“great hotel with the nicest owners” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jersey Cape Motel

Jersey Cape Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Jersey Cape Motel
You added Jersey Cape Motel to your Saves list
769 Route 9, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Westville, New Jersey
“great hotel with the nicest owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great hotel. All the reviews are right! I've stayed here numerous times. My parents and brother also use this hotel every time they go to Cape May. The owners of this hotel are beyond nice. I had to share the story. I booked a room for my parents in June as a gift. My father became sick and had to go into the hospital. I called & spoke to the owner and he was happy to reschedule them for a few wks later. I told him to charge me for making the change at such a late notice but he wouldnt. Well, a few wks later my poor father is still in the hospital and I had to call to cancel again. I never even thought of asking for the money back. The owners were so nice that they reimbursed my total payment. No other hotel would even think of doing that, especially in Cape May. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Bring a bike! You can ride to the center of Cape May & the ferry.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atco, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My two daughters nd I stayed one weekend night in late May.
It was a short Mother/daughter get away and we just wanted something clean !
The hotels was much more then we had hoped for.We had a room with a kitchen that included a stove top,mini fridge ,microwave full size coffee maker ,full size sink and cooking gear! The room was VERY clean and the staff was helpful and nice!!It also had two double beds as well as a pull out couch!! All for just $84 -in CAPE MAY!

The hotel is older but not run down at all it's more like stepping back in time a bit!When we checked we were greeted by a man that was a family member/owner who looked our reservation up in a book-not by computer!!Then he talked with us about the area! The girls and I also loved the over all feel of the place -It felt homey and safe there was even a little typed message in our room from the owners that included a travelers prayer!! Outside was a cute pool area-pool was not open yet:( Also there were a few nice grills and two sitting areas with picnic tables! It is also in a great location right off of Rt 9- in the car it took us about 5 mins to get to the center of Capemay!! It also took us just about 15 mins to get to Wildwood and Stone Harbor!!

All and all we LOVED the place and look forward to going back soon!My only suggestion would be for them to open the pool in mid May!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have stayed at this motel many times over the years. It is in a convenient location for all the birding spots in Cape May County. We like the efficiency room for the convenience of cooking our meals and a table. The room is large, clean and comfortable and the grounds of the motel are nicely kept. Parking just outside the door is a convenience we appreciate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Beautiful Bucks County PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Very clean motel and reasonable for Cape May area. Rooms were large and clean, beds were comfortable . Bathroom was spotless, my room had a small kitchen that had dishes, pots , dishcloths , stove and microwave great if you ate meals in. Grounds well kept with picnic tables and areas to have a cookout. Large pool area. Hostess very helpful and free coffee in the am. Will book again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Motel was perfect location for Cold Springs Historical village. Clean, basic, easy access. No frills here. Two beds; couch, fridge, older TV. AC/Heater in great working order. Friendly owner at check-in. No computer access in office for credit cards, so you will have to mail a check if you call for reservations. All rooms are ground level with parking at the door. Nice heated outdoor pool. (Seasonal). Minutes from bridge into Cape May and close to Ferry.

Room Tip: All room seem to be the same - Basic Rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This truly is the no frills motel. NO phone, basic room with double bed comes with beds(only has double size no queen or king for two beds, single bed roomes come with queen size), bar fridge, tv (albiet not new but does the job), pull out couch that becomes a single bed(not very comfy) and a small Bathroom. The room has the standard musty smell, nothing an open window couldnt fix. I had to ask for coffee pot and microwave(when booking I was under the impression I was getting the kitchenette, they didnt ask so I assumed.My bad) Over all the location is good. But being a tourest area this is the best deal if you only need somewhere to lay your head and put your stuff down. They did get Wifi which is a plus. Last day of check out there was no electricty for the motel rooms but the office did, they didnt offer to let us use the bathroom to at least wash our faces so I had to go to my gf's to use her bathroom and get ready for a 11hr drive home!

Room Tip: Make sure you request the kitchenette if you want that room, they dont ask when booking.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Amherst, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Cape May hotels are expensive & the in-town traffic confusing, so I was delighted to find this clean, friendly, very inexpensive place close to town but away from the bustle. Plus I was virtually at the ferry for an early-morning departure. The rooms are slightly dated & basic, but meticulously clean. Everything was freshly painted, the sink & tub re-grouted. Good lighting and plenty of ice in the fridge. The owner was very cordial and lives on-site, which is reassuring if you're traveling alone and want to be sure someone's around at night. No phone, though, so remember your cell.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Jersey Cape Motel? Share your experiences!