“TOTALLY AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 24 activities in Cape May
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Paddle through the pristine waters of Cape May & Wildwood Crest's Salt Marsh. Explore this natural habitat with an experienced guide who will point out migrating wildlife as well as indigenous species.For the more adventurous, rent a kayak and discover the flora and fauna as you paddle at your own pace - or rent a surf kayak and have a blast at the beach.
New Brunswick NJ
“TOTALLY AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The staff is great and the entire experience was well worth the affordable price. My family loved the whole establishment- we went kayaking and then sat down for some all-you-can eat crabs! It was great and really gave us a feel for the local community. Very fun and I recommend it to everyone who visits Cape May and Wildwood!!

Visited August 2011

Perth, Australia
“not there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I was down at meelup and i rang to make a booking at 10:08 am on the 5th of march got told they were doing something else and were rude then hung up on me. Was not pleased at all as i had a family with me. Will never have my business again and it's definitely no way to treat a customer

Visited March 2012
Short Hills, NJ
4 attraction reviews
“Very tolerant of a panicky child”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My 8-year old started out great but as time went on she (who was in a kyack with my wife) started panicking when they got close to the shallow shore. The staff was great and very patient. They wound up attaching a rope so that one of the staff could keep the boat in the center while they all paddled.

The location of the tour in the salt marshes is also great.

Visited August 2011
Lexington Park, Maryland
35 attraction reviews
“Nice Experience, Good Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Pleasent experience with staff, good kayaks at reasonable prices. Salt marsh is not the most entralling place to paddle.

Visited July 2011
Concord, New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
“A beautiful paddle among osprey and egrets...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had a wonderful experience with Cape Kayaks last week. As experienced paddlers, we opted to rent kayaks independently rather than join up with one of their guided groups. They were able to offer us "sit-in" (which I prefer due to issues with my back) as well as "sit on top" kayaks. I didn't find any other rental outlet on the southern shore that offered this option. The girls that run this shop also run a take-out seafood shack at the same time. It was amazing how smoothly they were able to keep both operations going. I was amazed by their professionalism, speed and friendliness. The boat load ramp was convenient and offered easy access in and out of the boat. We were given clear directions for our route. We thoroughly enjoyed snaking through the wetlands and spying osprey and egrets nesting nearby. It was a peaceful and beautiful afternoon. In past seasons, we've rented in Stone Harbor, Avalon and Wildwood, but this was by far the best experience. There was absolutely no boat traffic, plenty to see, and an on-site boat launch. Add in that the price was reasonable and the staff was helpful, polite and friendly...and you need to look no further. Don't forget to bring sunscreen and water. We'll definitely rent from Cape Kayaks on our future trips to the Jersey shore. We may even take a GUIDED trip...we liked this establishment so much.

Visited June 2011