“Turdo Vineyard & Winery” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 30 Activities in Cape May
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1998, Turdo Vineyards is now in its 10th vintage. A family owned and run operation, Turdo Vineyards is known for producing award winning, premium hand-crafted wines. Including italian varietals such as Sangiovese, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, and its signature wine, Nero D'Avola. All the fruit used is 100% estate grown, with the main focus being quality, not quantity. Owner and Master Winemaker, Salvatore Turdo's passion and commitment, has established Turdo Vineyards as New Jersey's most distinct vineyard & winery. We look forward to seeing you soon.
west paterson, nj
“Turdo Vineyard & Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

The winery is a wonderful place to taste wine and grab something to eat and enjoy the secenery, the owners are just wonderful and warm and very helpful, they make you feel like you were part of their family.
The wines are terrific I enjoy both the reds and whites but my favorite is the port wine.

West Chester, PA
“Possibly Best Wine on the East Coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have gone to many taste testings and tried all kinds of varieties of supposedly "award-winning" wines. I don't think any come close to what I found at Turdo. We went on a Saturday afternoon in September and were the only ones there when we first arrived. By the time we left the place was packed - obviously the secret is out! Actually I think it has been out for a while as they were sold out of all of the best reds which are released in May. I tried 7 wines and liked them all. I have never been to a wine-tasting in which I liked more than 2 out of 6. Considering I could not even try the popular sold-out red ones, I think that says it all!

Besides the wines themselves, the vineyard is a great place to visit. The owner's son poured our wines and was very knowledgeable and helpful. This is his dad's retirement. It is evident this is a labor of love! I will be back soon!

Newtown Square
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Winery!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Turdo is a wonderful boutique style winery run by a warm and hospitable family. The winery sits on a 5 acre estate and produces 1,000 cases per year. The wines are well constructed and consist of mainly French and Italian varieties. The wines are reasonably priced, $15 - $25, and many popular varieties are pre-sold prior to release. I worked in the industry in South Eastern PA and consider Turdo to be one of the finest regional producers.

New Jersey
“Wonderful afternoon of wine, conversation, and exploration of a vineyard.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon wandering the vineyard, tasting the great Turdo wine selection, and learning about the wine making process. I highly recommend a visit, and leave time to stay a while and enjoy the fine wine selection.

Connecticut
“Best wines on the East Coast, giving Cali a run for their money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Fantastic wines in a beautiful atmosphere lovingly crafted by the Turdos. A must see winery in New Jersey.