“rude owners and some big bald regular” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: English, Irish, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Dolan's is a truly Irish Bar & Restaurant located in Burlington, NJ. Many restaurants call themselves Irish, but we really are! Enjoy many of our traditional Irish dishes and wash them down with beer imported from Ireland!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“rude owners and some big bald regular”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

went for open mic ... music was good service was slow , food was nothing to write home about ,, met the owner and wife ,, tried a few times ,, felt as if i was at a dentist office,, i would not ask them rude owners to run my lemon-aid stand ..
movin on ..

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Unwilling to meet the customer's needs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We purchased a restaurant.com voucher for this restaurant, and if we didn't have that, I would have left. We dined on a Saturday night and the restaurant was sparsely populated, we were seated right away - very good. The waitress opened with "everything is made fresh to order". (She should have qualified that with "as long as it's what the kitchen wants to serve you"). I tried to order the tilapia special but rather than potatoes I wanted a different veggie. Apparently, this evening they were serving peas. (I dislike peas.) I was willing to have one serving of peas but asked to replace the potatoes with any other veggie. The answer from the kitchen was no, I could have two servings of peas. Really? I asked for roasted potatoes (as I noticed they were served with another dish) - no, I can have mashed potatoes or french fries. [At this point, I was ready to walk out except that we had to use our voucher. I plan to NEVER return.] Finally I asked for a side salad - that was acceptable as they had just run out to the store to get more lettuce but the peas were the special veggie so I was not allowed to subsitute anything else. I ended up having the mashed potatoes on the plate - they were nothing special and I didn't eat them. I did steal the pile of steamed kale from my husband's plate - why couldn't they offer me kale?! - so I could have two veggies. The meal was ok, nothing to visit again for, especially after the poor customer service. We ended the meal with the Guinness pudding - it was tasty, but very small for the price. Additionally, we had quite a bit of trouble finding the pub as none of our GPS' could reconcile the address with the location.....

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Inconsistant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here about 5 times. I have had both amazing and horrible burgers there. They need to learn how to cook a burger! I ordered a burger medium, it was well done. I alerted the waitress, and she said she would tell the cook. She came back out and said the cook was cleaning the grill when cooking my burger so the grill was too high and it over cooked, that was it. No discount, but a full acknowledgement. I won't go there again. I will happily spend my $$ where they care about their customers and will prepare your food correctly.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, New Jersey
“Friendly staff & great hot wings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A nice neighborhood bar with fun activities scheduled. Great food and they know how to properly poor a Guinness!

Visited November 2013
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Good food but the noise will drive you nuts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place is suffering from a lack of business, too bad as the food is good and the place is clean. When we arrived on a Friday nite, there were about 3 tables having dinner and the bar was full. We noticed that even though the dining area was nearly empty, it was too noisy. Then this loud crooner, Bill Holland kicked in at 8. I guess he thought he was good, as he was screeching at the top of his lungs. At that point on, attempt at communication with my partner was futile. I even mentioned it to our sweet waitress, Iris G, who could not hear what I was saying....duh. The draft beer list was unimaginative, how about some local Victory or Yards IPA's? Too many dark beers. The menu offered a moderate choice of food.
Anyway, we wanted to try their wings and they are AWESOME. Garlic, parmisan and a touch of BBQ. Served dry with the tastiest blue cheese dip I have ever had. It kind of went downhill a bit as I ordered the Dublin burger, carmelized onions on grilled bread, with a side of my favorite, very well done fries. Well, the entrees arrived in the middle of eating the wings, not good, and the kitchen, as most do, ignored my well done fries request. They did send out another plate that was somewhat better. My partner loved her steak sandwich, served with much better kettle chips (well done, too)
The crooner mercifully went on break and a guy, I presume the manager, came out and was adjusting all the tv's to the baseball playoffs. I felt the urge to mention the annoying noise and that we had to get the heck out of there, instead of moving to the bar for another beer, and he just didn't get it. When we left, the dining room was empty at 8:30 and the bar had emptied out. Too bad. They have good food, and are paying a guy to entertain and attract business but the noise was unbearable and drove us out of the place. We won't be back except to maybe get the wings for takeout, they are that good.

Visited October 2013