“Just pretty average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 109 restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Try google maps... search for it under cape may
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Just pretty average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Just ate at The Fish Market yesterday. I had heard mostly good comments so thought we would try it out. It was just very average. The good points were: great people watching on the mall, restaurant temperature was good, waiter was at first very austere, but then seemed to warm up as we dined, the service was adequate although we had to remind him we wanted our salads and bread before our meal, as we sat there for probably 20 minutes and had not yet received them, the restaurant was very clean. Low points: drinks were expensive, no liquor license, the meals we had were specials so were about $15 each which was a very good price for Cape May. The regular menu is a bit high priced.
Husband had pinwheel shrimp which were huge and pretty tasty. I had blackened scallops brushetta which would have been better had the scallops not been luke warm. Also the brushetta really lacked the proper seasoning. I work in an Italian restaurant, I know what brushetta should tast like. This tasted like just tomatoes, onions and maybe a little basil or oregano. All in all, pretty average. I've had much better at The Lobster House.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Somerdale, NJ
“Don't buy beverages @ $2.99 each in a 12 oz. plastic cup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

My wife and I are frequent visitors to the Cape May Area and we are always interested in a new place to eat. I had flounder for lunch and it was tasty and well prepared. My wife's meal was also tasty and well prepared. We would recommend this restaurant, Just drink water instead of ordering a beverage.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Terrible food, No respect for Customer complaints”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We have been coming to Cape May since 2001 and never had such poor food or customer service. I ordered the grilled salmon and baked baked potaoto and sauteed tomatoes. I recieved and ice cold potato, stewed tomatoes and a half raw salmon filet..
I told the waitess who took it away. When I recieved my dinner back, it had all been nuked!!!!! it was rubber salmon and some form of old potato. The waitress, originally said the cook apologized for the first mishap, but when I complained , she said this is how they always do it and he gave us 20% OFF THE SALMON. I told her I would spread the news that this place was terrible, so here I am. Do not waist your time or money.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Tourist trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Go to the Merion Inn or the Lobster House for local seafood. This place is expensive, and the seafood does not taste particularly fresh. And it's expensive! Good people watching outside and BYOB are plusses, but don't make up for inadequacies.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Won't be back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010 via mobile

Had lunch Here last week and at best it was ok. Waiter seemed bored with having to serve us. Crab cakes were good but crab salad tasteless. Not the most comfortable setting and again another place in Cape May well able to charge!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere