overnight with our son. We chose a standard king room facing the town. This hotel is NOT your typical "Jersey Shore" Motel style. It is nicely renovated and the attention to detail showed. We arrived early and were able to check right in and get situated in our room. The furnishing were modern and tastefully designed. The beds were large and sooooo sooo comfortable. Balconies are a nice size and the bathroom really isnt anything to brag about, but it is clean and the shower has a GLASS door which is hard to find down the shore! We set up a pack and play for our son, brought his bouncer and with that extra gear in addition to our suitcase there was still PLENTY of extra room. The hallways are lacking in appearance, however it didn't bother me. We didnt get to utilize the pool considering it was chilly however it looked nice and the tiki bar outside seems like it would be a blast in the summer! The inside bar/restaurant was nice, but I didnt try it out so I really cant review that. The hotel is right on the beach and I did see they set up a cabana for a couple staying at the hotel which I thought was a really nice feature. The only reason I didnt give this hotel 5 stars was the price. I paid $180 which I am ok with, but it is the off season & mid week. I can only imagine what the prices are on the weekends and in season. This is Cape May trying to get away with Atlantic City prices. That was the only thing I really didnt like. I would stay here again and def would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something other than a B&B while staying in Cape May.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

OCH Management

Been to Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!