“Beautiful Outside, Not so Inside” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn of Cape May

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Inn of Cape May
You added Inn of Cape May to your Saves list
7 Ocean Street, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
“Beautiful Outside, Not so Inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I loved the outside of the hotel and the lobby and the restaurant etc. The rooms however were not so good. Very old, not old antique but just old. Very disappointing. Also, smell of mildew but that's probably just because its across the street from the ocean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

As a long time guest of the Inn, it is absolutely wonderful! I read so many of the reviews and just don't understand that people feel that a location that was built 100+ years ago needs to be modern... it is an old victorian destination place. The lobby has been renovated, making it appear bright and fresh. The best thing is the natural light streaming thru the windows since the curtains have been removed. The staff is quite accommodating, especially Dawn who truly went out of her way to make me and my friends more comfortable. This place and lovely staff are diamonds that shine brightly. Our room, which we get each year had several updates, one that included a new mattress that was so incredibly comfortable. Keep up the great work and thank you and your staff for making our stay fantastic! !!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sanibel Island, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A girlfriends weekend away turned bad. After a fun day sightseeing, we decided to sit on the sun deck and relax. Imagine my dismay, when I stood up and my friends asked what I had sat on because the bottom of my shorts now had white lines all over it. After brushing off my seat , we realized that my shorts had bleach spots all over them. I then went back to my chair and realized that it smelled like bleach and when I rubbed my hand on it and others smelled, they agreed with me. After thinking about it, I went to the front desk to notify them of what happened. The women at the front desk were apologetic and then notified the person in the back office (some type of manager ). She initially denied that they used bleach but then said maybe they did on those chairs. To my surprise, no type of restitution was offered. Very disappointing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

During a visit to Cape May, while staying at another motel, my sister and I "discovered" the Inn of Cape May. We enjoyed cocktails on the veranda in the late afternoon. It was a perfect way to end a lovely day of touring Cape May. We returned the next evening and before relaxing on the veranda - we asked the front desk staff if we could view a room. They were more than happy to accommodate our request. We checked out one of the oceanside rooms in the main building and found it very nice - clean and well appointed. Like their brochure says, it is not modern and that's where it's charm is. The lobby was filled with antiques and atmosphere. The public restroom was even quite lovely! Their off season rates were very reasonable. All staff members were both friendly and helpful to these non guests. We also enjoyed a nice breakfast at their restaurant, Aleathea's. So, I am looking forward to my next visit to Cape May and will definitely want to stay at the Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary. The Inn is charming with loads of antiques and a great porch with rocking chairs. The rooms are quaint. When booking remember it's an old Inn with nothing really modern or updated in the rooms. I liked the old staff operated elevator and the charm. Thought it was over priced but I guess your paying for the charm and the excellent location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the Inn again this year and it was delightful. I enjoy going to Cape May to see the beautiful Victorian homes. The Inn is a quaint seaside resort from the 1890's. I turned on the fan again to cool it. It is like going back in time. Research is always helpful. Some don't like the steps. The steps back it more personal. I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: go with the flow. great balcony to view the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

For November, the place was busy. Everyone else there we talked to had stayed there before, some many times. So its hard to see why this place isn't more highly rated. Maybe walking up to a 3rd floor room was too much, the elevator is not self service so we walked. Maybe the manual/on off TV and the cranky cable device made watching TV a challenge. The room wasn't great, but it was clean and the bed comfy, and climate control worked fine. Very convenient to town, and the beach, and free parking. Plenty of hot water for a long shower, nice porch and feeling of old times in this 100+ year old place, all good.

Room Tip: We took a land view room, not much of a view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn of Cape May? Share your experiences!