“Rude and ill-mannered” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jersey Cape Motel

Jersey Cape Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Jersey Cape Motel
769 Route 9, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #34 of 42 hotels in Cape May
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Rude and ill-mannered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I absolutely never felt this disrespected and derogated in my life. I called the front desk a few times to ask questions in regards to the motel and the rates. The lady in the front desk answered my questions thoroughly. However, I called a few more times after that to ask more questions. I assume she was frustrated due to the bombardment of questions. However, her job is to provide me with quick and thorough responses. As a prospective customer, I am obligated to have that right. Before I finalized my reservation, I asked my friends a few questions wondering if they would like to stay in this motel or not. Finally, we all came to a consensus that we would like to book a suite at the Jersey Cape Motel. I called the front desk and the same lady answered. I told her that I would like to stay for the weekend of June in the Jersey Cape Motel; instead of finalizing my reservation, she questioned me rudely on my age and my company's ages. I politely answered her question and told her I was 22 and my 3 guests are all 20. She stated that she is not sure whether or not we are allowed to stay in the motel. I asked her why is that? She responded "the motel has the right to deny any customer." Then I asked her why I was denied my right to stay in the motel, she hesitantly responded with the same reply. I do not know why I was either blacklisted or denied my right to stay in the motel. I was unreasonably upset with the family-owned motel. Disrespect and indignity was all I obtained from this motel.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Swedesboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Clean and comfortable, no frills motel. Affordable and located just outside of the main attractions in Cape May. Has a nice sized pool. Very layed back, nothing fancy here. Owners were friendly and accomadating. Not sure I would stay here again, would like something a little closer to the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Allenwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great customer service. Loretta and Mary were very accommodating. Would stay there again. Close to everything. Do yourself a favor and take a short trip up 9 and then 47 towards wildwood and you'll find a great diner ..the rio grande. Great motel. Great price. Peaceful and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed this week.
Very clean room and clean premises. Nice outdoor pool. Owners obviously take pride in their Motel. Would definitely stay again. Shortly drive the beach, downtown Cape May and to the lighthouse.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Jersey Cape Motel is one of the older family run motels, that caters to those in search of modest price motels, and is clean and well maintained. It has a small refrigerator, but lacks an ice machine if you intend to go to the beach with a cooler.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Westville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great hotel. All the reviews are right! I've stayed here numerous times. My parents and brother also use this hotel every time they go to Cape May. The owners of this hotel are beyond nice. I had to share the story. I booked a room for my parents in June as a gift. My father became sick and had to go into the hospital. I called & spoke to the owner and he was happy to reschedule them for a few wks later. I told him to charge me for making the change at such a late notice but he wouldnt. Well, a few wks later my poor father is still in the hospital and I had to call to cancel again. I never even thought of asking for the money back. The owners were so nice that they reimbursed my total payment. No other hotel would even think of doing that, especially in Cape May. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Bring a bike! You can ride to the center of Cape May & the ferry.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atco, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My two daughters nd I stayed one weekend night in late May.
It was a short Mother/daughter get away and we just wanted something clean !
The hotels was much more then we had hoped for.We had a room with a kitchen that included a stove top,mini fridge ,microwave full size coffee maker ,full size sink and cooking gear! The room was VERY clean and the staff was helpful and nice!!It also had two double beds as well as a pull out couch!! All for just $84 -in CAPE MAY!

The hotel is older but not run down at all it's more like stepping back in time a bit!When we checked we were greeted by a man that was a family member/owner who looked our reservation up in a book-not by computer!!Then he talked with us about the area! The girls and I also loved the over all feel of the place -It felt homey and safe there was even a little typed message in our room from the owners that included a travelers prayer!! Outside was a cute pool area-pool was not open yet:( Also there were a few nice grills and two sitting areas with picnic tables! It is also in a great location right off of Rt 9- in the car it took us about 5 mins to get to the center of Capemay!! It also took us just about 15 mins to get to Wildwood and Stone Harbor!!

All and all we LOVED the place and look forward to going back soon!My only suggestion would be for them to open the pool in mid May!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jersey Cape Motel? Share your experiences!