“A lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayberry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bayberry Inn
You added Bayberry Inn to your Saves list
223 Perry Street, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #22 of 47 Cape May B&B and Inns
Suffern
“A lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just returned from our second stay at the Bayberry and it was wonderful in every way.

The location is just as they say - walking distance to the beach, the shops, the playhouse, everything. With parking at a premium in Cape May, it was a huge advantage to be able to leave the car at the Inn the whole time and walk everywhere.

The inn is quaint with a front porch and parlors in which to relax.

We chose the third floor suite which suits us as it enabled me to watch TV in one room while my husband, who prefers to go to bed earlier, was able to sleep undisturbed. Both rooms had unit air conditioners that worked well and the bed was quite comfortable. The only problem I had the whole time was that the signal for the Wifi is too weak on the third floor, so I had to go downstairs to use my laptop. Andy was very helpful by providing an extension cord downstairs so I didn't have to worry about my battery running out. If I have any suggestion at all to make, it would be the easy one of adding another router upstairs as its nice to be able to use the computer in one's own room while relaxing in a robe, but this is far from a dealbreaker in comparison with all the benefits of the Inn.

Breakfasts were delicious and more than adequate and they tried to accommodate by asking if there are any food allergies ahead of time.

Prices are reasonable given the popularity of Cape May and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Westport, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our four night stay at the Bayberry Inn. The B & B looks just like the photos, with many Victorian period furnishings, antiques and Toby's beautiful orchids. Breakfasts were delicious and very filling. The location was perfect, a short walk to the Washington Street Mall, the beach, the Cape May Stage and many restaurants. On site parking is available.

We stayed in the Sunshine Room, a larger room facing Perry Street. We kept the windows open at night and were pleased that there were few sounds at night. Other areas seemed much noisier at night as we walked around. As is the case with many older home B & B's, the in-room bathroom is very small, like a closet, with the sink conveniently located near the bed.

We loved our first visit to Cape May and plan to be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay for our anniversary in July. The B & B is clean, comfortable, and close to the "mall" and beach. The hosts had nice breakfasts for us promptly at 9:00 am. We stayed in the suite which is on the third floor. My husband is quite tall and he had a hard time standing straight and we probably would have enjoyed the other rooms better because they had taller ceilings. Other than that, Andy & Toby were pleasant to deal with. My only recommendation is to have conditioner available to guests b/c my hair definitely needs conditioner!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very lovely B&B, the breakfast Toby made was fantastic. Room was comfortable (sunshine room), hosts were incredibly hospitable. Second time staying there, would definitely stay again. Walking distance to downtown sights. Wireless internet.

Room Tip: Sunshine room has private bath and tons of sunshine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Inidan Mills NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We felt very welcomed. Both Andy and Toby were knowledgeable about the rich history of Cape May. They were willing to help us with dinner reservations and things to do on our brief visit. Great antiques, lots of orchids and a comfy environment. Breakfast was delicious, bed was perfect and price was reasonable. The home was very clean. The Inn was right in the middle of town but off the main road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spent three days in the middle of winter at this wonderful B&B. Toby and Andy treated me both like a member of the family and welcomed/valued guest. The accommodations were lovely with many victorian touches. I especially liked the orchids and antique clocks. Breakfast was wonderful and the bed was super comfortable! The B&B is about 3 blocks from the beach and within easy walking distance of Cape May shops and restaurants. I went there for my annual spiritual retreat and the quiet allowed me to listen for God's "still, small voice".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We needed to make (very) spur of the moment reservations in Cape May, to meet with our Son, Daughter in Law, and grandbabies, for a few days' fun. Bayberry Inn had an opening for the days we needed, and surprisingly, the price was reasonable, comparatively. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Andy and given a brief history of the home. Then we met with Tobi. We were brought to our room and I was totally impressed with how clean it was, which is one of the most important things to me, when I stay somewhere. Our bed was comfortable, and even though the room was not the largest in the place, it was perfect for us. The breakfasts were all quite delicious. I was also very impressed by Tobi, who was at the time, caring for two little baby cardinals whose parents had "flown the coop" so to speak (they left one evening and did not return the next day, sadly). So, she took on the task of hand feeding them, but trying, at the same time, not to imprint on them, so they could learn to fend for themselves in the wild... she did a great job of this (and I still owe her a few photos of her hand-feeding them, too...). Both of them seem to just go out of their way to make your trip pleasant, but not to be overbearing, at the same time. Will we go back?? YOU BET! Especially since Cape May is my most favorite place in the world to be... and now that I found the Bayberry Inn? I'm set for life! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayberry Inn? Share your experiences!