“One of the best campgrounds in Cape May” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seashore Campsites & RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
You added Seashore Campsites & RV Resort to your Saves list
720 Seashore Road, Cape May, NJ   |
Montreal, Canada
“One of the best campgrounds in Cape May”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

First, let me start with the rational behind a 3 out of 5 rating if this is one of the best campground in Cape May, the others are just not very nice! Sorry.
Seashore, could be great, but it's almost like you have 3 campgrounds in one, one nice and wooded, one old and decrepit, one asphalted and cramped, so you better make sure you book your stay in the wooded area!
This aside, it is one of the closest to downtown and historic Cape May which is great, it is 10 minutes from the beautiful beach, there is a user fee, and all the main attractions.
The washrooms are clean and well maintained, the pool area is also clean and well maintained, right beside the pool area there is a little restaurant that serves decent quick service stuff.
The artificial lake area is neat!
The staff was very nice and professional, very helpful. My wife and I took a day and visited 10 campground in the area, most of them were friendly, but most of the were dodgy, except maybe Holly shore campground, If you want to spend your time in the campground, I would reconsider, if, on the other hand you want to visit all the attractions in the area, god knows there is a lot to do, then this is probably one of your best bet!

Room Tip: Go for the wooded area, the sites are so much better!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went on labor day weekend 2013....I figured going to a beach campsite, we wouldn't have shade...I was pleasantly surprised that the campground had lots of trees and plenty of shade. We stayed in the back corner off Ash Loop. We pulled in after hours around 10 pm and there were teenagers in a car and on bikes at the front entrance, so we were skeptical what kind of campground we were pulling into...We were greeted at the gate by an attendant and were still able to check in in the office. A guide led us back to our site and helped guide me back our popup in. The roads were very tight and it was very dark and noisy as lots of people were still up. He chatted with us for a few minutes and gave the kids free putt putt passes. The site was a decent size and was fairly level. The bathrooms were a block or two around the corner and once we made the trip once or twice, had no concerns with how dark it was or easy to get lost on the various roads that went through the park. They also have another building farther away that had new facilities. The building we used were decently maintained and you had to pay a quarter for 5 minutes of water. They had a nice pool with a food stand behind it and a large lake with a slide. They also had 2 wagons that took kids around the campground with a special surprise stop (not sure if this was for the holiday) while in transit for the kids, I was on the wagon too! (this absolutely must be done!) The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was great. Easy shot to the beach w/ minimal traffic. The noise was reasonable as it got later in the evening and there were lots of groups and families, many other campers were very friendly. This was a very comfortable campground and we would visit again.

