“wonderful B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayberry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bayberry Inn
Ranked #21 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
Newark, Delaware
“wonderful B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spent three days in the middle of winter at this wonderful B&B. Toby and Andy treated me both like a member of the family and welcomed/valued guest. The accommodations were lovely with many victorian touches. I especially liked the orchids and antique clocks. Breakfast was wonderful and the bed was super comfortable! The B&B is about 3 blocks from the beach and within easy walking distance of Cape May shops and restaurants. I went there for my annual spiritual retreat and the quiet allowed me to listen for God's "still, small voice".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We needed to make (very) spur of the moment reservations in Cape May, to meet with our Son, Daughter in Law, and grandbabies, for a few days' fun. Bayberry Inn had an opening for the days we needed, and surprisingly, the price was reasonable, comparatively. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Andy and given a brief history of the home. Then we met with Tobi. We were brought to our room and I was totally impressed with how clean it was, which is one of the most important things to me, when I stay somewhere. Our bed was comfortable, and even though the room was not the largest in the place, it was perfect for us. The breakfasts were all quite delicious. I was also very impressed by Tobi, who was at the time, caring for two little baby cardinals whose parents had "flown the coop" so to speak (they left one evening and did not return the next day, sadly). So, she took on the task of hand feeding them, but trying, at the same time, not to imprint on them, so they could learn to fend for themselves in the wild... she did a great job of this (and I still owe her a few photos of her hand-feeding them, too...). Both of them seem to just go out of their way to make your trip pleasant, but not to be overbearing, at the same time. Will we go back?? YOU BET! Especially since Cape May is my most favorite place in the world to be... and now that I found the Bayberry Inn? I'm set for life! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mendham, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Looking for a reasonably priced B&B for a weekend getaway in Cape May, I trusted the positive feedbacks from other Tripadvisor reviewers.
The house is two blocks from the pedestrian area, has a lot of character, is impeccably clean, breakfast is great, and the owners are very friendly and helpful.
And if you like Orchids - the house is full of them!

My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
North Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the first time my dad and I visit to Cape May. After trying to search for these B&B's to book, they're almost all full. Until then... I've found this, and was vacant! We booked it for the weekend vacation on the near end of July. Lemme tell you... I love this place forever! It's soo beautiful, quiet, tranquil, and was based upon the Victorian architecture- that's more LIKE IT! The innkeepers, Tobi and Andy, (based upon their old-world generations) were sooo nice and sincere. The antique clocks and music boxes they collected were elegant! The multi-course breakfast as not just delicious, but sooo healthy as well... I'll visit here again next time! You MUST visit there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Bayberry Inn was truly the cleanest B & B we have ever stayed at. We are seasoned B n B'ers... this was one of the very best experiences we've had to date. The Innkeepers were so friendly it felt like we knew them forever. The room was lovely... cozy, comfortable, clean. Even the housekeeper was a sweetheart... ran into her in the "Mall" and she immediately recognized us and greeted us. As for the breakfasts, they were truly outstanding. Toby is a fantastic "chef" and Andy is so knowledgeable about Cape May and also gardening/orchids... which, we are AVID gardeners.. The location is excellent - one block from the Washington St. Mall and two 1/2 blocks from the beach. Our spur of the moment vacation to Cape May was truly enjoyable, heightened by the friendliness and hospitality of the innkeepers. We will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend the Bayberry Inn.

Room Tip: Since there are only five rooms at the Inn, it would depend on what you are looking for - if you wan...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

we arrived at cape may for a wedding, wife exhausted, checked in bayberry inn and greeted warmly by toby, the owner..showed us our room on the first floor (bad knees prevents climbing stairs) ..the room was small but comfortable. We met Andy, the other half who greeted us warmly as well..slept well, good bed, sweet room and great bed...breakfast is unique for a b and b ..in that everyone eats at 9 at the big dining table...breakfast was wonderful and conversation was equally good among the 6 other people at the b and b...andy and toby were gracious , helpful, entertaining and great hosts...dont plan on rushing thru breakfast, it lasted an hour or so in pleasure and relaxation. I would recommend the bayberry inn and the hosts without reservations...seth and barbara koch

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

After scouring the web and asking several friends about where to stay in Cape May, we decided on the Bayberry Inn for out "babymoon." I needed a private bathroom and wanted to be close by to everything, yet not in the center of the action, I also wanted parking on-site. Bayberry was perfect. The breakfast was super and the innkeepers were friendly, fun and helpful.

Room Tip: Call and ask what's available. The internet is not the only way to find out!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayberry Inn? Share your experiences!