“The Seagull” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Gull

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brigantine
The Sea Gull
Save Saved
You added The Sea Gull to your Saves list
200 E. Brigantine Ave., Brigantine, NJ 08203   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brigantine
Delaware
“The Seagull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As I'v heard, the seagull was a nice place... but now most people dislike the motel. But I love the motel! I still go there every year!!! I just wish it could be nice again... I hope everyone respects my opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have the BEST veiw.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day. There is a musty odor as soon as you walk into the motel office. It doesn't get better. There was no a.c. and the ceiling fans did not work. The kitchen has no equipment except for 3 mugs and a couple of utensils. No pots and pans. There was a greasy stove with no handle. The rug and sofa were dirty. Except for the fact that it is on the beach and nothing else was available, we would have left. Actually, I wish we had. They didn't deserve to charge what they did and should close down.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

It's not the Waldorf Astoria but at least it's got an ocean view

• Stayed July 2012
Marlton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you want a pleasurable stay in a relaxing, comfortable, friendly hotel............then avoid this place like the plague. This lady should be charged criminally for making people pay $200 a night in rooms hardly suited for prisoners. It was a last minute thing so we had little choice to stay here. We looked at 2 rooms. The first one, I wouldn't let an animal stay in. The 2nd one was bearable, but hardly. The AC worked poorly if at all and it was a night of sweating in discomfort. The beds and couch were nasty. Counters made of plywood and old cinder-blocks.

Oh, did I mention there is a family(or families) of cats living underneath and in the back. Saw at least 4 adult cats and 4 or 5 kittens. Walking in the front and hallways you are bombarded and gagged by the smell of cat urine. Quite lovely. There are people that actually live here, which is scary. If you are thinking of staying here quickly go to the nearest hardware store to purchase a hammer to knock some sense into you. To say this place is atrocious would be an understatement. Yeah, it's right on the beach but the rooms and actual hotel look like they haven't been cleaned properly since the 70s. Do not give them money. They should be ashamed.

Room Tip: do not stay here unless you are a hobo or just murdered someone.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

After waiting 1 1/2 hours after check in time and were being told our room was still not ready, they showed us 2 other suites that I wouldn't let an animal stay in.....just a creepy place and people!
Almost ruined our Memorial weekend. Had to spend another hour to find a place to stay for 2 nights. Luckily the La Samana had a suite available and was a palace after what we had just seen. I still wonder how the board of health lets this place stay open......

Room Tip: La Samana in Brigantine is lovely with lots of perks
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
sarasota, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I just came on TA to look at Brigantine accommodations for a trip to visit family and came across the Sea Gull. I had to post. My husband, infant daughter and I stayed there about 3 years ago. All of the horrid reviews you have read are absolutely true. People are not exaggerating about the stench, dirt, disrepair and the place looking creepy. The rooms have cinderblock walls, the furniture is 1955 patio, the hallways are dark---I could go on. But just pass over this place. We checked in about 9:30 pm and at 10:30, I went down to LaSamanna to get a room. We really are perplexed that anyone could write a good review. We are also wondering how the Board of Health hasn't condemned this place yet. Stay away.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Brigantine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

You can feel the warmth and vintage charm upon entering The Sea Gull. It seems to have an old Spanish Style to the architecture. The beds are extremely comfy, the showers are hot, and the rooms are cozy. Sally the owner is warm and welcoming, and very very helpful. The gorgeous ocean views from the balcony are breathtaking! The prices are the Best in town!!

Room Tip: www.the-sea-gull.com, and theseagull@facebook.com
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Sea Gull? Share your experiences!