Not once, not twice but on THREE seperate occasions during our two-night stay, the key card locked us out of our room. When we complained to the front desk after the third go-round at this - after carrying all our stuff back down, trudging back down the long hall, the slow elevator down three floors, along the very long corridor from where the elevator bank is located in this very strangely laid out property to the front desk, they acted like we were nearly invisible and tried to blame my husband and I for the fact that the key card wouldn't work!!! saying that we must have had it in our wallet next to credit cards etc. Oh come on now - we have traveled all over the world, so we're familiar with how key cards work and I assure you we did not "mishandle" the card. Yet, the front desk clerk continued to insist it MUST be our fault. Customer Service 101 would tell them that they should never try to blame a customer for their shortcomings. Especially having to do with the very shoddy equipment in their old crappy property where they didn't even bother to install new carpet to replace the old dirty one when they changed this hotel into Holiday Inn from a Wyndam Garden Inn last year.
This incident occurred after a very long day which began when we were awakened at 4 a.m. by a very loud smoke alarm in our room that continued to sound for more than three minutes and then shut itself off. There was no smoke, there was no fire, just two very sleepy people who already had a wake-up call scheduled for 5:45 a.m. When we reported the problem with the alarm, they acted like `oh well, we'll have engineering check it out when you check out.' Again, no apology was offered.
When we checked out, they wouldn't even print me a receipt (where on earth can't you get a receipt for something) because they said I used "reward points" to pay for my stay. I still paid $60 out of pocket WITH points, but was refused a receipt. Again, they never asked me how my stay was or extended me any sort of courtesy whatsoever. If a magic Holiday Inn Genie were to "reward" me with points to stay here fo free for the rest of my life I would never, ever go back to this dirty hole.
I haven't even mentioned the dirty carpet in the room, the ill-working bathroom fixtures, the ancient TV or paper thin walls. I've stayed in better hotels in third world countries.
Holiday Inn should be ashamed of itself to have this as part of a chain for which they are trying to rebuild their reputation.
This is the fourth time we stayed at this property and it will most certainly be our last.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area Hotel Budd Lake
- Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area Hotel
- Wyndham Mount Olive
- Mount Olive Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway, NJ hotel is conveniently located near Stanhope, Mt. Arlington, Dover and the Mount Olive International Trade Center.The Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway offers 3600 sq ft. of event space, including a beautiful Grand Ballroom. Our divisible meeting space can accommodate Corporate Meetings, Reunions and Weddings. The Holiday Inn Budd Lake - Rockaway's experienced catering team will ensure that your event will be memorable.The Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway is ideally located off Interstate Route 80, US 206 and Route 46, convenient to the Trade Center's Fortune 500 companies. MARS Inc., Givaudan, Siemens, National Kitchen & Bath, Sunoco, Toys R Us, BASF, and Sportcraft. The Holiday Inn Budd Lake -Rockaway also partners with Perona Farms, David's Country Inn, Lake Mohawk Country Club, Adam Todd and Flanders Valley for your out of town guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.