“Other reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Gull

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brigantine
The Sea Gull
You added The Sea Gull to your Saves list
200 E. Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
Dushore PA
“Other reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I read all the bad reviews. Even with Sallys failing health, she always tried to accomodate us as good as she could. When the seagull motel closes there will be no other motels in Brigantine due to the greed and high taxes in NJ. The locals have to work two jobs to live there. For all of you that wrote the bad reviews, remember nobodys health stays good forever and at least she tried to keep a affordable place where people can stay in Brigantine. Next time spend 300 a night in Atlantic City. I been going down there for maney years and have nothing bad to say.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have been staying here for years. Love being right on the beach. This is not a luxurious place to stay but very clean and the staff is very attentive. Kudos to Sally for that. Most everything is Condos on Brigantine so I hope this gem retains some rooms for us regulars. And what a great view from all rooms.

Room Tip: Top floor to right of staircase. Fantastic showers
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cranford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've been to the Sea Gull several times. My wife and I loved it every time. It isn't always as well kept as you might expect, but the location is absolutly perfect, the owner is one of the nicest ladies in the world, and it always works out.
The rooms face the ocean, but Brigatine is a very flat beach with dunes, and this hotel is the only place I ever stayed where you feel like your on the beach, when your in the room. I sometimes go swimming in the ocean, and from the water wave to my wife, who is in the room because she doesn't like much sun. You don't need beach chairs and unmbrellas when you stay at this hotel. I do though recommend the 2nd floor if you want the beach in your living room.
We keep the windows and balcony door open and catch the ocean breeze. I love hearing the surf all night long.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I traveled to the Seagull in July and had a great time! Sally let me work behind the desk! I would buy the place if it was cheaper. The owner sally just wants to get out of there and i dont really understand why. I hope you chose the Seagull!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ocean City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to look at a few of the rooms with a friend and was pleasantly surprised. We were looking for a place for her and found that the room were well furnished, very nice of the beach, and there were TVs in both rooms! Also, nice to see a room at the shore with working microwaves!

I was not expecting much but for its locations and cost, its a great value! Im still surprised more people haven't found this place, but expect some of the "negative reviews" have steered potential people away.

As someone who has been around real estate for years, this is a good value at the Jersey Shore and is a good deal for those who want to be near the beach and not stuck in the busy city life.

Room Tip: If you do not like the stairs or heights, stick with the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place has a great location, but for the money, it isn't well kept. The phone didn't work when we were there. It was dusty, old and it appeared that several people who work in the casinos work there as there were people coming and going at all hours. If you have children, this could be a problem. La Samanna costs the same, is nicer, has a pool, gym free coffee, great service, is close to the stores like Rita's and restaurants.

Room Tip: The beach is close but rooms are old and dusty.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Brigantine hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I had a flashback of my experience stepping into this horrid place for a short time years ago and had to check out if it still existed. A co-worker and I were attending another co-workers wedding on Brigantine Beach and without doing much research into it made a reservation at The Seagull because it was close to where we were celebrating. It was the most DISGUSTING and DIRTY place I have ever stepped foot in! As soon as we pulled up we knew something didn't feel right and then when we walked in the office I was actually terrified! We were short on time but waited a long time behing one group of people to check in. It was all very odd and the people working there were SCARY. We checked in, went up to our filthy cell (that's what it felt like) and as soon as we closed the door and looked around we quickly decided we didn't want to stay there. We were afraid to even leave our stuff there. I felt like they'd go through it as soon as we left. I can't emphasize enough that it was so dirty!! Any way we made the smart decision to go back to the office and tell them that this was not what we expected and we wanted our money back. We tried to be as nice as possible because we really were scared if these people. Sally was initially annoyed but did return our money and we bolted out of there and got a room in A.C. after the reception. Scary stuff people. I'm warning you, this place is a nightmare!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Sea Gull? Share your experiences!