“Excellent Location at a Modest Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Victorian Motel
You added Victorian Motel to your Saves list
223 Congress Place, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Location at a Modest Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was our first stay at the Victorian Motel, and we found it to be a very pleasant experience. Our room was very clean and the cost was good for Cape May. Our room had a small kitchenette with a stovetop, microwave and refrigerator. Best of all, the location, right at the foot of the Washington St. pedestrian mall, is excellent. The motel is also close to the beach and many of Cape May's historic buildings. The motel does have a large pool, and also in the pool area is a large grill which can be reserved at the office. Be sure to book your room as early as you can, especially if you are planning on visiting during the summer, since the motel fills up quickly. Also be sure to say to hello to Tabitha the Cat when checking in and out, since the motel lobby is hers. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: We got a room set back from the pool, and this seemed to be quieter for us than the areas at poolsid...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
South Amboy, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is our third year staying at the Victorian Motel. Our room is always clean - The staff is always friendly and accommodating to our needs. There is an elevator to the 2nd and 3rd floors. We usually get a room on the 2nd floor and the elevator is appreciated.The location of the motel is very convenient to all restaurants, shops and the beach. We look forward to going every June.

Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The top thing I look for when staying somewhere is cleanliness and this place has that. The rooms were spotless and the pool area was was also very clean. They staff was also very nice and helpful and were there to help whenever needed. We very much enjoyed the pool and it was perfect for my 2 year old son as it had a area just for his age. The location was great, right across from the start of the Washington Mall and it was also just a short walk to the beach. They have a bike rack if you want to bring a bike and while I was a little worried at first since I couldn't bring my bike in the room, the rack location right outside the office away from the street and under the sundeck made me feel comfortable to lock it there overnight.

The beds themselves were not very comfortable, but I had worse. But my main complaint would be the smoking policy. While I realize that the walkways and sundeck are outside, I didn't like opening my door and getting a big breath of smoke every time. Both neighbors seems like they did nothing but smoke the whole week, so this problem was highlighted more with them. Also, we did sit on the sundeck one afternoon and had to leave after a few minutes because we didn't want our son exposed to so much smoke as everyone on the deck was smoking at the time. Again, all this was outside, so I can't hold it against them too much.

Even with my complaints I would still recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a wonderful time here! The host was very understanding and flexible to our needs. Everyone was very helpful and the location, at the foot of the pedestrian shopping strip, was phenomenal. I definitely would stay here if I return to the area. Thanks!

Room Tip: Get the one bedroom suite, if it's available, if your party has 5-6 persons as you'll save m...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was very happy with the location of this hotel and the question was are there any vacancies? I was in luck! There staff was great, they explained the parking rules and check out procedure. Since I was competing in the annual Escape the Cape Triathlon, I got a few perks. Everything was within walking distance, and I was able to hit the beach and a nice restaurant with a short walk. Also very close to the local supermarket to get snack food and other supplies.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
John C, General Manager at Victorian Motel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Shane, congratulations on completing the Escape the Cape Triathlon. Were glad we could get you in.Your feed back helps us to make sure we are hitting the high standards we set. Please come and visit us again some time and Shhhh on the perks. :)
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We booked our room one month before hand and stayed 3 days. I must say the rooms are very clean, bathrooms are very clean and the staff was very friendly. The pool was a little on the cold side but your body will get used to that after a while.
Over all my wife and I will be back again. The area is very clean and in walking distance to a lot of dinners and shops.

Room Tip: Any room on any level is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
How nice that you chose us to celebrate your anniversary. We're glad you had such a nice time. Your review helps our staff to know that their efforts are noticed and the standards we set are high.

Please come visit again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Needed to get away from work, house chores and parenting, so took my wife of 23 years and headed to Cape May. The Victorian was: Close to everything. Very clean and quiet. Staff was great. Price reasonable. Pillows weak but abundant. We Will go back!

Room Tip: 3rd floor corner most quiet and private.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Victorian Motel? Share your experiences!