“Quieter Location and Good Rates.” 4 of 5 stars

Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   605 Madison Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Media, Pennsylvania
“Quieter Location and Good Rates.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

2 stays. October 2014, one night.( SOLO)
December 2014 2 nights, 2 adults ( Christmas Victorian weekend).
The reason I initially chose Madison BC is because it is within walking distance of the hustle and bustle of Victorian Cape May town center and yet you can retreat here for some quiet. Its a great location for walking, biking and on my last visit I actually heard the ocean from the back of the unit.

Heather( think that is her name) was wonderful both times in assisting me with my visits. The last visit for Victorian Weekend was wonderful in that upon check in they gave us gifts of a very nice thermos with hot chocolate for the cold evening of touring houses and a glass Xmas tree ornament. That was a bonus .

In season they have a pool, are only a few blocks to the beach and the rooms are large enough for 2 adults to have plenty of room or a 2 adults and a couple of kids would do well here as well. The room is equipped with a kitchenette, a small table and a nice sized bathroom with a closet to store your items. The bathroom vanity has drawers and there is a nice sized bureau in the room.

I enjoyed both the location and the reasonable rates which could have been really high considering it was a prime Christmas weekend in Cape May. And I got good nights sleep here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed one night and rented two rooms for our family. Check in went smoothly. The rooms are very nice with a very comfortable bed and modern appliances. The heater in one of our rooms did not work ( a mini-split system that had a fried mother board apparently). They had no problem moving us to another room that did have a working unit. During the night this unit also quit working with the same error message indicating an electronic problem (mini-split systems seem to be known for this). Then, upon trying to take a shower, there was little to no hot water. It went from luke warm to cold in about two minutes. We mentioned the problems to the desk clerk when checking out. Her response was " sorry to hear about that we've been having problems with the units. I don't believe she believed me about the lack of hot water because her only response to that was " no one else has complained". I should have asked her to go up and take a shower and see how she makes out, but I didn't. I would have expected at least a bit of sympathy or something other than the response I received. Other than those two issues the rooms were kept very nice and the area is quiet and relaxed.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

We usually stay at a B&B but this one time we decided to do a motel. It was such a pleasant experience we would certainly come back! The rooms were immaculate, service was excellent, we enjoyed sunning by the pool when not at the beach. The place is beyond dog friendly...they had 'welcome biscuits' and fresh water for our pooches upon arrival when we checked in at the front office! The have some handy poop bag dispensers on the grounds. It truly is easy to bring your pets here. We met other friendly people and dogs. We were close to everything, although not quite as close as our normal B&B's, it's still an easy bike or walk to the beach. Highly recommend this very nice motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I have stayed here at the Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel a few times in the past and have always enjoyed the location and the best rates. This was an overnight stay with my husband and it was his first visit. We were in a first floor room with a king bed. I really liked the set up of the room. I would stay there again and if we could have stayed longer I would have loved using the kitchen area. The bathroom was my favorite because of the shower. Yes you are far from the beach but that was what I wanted. My husband was very impressed.

Room Tip: Just make sure that if you have pet allergies to get a room that doesn't allow pets.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

This is a lovely motel on a wide avenue, walking distance from all main attractions and food (unless you're not used to walking a lot, in which case, it's an easy drive). Our problem was first that the bed was SOFT--cave-in-and-make-a-cradle soft. It was also super damp in there, all the time, which is not unheard of at the beach, but lots of places have dehumidifiers to help with that problem. We also arrived to find that the maid had left trash on the landing outside our door, and during our stay, she left laundry outside our door overnight--not beach towels, but bath towels. If we were pickier, that would have been a problem. And the T.V. was broken. But the internet was good, and it was a quiet location. Oh, and the kitchenette had dishes and glasses, so that was super helpful!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

Can't complain. We would stay there again. Room was a little small but that's ok bc we didn't stay in it much. The only upgrades I would like to see are a krueig coffee maker and queen size beds instead of full size beds. Otherwise our stay was wonderful

• Stayed August 2014
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

My wife and I drove into Cape May with no expectation of spending the night ... but we did. The town is amongst the nicest beach resorts one can find. The beach is amazing. Beautiful Victorian homes fill every street. I can go on; however, back to the motel. We decided to stay and began to inquire about vacancies. We found a place by happenstance at the very end of Beach Ave. (near 2nd Ave.). They had no rooms, but mentioned their sister motel - the Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel. We booked a room there at a very favorable rate and found the place to be a hidden jewel. It is a little walk to the beach - about 8 blocks. It appears the place is set up for families to stay more than a night. In fact, I found parked vehicles there with plates from Ohio, Colorado, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and New York. The room appeared to be recently renovated. The bathroom was very spacious. There was a small kitchen area in the room with all the required utensils, dishes, fridge, sink and microwave - no burners. There were seats with a table just outside of each room, a convenient laundry room and a wonderful pool just a few yards from our room. The place - inside and out - was extremely clean. I would suggest to management to toss the carpets and tile each room. The carpets seemed to pull in the humidity of the area and unfortunately leave a funky smell in the room. The carpet was also a bit soiled. Nonetheless, I would stay at this place again - just wear slippers ;)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel? Share your experiences!