“Happy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Gull

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brigantine
The Sea Gull
You added The Sea Gull to your Saves list
200 E. Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
Delaware
“Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Now looking at other people's reviews of the Sea Gull, I see more people like it. I don't know if i'm reading reviews from a while ago, but, even if I am, it goes to show you how people like the seagull. In past reviews of mine i'v said how much I like it, and that will never change! I recommend
this motel to you if you want a hotel with great views and right on the beach. With the title of my review being happy, i'm saying i'm happy with the seagull and more people like it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My fiancé and I moved in there from September 2011 til December 2011 under the false advertisement that it was being turned into a yearly rental property. The owner (sally) had the nerve to charge us $1200 a month which was supose to include all utilities, cable, and wifi. The only thing that worked in the room was the electric. Once the weather got cold we where handed a space heater as our form of heat. Can I say fire hazard!!!! I was told I could bring my own furniture but it was a hassle to get her dirty old moldy furniture out of there. She told my fiancé to just line it up in the hall way. Which is another fire hazard because it sat in hallway for a few weeks. When any issues where brought to her attention she would curse and through a crazy tantrum. Our cable was never fixed, she would randomly turn off the hot water, she and other tenants would feed the dirty stray beach cats that lived under the building (approximately 10 cats). Which explains the horrible cat urine smell that is everywhere. We also had large amounts of black and white mold in the room. We actually filed a complaint with the police, fire, and city. I have never experienced such a dirty place in my life. This place should be condemned ASAP before someone gets hurt or sick!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

It's a rusted out sh%# box it's horrible all the other review are true I cried myself to sleep bc no AC the sheets have blood stains on them it's totally disgusting.Greese on stove we were told free breakfast that never happens uuhhh worst worst vacation ever I just want to go home and all room at other places are booked so I'm stuck here

• Stayed August 2012
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As I'v heard, the seagull was a nice place... but now most people dislike the motel. But I love the motel! I still go there every year!!! I just wish it could be nice again... I hope everyone respects my opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have the BEST veiw.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day. There is a musty odor as soon as you walk into the motel office. It doesn't get better. There was no a.c. and the ceiling fans did not work. The kitchen has no equipment except for 3 mugs and a couple of utensils. No pots and pans. There was a greasy stove with no handle. The rug and sofa were dirty. Except for the fact that it is on the beach and nothing else was available, we would have left. Actually, I wish we had. They didn't deserve to charge what they did and should close down.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

It's not the Waldorf Astoria but at least it's got an ocean view

• Stayed July 2012
Marlton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you want a pleasurable stay in a relaxing, comfortable, friendly hotel............then avoid this place like the plague. This lady should be charged criminally for making people pay $200 a night in rooms hardly suited for prisoners. It was a last minute thing so we had little choice to stay here. We looked at 2 rooms. The first one, I wouldn't let an animal stay in. The 2nd one was bearable, but hardly. The AC worked poorly if at all and it was a night of sweating in discomfort. The beds and couch were nasty. Counters made of plywood and old cinder-blocks.

Oh, did I mention there is a family(or families) of cats living underneath and in the back. Saw at least 4 adult cats and 4 or 5 kittens. Walking in the front and hallways you are bombarded and gagged by the smell of cat urine. Quite lovely. There are people that actually live here, which is scary. If you are thinking of staying here quickly go to the nearest hardware store to purchase a hammer to knock some sense into you. To say this place is atrocious would be an understatement. Yeah, it's right on the beach but the rooms and actual hotel look like they haven't been cleaned properly since the 70s. Do not give them money. They should be ashamed.

Room Tip: do not stay here unless you are a hobo or just murdered someone.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Sea Gull? Share your experiences!