Room Tip: The farther back and to the the right of the campground you go, the tighter the roads and ability to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ok, let me say all the good things about this campground first, because there are a lot of good things. It is very clean and the roads are nicely paved. The travel trailer/RV sites are paved and they each have a concrete patio and are surrounded by stones. The hookups were easy with good water pressure. The campground has a wonderful camp store/welcome center that has pretty much anything you might need. The location is great if you are visiting Cape May-- only minutes from the beaches, birding, and boating areas. It is easy to find and has a big entryway-- no worries getting our travel trailer in or out. We had a back-in site, but it was quite easy to back in, no problems. The WiFi was good, and you get a free hour a day. Our complaint was how small our site was. Most of the sites seemed quite spacious-- I think we must have just come on a very busy weekend and since we made our reservations late, got squeezed into the smallest site/area they had (C22 on Cardinal if anyone wants to know which area to avoid!) We had two RV's behind us (at different angles), plus an RV on either side, very close to us. We could hear everyone's conversations, even when inside our trailer. Our "neighbors" weren't particularly friendly, or it might have been okay. The only other negative thing I would say is that the customer service in the store was a little lacking. I was standing in line waiting to pay for something, and the person in front of me was having a problem. Eventually the line to pay was getting a bit long, and the staff member looked at the line and said to the customer, "hold on, let me get rid of these people". Not "let me help these customers and I'll get back to you" or something more polite like that! I think she was just flustered and it really wasn't a big deal, but it made me feel like she didn't really want my business and took away a bit from my experience at the campground. Overall, this is a very nice campground. I might stay here again, but I would make sure we got a different campsite. Most of the other areas seemed quite spacious, so I think the odds are you'd get a good site if you stayed here. The pull-through sites all seemed to have plenty of room, and most of the back-in sites did, too. Just stay away from the C22 area if you want a little more privacy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
South Bound Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just stayed here for the Firemens Covention, second year doing so, was wonderful. Sites that my group of 8 families took are very close, but nice stone driveway and cement patio. The staff is the nicest in the state. The pool very clean and heated. Bathhouses are spotless. I Highly recommend Seashore to everyone. Our group left Beach Comber to come here.......and best move we could ever make.......already booked for next year. Thanks Seashore, The Jerzee Joe Group.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this campground. There are certainly lots of services, but as a tenter, over 50$ is a bit steep for a spot on the ground. the site was nice, but too close to the others. There was no place to shed the dishwater (for tenters), which is a problem. Facilities are clean and there are enough showers for everyone, I didn't have to wait. The staff is usually friendly so no issue there. But some of our neighbours were noisy until 10:59 (quite time starts at 11:00 pm). All 3 nights. I know it's a campground, but I would have preferred something quieter. Also, transient campers have to go all the way to the back of the site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ringwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I along with our two children – a girl, 11 and a boy 8 – just came home from our 5 night/6 day trip to Seashore Campground in Cape May, NJ – we SO wish it was much longer…. It was our first time there and I have to start with it will NOT be our last time there. We were greeted by the staff which included the owner. On a daily basis they made you feel like they were happy you were there and like you mattered. Everyone from check-in to the amazingly lovely cashiers were incredible. When staff treat you the way that these people treat you it sets the tone for your entire trip and is really contagious!

The place is completely immaculate corner to corner, wall to wall. I swear it’s like little elves run right behind you to pick up, sweep up, clean up, but you NEVER see them! The restrooms/shower area and laundry room are impeccable. The gift shop is well stocked, fairly priced and well maintained. The snack shop is fair and affordable and the food is REALLY very, very good! The pool is clean, the lifeguards are attentive and again the area is well kept and maintained.

The Saturday activities were a lot of fun for all of us. There was a mechanical bull and rock climbing wall and relay races (my husband and I participated in the pony races – he won lol). During our trip it was Camper Appreciation Day and they provided everyone with free hotdogs, chips/pretzels and drinks. That night included a DJ and dancing as well as an Ice Cream Social – and YES, that was free too.

Our site was perfect for our 3-room tent and again CLEAN AS A WHISTLE (we chose our own site based on the map on the website and our conversation on the phone with a staff member; we were not disappointed). Our neighbors were as friendly as the staff (remember my contagious statement?). Again the sites are well kept and maintained and they are really on top of trash collection. Never saw them do that either, but somehow the cans always seemed to be empty!

All I know is that my daughter AND I silently (or maybe not so silently) sobbed as we pulled out of the driveway for the last time (for this year anyway). Yes, all good things must come to an end and we will no doubt be returning next year, but a year is SO SO long away…If not for the fact that my husband couldn’t remember when his boss took vacation we would’ve booked on our way out the door! Let’s just say that I have no doubt that we’ll be booked for next year before the end of August of THIS YEAR! I completely understand why we met so many repeat customers while we were there. One woman said that they’ve been going there for over 40 years… I have NO DESIRE to go any place else.

Thank you Seashore!!!

The Joneses... xo

Room Tip: Take some time to give some serious attention to the map and don't be afraid to call and ask que...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

During our June 2013 trip we spent 6 nights here. We stayed on site J21A/B. They said they will not put two groups on the sit unless you are together. This made for an extremely long site. We were located next to the brand new shower/laundry faculty. The restrooms we did use seemed to be very clean. There are a lot of seasonal campers with golf carts. The only complaint is that "weekenders" or transients are located all on the main road in/out if you require a larger site. If you tent, have a pop-up, or have a smaller travel trailer you shouldn't have such a noisy site. We would stay here again just for the great location. We enjoyed being only a few shore minutes from the parkway, Cape May, & Wildwood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Seashore Campsites & RV Resort? Share your experiences!