“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Gull

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brigantine
The Sea Gull
You added The Sea Gull to your Saves list
200 E. Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
Cranford, New Jersey
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've been to the Sea Gull several times. My wife and I loved it every time. It isn't always as well kept as you might expect, but the location is absolutly perfect, the owner is one of the nicest ladies in the world, and it always works out.
The rooms face the ocean, but Brigatine is a very flat beach with dunes, and this hotel is the only place I ever stayed where you feel like your on the beach, when your in the room. I sometimes go swimming in the ocean, and from the water wave to my wife, who is in the room because she doesn't like much sun. You don't need beach chairs and unmbrellas when you stay at this hotel. I do though recommend the 2nd floor if you want the beach in your living room.
We keep the windows and balcony door open and catch the ocean breeze. I love hearing the surf all night long.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I traveled to the Seagull in July and had a great time! Sally let me work behind the desk! I would buy the place if it was cheaper. The owner sally just wants to get out of there and i dont really understand why. I hope you chose the Seagull!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ocean City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to look at a few of the rooms with a friend and was pleasantly surprised. We were looking for a place for her and found that the room were well furnished, very nice of the beach, and there were TVs in both rooms! Also, nice to see a room at the shore with working microwaves!

I was not expecting much but for its locations and cost, its a great value! Im still surprised more people haven't found this place, but expect some of the "negative reviews" have steered potential people away.

As someone who has been around real estate for years, this is a good value at the Jersey Shore and is a good deal for those who want to be near the beach and not stuck in the busy city life.

Room Tip: If you do not like the stairs or heights, stick with the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place has a great location, but for the money, it isn't well kept. The phone didn't work when we were there. It was dusty, old and it appeared that several people who work in the casinos work there as there were people coming and going at all hours. If you have children, this could be a problem. La Samanna costs the same, is nicer, has a pool, gym free coffee, great service, is close to the stores like Rita's and restaurants.

Room Tip: The beach is close but rooms are old and dusty.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I had a flashback of my experience stepping into this horrid place for a short time years ago and had to check out if it still existed. A co-worker and I were attending another co-workers wedding on Brigantine Beach and without doing much research into it made a reservation at The Seagull because it was close to where we were celebrating. It was the most DISGUSTING and DIRTY place I have ever stepped foot in! As soon as we pulled up we knew something didn't feel right and then when we walked in the office I was actually terrified! We were short on time but waited a long time behing one group of people to check in. It was all very odd and the people working there were SCARY. We checked in, went up to our filthy cell (that's what it felt like) and as soon as we closed the door and looked around we quickly decided we didn't want to stay there. We were afraid to even leave our stuff there. I felt like they'd go through it as soon as we left. I can't emphasize enough that it was so dirty!! Any way we made the smart decision to go back to the office and tell them that this was not what we expected and we wanted our money back. We tried to be as nice as possible because we really were scared if these people. Sally was initially annoyed but did return our money and we bolted out of there and got a room in A.C. after the reception. Scary stuff people. I'm warning you, this place is a nightmare!

• Stayed September 2012
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Now looking at other people's reviews of the Sea Gull, I see more people like it. I don't know if i'm reading reviews from a while ago, but, even if I am, it goes to show you how people like the seagull. In past reviews of mine i'v said how much I like it, and that will never change! I recommend
this motel to you if you want a hotel with great views and right on the beach. With the title of my review being happy, i'm saying i'm happy with the seagull and more people like it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My fiancé and I moved in there from September 2011 til December 2011 under the false advertisement that it was being turned into a yearly rental property. The owner (sally) had the nerve to charge us $1200 a month which was supose to include all utilities, cable, and wifi. The only thing that worked in the room was the electric. Once the weather got cold we where handed a space heater as our form of heat. Can I say fire hazard!!!! I was told I could bring my own furniture but it was a hassle to get her dirty old moldy furniture out of there. She told my fiancé to just line it up in the hall way. Which is another fire hazard because it sat in hallway for a few weeks. When any issues where brought to her attention she would curse and through a crazy tantrum. Our cable was never fixed, she would randomly turn off the hot water, she and other tenants would feed the dirty stray beach cats that lived under the building (approximately 10 cats). Which explains the horrible cat urine smell that is everywhere. We also had large amounts of black and white mold in the room. We actually filed a complaint with the police, fire, and city. I have never experienced such a dirty place in my life. This place should be condemned ASAP before someone gets hurt or sick!!!!

• Stayed December 2011

Been to The Sea Gull? Share your experiences!