“Not a resort but surely a economy accommodation” 3 of 5 stars

La Sammana Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 West Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
USA
“Not a resort but surely a economy accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Pros
Near to beach approx two blocks
Near ( approx 6 to 8 miles )from Atlantic city
Nice residential surrounding

Cons

Not good room service. They clean room alternate day and also don't clean thoroughly..

Gym is small but I don't mind that

Roof top swimming pool is very tiny... It's like three times larger than jaccuZi tub.. If 5 ppl go inside the pool then it would full and can't swim confertably.. Though the pool was closed and I didn't use but I m sure it would not be a good exp if it was open.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wilton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We spent the last week of April in Brigantine. Having spent a week in Atlantic City in August last year this was a Huge improvement. There is still an open neighborhood type feel to the town and this property, La Sammana, is beautiful. They serve beverages in the am, and there are two toasters, so if you want something toasted that's where you'll find one. The lobby is very elegant. Our room was very nicely laid out with quality amenities. Not a lot of storage space for the food we bought. We cooked ever meal while there and were able to improvise devices to accomplish that. Queen bed, stove top, Microwave, apartment size refrigerator, small dishwasher and kitchen ware. It was only a block to the beach and we walked up to five miles a day when weather permitted. We had the fire department view, but it was quiet all the time. Except the last morning our neighbors' shower somehow set off the fire alarms and we all had to evacuate. Fire department arrival immediate. It was funnier than scary. We had a really comfortable week.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Room was modern and clean...view of the ocean from our terrace on the 5th floor...no complaints at all! We will come back during peak season to take advantage of the beach one block away (pool is very small!) We also fell in love with Brigantine in general (lovely residential town, close to AC and Cape May) and Andre's Italian Restaurant next door to the hotel

Room Tip: Try to get the 5th floor...terrace, view and away from street noise!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Milton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I just spent three nights at this resort with my sister and friends celebrating her birthday. We all had a wonderful time. We had two one bedroom units that were perfect in size. Our only complaint is the poor lighting, especially in the bathroom. The front desk staff was EXTREMELY friendly and accommodating. I wish I knew specific names so that I could acknowledge them. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking to get out of the craziness of AC but yet be close enough to still enjoy it. The beach was only a few blocks away as well so it really is a great location when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sonora, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We thought our room was decorated and organized very nice. However, every time the guests in the room above moved...WE HEARD IT! The building's sound insulation is TERRIBLE! We had no wi-fi in our room. We had to go down to the lobby to connect. Front desk attendant, David, brought his laptop to our room and was unable to connect. He agreed, the wi-fi was bad. We stayed a week and the wi-fi issue was never resolved...The only way we would ever even consider staying here again is with a written guarantee for the VERY TOP floor. I would not recommend this hotel to our fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Top Floor...only!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

la samamana is all that it claims... a beautiful mediterrean style hotel , located on the most beautiful beach in saint martin. everything made for a perfect week, the food was delicious, the breakfast buffet was so tasty and interesting... the pastry chef gifted ... for a large hotel , the propery was so spacious and comfortably planned that one had a feeling of privacy and even intimacy. our room, an ocean front one bedroom suite was beautiful, with immediate access to the beach... also important for me was that every spot on the property was easily accessible by wheelchair when necessary. we will certain return, it would be impossible not to.

Room Tip: beachfont and ocean view rooms are lovely ... ask to see map of property... each room is located on...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

not sure if the staff changed, but extremely disappointed this time around. I would pay a little more and stay in AC! I asked the reservationist if I should spend $10 more for the 1br suite as opposed to the studio and she said, no, the studio is very nice. Well, she failed to mention that all of the studios were located on the street side. The entire 6 hours that I was there for SLEEP, I was woken up by buses,cars, etc....The heater wouldn't stay on, so I was freezing on top of it...when the heat did kick on, it made the drapes move, causing more noise. It was a disaster. the room looked depressed too. When I mentioned my concerns in the am, the office manager just said, "well, you should have come down In the middle of the night to change rooms" I told her that I was too tired to do that, and I was a returning guest. she just shrugged her shoulders and I walked out with extreme disgust. I probably won't ever go back.

Room Tip: pay a few extra dollars more and stay in AC!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Sammana Resort? Share your experiences!