“Great customer service everything else ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast

Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast
You added Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
115 North Broadway, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #46 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great customer service everything else ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife decided to try a bed and breakfast for the first time. Compared to other bed and breakfasts in the area the price is cheaper but still steep about 180 a day. The inn keeper was a wonderful sweet person but the room we had might not have been updated yet. The bed wasn't great the headboard was loose and the bathroom was tiny. Breakfast was not good we went across the street the next day because the eggs seemed to come out from a carton not fresh eggs. The coffee was superb and the grapefruit juice was good. If your planning staying in the cape May area just to relax in the room then your not getting your money's worth out of this.

• Stayed October 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlboro, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here because we had a wedding in Cape May. It was very far from the beach front. We were able to walk to the Washington St. Mall area but it was still a bit of a distance. When we arrive at 2 PM (check in time) we had to call the inn keeper and then had to wait for her to arrive. We were taken up to our room and given a brief overview of the inn. Later in the day we had to ask how to get in at night and for the wi-fi password. Snacks were not put out at 4 PM as promised. The breakfast was good both mornings we stayed. I was very disappointed with the way the inn keeper spoke to her other employee. During breakfast one morning we could hear her being reprimanded in the kitchen. It made for a very uncomfortable breakfast and atmosphere for us and the other guests. The room was nice and the beds were super comfortable but that was the best part of this inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at Buttonwood Manor in the Buttonwood Suite over Labor Day Weekend. I'd read about Akwaaba in Essence magazine and had friends that stayed at the DC location and raved about it so I could not wait to stay! Therefore, my husband booked it for our wedding anniversary.

The location is perfect, close to everything. We parked our car and did not move it until we left on Monday. The Innkeeper is very helpful and genuine. She immediately made us feel at home. We enjoyed the privacy of the Buttonwood Manor which is not in the main house.

However, we were thoroughly disappointed by the state of the suite. The wicker furniture had some discoloration, the bathroom window did not lock or close properly, there was a large mold stain on the baseboard in the bathroom, small outdated tv/dvd/VCR unit, dirty pullout suede sofa, loose front door handle and lock, no closet only a bar hanging from the ceiling with hangers and a piece of unfinished plywood held up the microwave.

Moreover the breakfast was also a disappointment. There were no options and portions were small. I wanted to love Akwabaa and really struggled with writing a negative review, but I wish I had all of the facts so that my husband and I could have made an informed decision so I felt it only right that I share our experience. I wanted this suite to be great, and it could be with more attention to detail and some TLC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Carriage House- Be prepared to climb the steps if you stay on the upper level. Do not plan to cook much because the burners look dangerous. There's a small tv in the room that must be a leftover from the 80's. Breakfast was the highlight of my disappointments. I anticipated a spread of home cooked delights- NOT! and portions were small.
Location is 5 blocks from the beach. Fine if you don't want to carry much. Parking is good. Cleanliness was ok. Staff engaging. Unfortunately they don't know much about the area.
For the price- you can do better.

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Buttonwood manor is so quaint, quiet, and peaceful. We were able to check-in what ever time we pleased and came and went on our own. It's a short walk to the center of town and restaurants, but also far enough away from the bustle. The breakfast both mornings was absolutely delicious! My favorite part of course!! Also, the chicken salad, other snacks, and fruity drinks set out in the sunroom in the late afternoon was just as delicious! Wish I had it all in front of me now! This was our second stay, our first being last August. They have recently renovated each room and added new lush towels and robes. The other guests were so friendly and delightful, Erica and Penny were also very kind and accommodating! My boyfriend and I will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mom, sister and I stayed in the Sophia room. It's the one with the bathroom outside the room.

I spoke with the main office before going on my trip and they were helpful in recommending spas and restaurants. I ordered flowers and a cake for my mom's bday. These were there when we arrived and they were beautiful.

Good:
The room was beautiful, sun filled, very comfy beds.
Since the bathroom was outside the room, we were provided nice soft clean robes to wear when going from the bedroom to the bathroom.
The common areas are clean comfortable with enough seating for all the guests.
Parking was not an issue.
Breakfast was decent and was served on time.
Nice amentites - beach towels, umbrellas, insect repellant all provided in the foyer.

Not so good:
There was a sink in the room that didn't work. I gather it must have worked at some point but that space could better be used for a dresser, as there was limited storage space for our clothes.
The space were the toilet is located is very small. It's placed between the radiator and the tub. It's rather uncomfortable to sit.
The carpet that runs through the hallway and steps is dirty and old. It doses't match the rest of the home and should be updated.

Other:
Our Innkeeper was Penny but we didn't see much of her. Instead we had a stand-in Innkeeper, Lisa. Lisa was great. She was friendly, hospitable, engaging - all the great things you'd want in an Innkeeper...except that she didn't know much about Cape May (like restarants, things to do, etc). Maybe this was bc she was a standin. It wasn't too much of a big deal but it would have given her an A+ instead of an A.

I would stay here again if I went back to Cape May. Over all, I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!