“Not a place for families” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach

Save Saved
You added Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach to your Saves list
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1400 Ocean Ave, Brigantine, NJ 08203 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
“Not a place for families”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We recently stayed at the Legacy Resort in Brigantine and I learned a few things during my stay ...1) There is absolutely nothing to do in Brigantine in the rain. Check the weather very carefully before your arrival 2) Don't mistake a pull-out bed for a real one. The pull out bed was the worst place I have slept in my life. I am not a princess - I've spent many a college evening on a futon and this was so much worse. -- and the hotel did not stock the room with linens for the pull-out. I had to call the desk to request them, wait 15 min for them to arrive, and then they didn't bother to bring any comforters -- just the sheets and pillowcases. 3) look for central air -- the room units were extremely loud. The location right on the beach was this hotel's only saving grace.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear LeonardsloveDisney

Thank you for your review. We hope we did not mislead you in anyway. Brigantine is a great family destination in a very laid back way. We are located just 7 minutes away from Atlantic City's boardwalk and all it has to offer. Yes, in our rooms we do offer an alternative sleeping setup for 3 and more people with a pull out couch.

Please feel free to call us with any concern 609-266-2266.

With Warm Regards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with Legacy. I wasn’t sure what to expect from reading the reviews but it was overall a great experience! We checked in a little early but the room was not ready yet, however, they upgraded us to Penthouse B. Although the room was a little hard to find, it was totally worth it when we go into the room. It was like an apartment and the views of the ocean and marina were spectacular. The room was spotless and all the amenities were included. As for the hotel itself, the location was amazing, literally on the beach! The staff was more than accommodating too. The ease to get to AC was great and it was nice to be out of the traffic and congestion that sometimes comes with AC.

The only down side was parking. Since it shares a parking lot with Laguna, parking can be a bit of a nightmare. And at times we were told to park somewhere only to have someone park us in or park someone else in. Even if you are a guest at the hotel, it doesn’t necessarily mean you will get a parking spot. We had to park 5 blocks away at one point.

Overall, I would make Legacy my destination when I return to Atlantic City or Brigantine. We will return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hi Derik B

Thanks so much for the kind words and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait until you come back and see us again. Have a great 4th of July!

Phila PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here recently and what a delightful surprise. Built in 1927, this hotel maintains much of the charm of the period and hasn't been overly modernized. That said, our room was completely adequate, spotlessly clean, and well-appointed. Combine that with a reasonable price, beach front location, and a fun beach bar and restaurant on the premises, and you've got my new favorite spot in Brigantine, NJ.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi bonniePhilaPA

Thanks so much for the compliment and we are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on a future vacation!

Maplewood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Traveling down on the NJ Parkway South to Brigantine, my wife asked me how was the Legacy Vacation Club. This would be our first time staying there. I told her the reviews were mixed. Some people were happy with the choice and others had issues with unit maintenance. Also some people complained about not being able to find a park. My wife is very particular, so I told her to keep a positive attitude and we would make the best of it.

When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted with a friendly smile and check-in was immediate. We were even given an upgrade to a large studio unit on the 8th floor. The room was clean, well equipped, appeared refurbished with white ceiling and sky blue walls. The ocean view was great. We had a full kitchen and a working air conditioner. Bathroom was a little small but adequate. The bed sheets were clean and the bed mattress wasn't as soft as memory foam, but it served the purpose. Couch was dingy looking and rug in some areas were worn. Nonetheless, we settled in and made ourselves comfortable.

We had dinner at the Laguna Bar & Grille attached to the resort. The food was great and the service was excellent. Only problem was it was only open 2 days (Fri. & Sat.) while we were there and did not open again until the following Wednesday, the day after we left. It appears the restaurant was getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend. I asked the front desk about the restaurant hours. I was told it normally is open everyday, but the Laguna Bar & Grille was not affiliated with the resort and she had no further information. Which explains why parking may be a challenge on the weekends for resort guests because the restaurant is also open to the public who park in the resort parking lot. If the Laguna would have been open more during our stay, we would have eaten there frequently. It had a festive bar atmosphere with live music when we were there.

All in all, my wife and I enjoyed our getaway. The resort was quiet and we enjoyed the heated pool. We sat out and walked on the beach most days and also took trips into Atlantic City to visit the casinos. It is an older resort built in 1927, but has a certain unique quality that makes it special. We will be sure to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade to a higher floor if available.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hi ehawk_24

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and we are thrilled you enjoyed you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future at another Legacy resort!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Right on a beautiful white sand and super clean beach.
My kids had a blast, from the room to the beach in 30 seconds with no streets to cross.
This is a time share, not a hotel, if you want full hotel amenities this is not the place for you.

Would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hi gabcen

Thanks so much for the kind words and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Warn Regards
Guest Relations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

It was my first stay at this hotel. Location is great, right on the beachfront. I had booked a large queen studio for my fiancée and I for a three night stay. It was March during the week, so off season prices during the week were very good. The hotel was probably less than half booked per capacity, and upon check in we were pleasantly surprised to find out they had upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. In addition, it was a penthouse suite which had sweeping panoramic views from both of the large windows in the suite. The room was very clean and updated and the king size bed and bedding was extremely comfortable. There was a full kitchen including a dishwasher. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that the indoor pool was closed during our stay for maintenance. But despite that one slight disappointment, we had a wonderful stay. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have wonderful views of ocean and beach!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Hi Micah C

Thanks so much for the kind words and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you come back and visit us again real soon.

Guest Relations
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've been coming to Brigantine since I was a young girl for family vacations and when we take a weekend in Atlantic City we always stay in Brigantine to get away from the hustle and bustle. Our usual hotel choice was booked for the night we wanted so we decided to give this a try. At first glance it seems like a lovely older hotel and even upon entering the room it seems fine, which it is, for the most part. There was a suspicious hair on the top of the sheets when we arrived, but after a thorough inspection we were able to just brush it off and be confident that the rest of the bed was clean. There were no batteries in the carbon monoxide detector, which we informed the desk of when we checked out. We did not use the kitchen area, but there were dish towels, etc. left on the counter and even though the pot holder was made of terry cloth, it was apparent that it hadn't been washed as there was food crud stuck to it. The heat/ac units are very noisy and woke us up every time they started up during the night. I was not happy to discover another gross hair in the shower the next morning. Also, it was a two night minimum, so even though we only needed one night, we booked for the second night so that we didn't have to check out at 10:00 am. With check in at 4:00 pm and check out at 10:00 am there's barely enough time to sleep and shower. If you're in town to spend a night in AC, checking out at 10:00 am is a bit rough. Also, if you intend to make it out in time for 10:00 I recommend bringing your own hair dryer. The one that's in the room had very little power. I hate to make this review sound like it's all negative, the people who worked at the front desk were very friendly and polite and there was nothing that would make us say that you shouldn't stay here, but it's the little things that make me say that we won't be leaving our usual hotel to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hi mythreesuns

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred. Please feel free to contact us at 609-266-2266 at your earliest convenience to discuss your stay. We would personally like to hear from you.

Legacy Vacation Club

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach? Share your experiences!