“Cute and delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Brigantine
Cuisines: Seafood
“Cute and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch expecting a cheap, quick meal. Was quite surprised at the prices when we got our menus, but when I saw the other customers' plates coming out, I knew we wouldn't be disappointed. The food was absolutely amazing, and after I stuffed myself with the seafood pasta, I still had half a plate leftover for dinner! Will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We drove along Brigantine Ave. and nearly missed it. Don't! The food is outstanding--the seafood AND the sides. We ate in the small dining room and ordered the Captain's Combo which includes flounder, shrimp, scallops, and a crab cake and also the Crab Cake Platter. The crab cakes are homemade. We ordered them broiled rather than fried. Did I mention how good they were? The shrimp and scallops were large, tender, and quite fresh. Two sides are included with the platter. We ordered the Cole slaw and green beans which were excellent choices. The beans were NOT from a can, and the Cole slaw was shredded cabbage with just a little mayo added. So good! Also, we ordered a side of sweet potato fries; the best I've ever eaten.
The total cost of our meal was about equal to a seafood buffet in a casino on the AC boardwalk. The food at the Crab Shack was so much better; there was no comparison!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cortland, New York
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

The Crab Shack is essentially a local fresh fish market with a small (6 table) dining room attached. From the outside you'd never guess the goodness within. Walking past the small market counter with the fish of the day laid out and through the portal into the dining area was such a pleasant transition. The lighting is low key and the space surprisingly intimate. In one corner was a couple finishing their meal lingering over a bottle of wine they had brought with them. My wife and I sat at a corner table near the window. Service was prompt, helpful and friendly. Although pasta dishes are offered on the menu, and from what I saw looked and smelled really good, it's all about the seafood.

My wife ordered the fried crab cake dinner and I the fried sea scallops. Broiled was also an option. As this was a daily special of 2 dinners for $22 (!) the portions were smaller but still more than adequate. My 8 scallops were fried perfectly, moist, sweet with a light breading. The crab cake was large, tasty and, most important, all crab nicely seasoned. Sides of baked potato/french fries and cole slaw were unexceptional but, for me, it's all about the freshness of the seafood and knowing how to cook it to protect the goodness of the sea. The Crab Shack is spot on! My wife and I will be making a return visit before our week in AC is over.

Brooklyn, New York
“always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

every time i stay at the lla sammana i always stop by here to get seafood. usually take out and sit outside. i enjoy almost anything that they have. would reccommend to anyone who likes seafood. farily priced too. i think it is seasonal because everytime i go there in the winter it is never open. if anyone knows if it is open during the offseason , please let me know. i would like to go on the next ac trip

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Lobster Roll bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

The seafood here is excellent! For the best experience I recommend take out or eating at the picnic tables outside. The small eat-in space on the side can be stuffy in the summer and the service is usually slow (but they are very nice).

The lobster roll is just amazing, but huge. You may want to consider splitting it with.

All the other prepared seafood dishes we've tried were great too - we've eaten here almost exclusively during our 1-week vacations for the past few years. When we did branch out we always wished we hadn't.

• Visited September 2011