“Yikes.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Gull

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brigantine
The Sea Gull
You added The Sea Gull to your Saves list
200 E. Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
Canada
“Yikes.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place has a great location, but for the money, it isn't well kept. The phone didn't work when we were there. It was dusty, old and it appeared that several people who work in the casinos work there as there were people coming and going at all hours. If you have children, this could be a problem. La Samanna costs the same, is nicer, has a pool, gym free coffee, great service, is close to the stores like Rita's and restaurants.

Room Tip: The beach is close but rooms are old and dusty.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I had a flashback of my experience stepping into this horrid place for a short time years ago and had to check out if it still existed. A co-worker and I were attending another co-workers wedding on Brigantine Beach and without doing much research into it made a reservation at The Seagull because it was close to where we were celebrating. It was the most DISGUSTING and DIRTY place I have ever stepped foot in! As soon as we pulled up we knew something didn't feel right and then when we walked in the office I was actually terrified! We were short on time but waited a long time behing one group of people to check in. It was all very odd and the people working there were SCARY. We checked in, went up to our filthy cell (that's what it felt like) and as soon as we closed the door and looked around we quickly decided we didn't want to stay there. We were afraid to even leave our stuff there. I felt like they'd go through it as soon as we left. I can't emphasize enough that it was so dirty!! Any way we made the smart decision to go back to the office and tell them that this was not what we expected and we wanted our money back. We tried to be as nice as possible because we really were scared if these people. Sally was initially annoyed but did return our money and we bolted out of there and got a room in A.C. after the reception. Scary stuff people. I'm warning you, this place is a nightmare!

• Stayed September 2012
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Now looking at other people's reviews of the Sea Gull, I see more people like it. I don't know if i'm reading reviews from a while ago, but, even if I am, it goes to show you how people like the seagull. In past reviews of mine i'v said how much I like it, and that will never change! I recommend
this motel to you if you want a hotel with great views and right on the beach. With the title of my review being happy, i'm saying i'm happy with the seagull and more people like it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My fiancé and I moved in there from September 2011 til December 2011 under the false advertisement that it was being turned into a yearly rental property. The owner (sally) had the nerve to charge us $1200 a month which was supose to include all utilities, cable, and wifi. The only thing that worked in the room was the electric. Once the weather got cold we where handed a space heater as our form of heat. Can I say fire hazard!!!! I was told I could bring my own furniture but it was a hassle to get her dirty old moldy furniture out of there. She told my fiancé to just line it up in the hall way. Which is another fire hazard because it sat in hallway for a few weeks. When any issues where brought to her attention she would curse and through a crazy tantrum. Our cable was never fixed, she would randomly turn off the hot water, she and other tenants would feed the dirty stray beach cats that lived under the building (approximately 10 cats). Which explains the horrible cat urine smell that is everywhere. We also had large amounts of black and white mold in the room. We actually filed a complaint with the police, fire, and city. I have never experienced such a dirty place in my life. This place should be condemned ASAP before someone gets hurt or sick!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

It's a rusted out sh%# box it's horrible all the other review are true I cried myself to sleep bc no AC the sheets have blood stains on them it's totally disgusting.Greese on stove we were told free breakfast that never happens uuhhh worst worst vacation ever I just want to go home and all room at other places are booked so I'm stuck here

• Stayed August 2012
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As I'v heard, the seagull was a nice place... but now most people dislike the motel. But I love the motel! I still go there every year!!! I just wish it could be nice again... I hope everyone respects my opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have the BEST veiw.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day. There is a musty odor as soon as you walk into the motel office. It doesn't get better. There was no a.c. and the ceiling fans did not work. The kitchen has no equipment except for 3 mugs and a couple of utensils. No pots and pans. There was a greasy stove with no handle. The rug and sofa were dirty. Except for the fact that it is on the beach and nothing else was available, we would have left. Actually, I wish we had. They didn't deserve to charge what they did and should close down.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Sea Gull? Share your experiences!