“What a great weekend get away!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
MID-WEEK 7/2/14- 7/11/14
Ranked #9 of 42 hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
“What a great weekend get away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I would highly recommend the Carroll Villa B&B. We stayed in room 16 (third floor) which was recently renovated. We received a great discount toward our stay through a Living Social deal. The staff was very friendly and we were able to get in our room an hour before check-in. You must try the French toast at The Mad Batter. The restaurant is always busy but I felt that special attention was given to hotel guests as far as quick seating. I will plan another stay at Carroll Villa again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012

692 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I purchased an overnight stay through Living Social and what a great deal it turned out to be.
Intially, however, I was very "put off" by Kathi who answered the phone to take my reservation. She insisted there was an upgrade charge for the room I wanted to reserve even when it was not listed in the small print on the purchase deal. I was willing to pay the surcharge for a larger room but I thought they should have included this room number with the other information on the deal and I suggested they do so next time. She was so unpleasant, I was ready to cancel my reservation but I knew of the Carroll Villa and the Mad Batter and I wanted to give this to a friend for her birthday. I'm glad I didn't cancel. The Carroll Villa is delightful. Cheetah, who works the front desk is amazing. He couldn't do enough for us. Our room, although a change from the one I confirmed, was lovely and in the main building. Our breakfast at the Mad Batter couldn't have been better. The menu choices were varied and excellent. The beach is a mere 1/2 block away. We also were able to walk to the local restaurants and the wineries are a short drive. I will definitely return to Carroll Villa! It's a treasure.

Room Tip: I liked the main building instead of the annex but keep in mind there are no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Carroll Villa for an overnight visit and I cannot say enough good things about our experience. Our room was immaculate and the breakfast at the Mad Batter was delicious. We used our free voucher,but I plan on returning in August and I will eat there again! Also,the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms..no elevator. After all it is an old Victorian building!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
san francisco, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had high expectations of the Carroll Villa based on the rave reviews. Unfortunately, my experience was not as good. It started off in the wrong direction with the unfriendly greeting by the woman at reception. The place was vaguely unclean (especially the halls off of the restaurant leading to the rooms). I suppose it has just seen a lot of traffic but overall I felt the room was overpriced for what it was.

The impetus for the trip was to celebrate my father's birthday. The "Happy Birthday" balloon in the room was a pleasant touch. One of the window panes in the primary bedroom was broken although it was early Oct. and the weather had just turned cold.

The food at the Mad Batter was very good. Overall, I'd choose a more comfortable location to stay and simply visit the Batter for a good meal.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I went for our one year anniversary. We booked through Living Social and had no problems or issues with check in. All the staff over incredibly courteous and friendly, going out of their way to help us get situated in our room and give us some ideas for stuff to do while there for the weekend.

So why not five stars? Why just four? Two reasons: Our bathroom was kind of beat up (hole in ceiling where they roughed in a ventilation fan), and the staff/service at the Mad Batter (attached restaurant) was less than stellar. Of all the people we came in contact with at the restaurant, only one was genuinely nice and friendly. The others just made us feel like they wanted to feed us, get us out, and get another group in. Which was surprising because it took a long time to get our food each day, so if they really wanted us moving they could've hustled with the food.

Overall, rooms are cozy and well decorated. Staff at hotel was top notch, can't say enough good things about Kathy and Cheetah (yes that's right, Cheetah like the cat). Even the maintenance and support staff were stand up people, always smiling and saying hello, even giving us a bottle of wine and balloons for our anniversary (don't know if that was management or what, but it was a nice touch). We will definitely come back and for more days, albeit maybe in a larger room and maybe we'll check out a few other restaurants instead of just the one on the property.

Room Tip: If you have the money to spend, get a larger room. We were in an average room and it was really sma...
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We really enjoyed our two night stay at the Carroll Villa. We already loved the Mad Batter Restaurant, so it made sense to stay at the hotel where a free breakfast is included. Our room was very clean and just enough room for the two of us. All of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly.

Freehold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just about every year for the past 15 years we have celebrated our Wedding Anniversary at the Carroll Villa. It is such a great get away for couples. Relaxing, great food and close to home. Close to the beach,shopping and great restaurants. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: This year we stayed in Room 4. It had plenty of space and a king size bed. The view of Jackson Stree...
Rangers1, Owner at Carroll Villa Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you Donna for being such a friend of the Mad Batter Restaurant and Carroll Villa. It is great to know that our guests think of us as family. Room 4 is a great room and made even more special by the upgraded king bed...Have a great Summer! Mark Kulkowitz

Been to Carroll Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!