“Decent, Clean Room, but Very Loud!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area

You added Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area to your Saves list
Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 US Highway 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ 08807-2911   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Decent, Clean Room, but Very Loud!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I had to be in the Raritan area for a little over a week. After one night in a terrible motel just outside Raritan, we moved to Bridgewater and got a room at Days Inn. We've both been very happy with how clean this Days Inn is. If you're expecting something spotless, you'll probably be disappointed. I mean, it is a motel and people come and go all the time. If you just want a decent, reasonably clean room with comfy beds, 4 pillows on each bed, and decorations and amenities in the room that appear relatively new, you might like this Days Inn. I am a stickler for a clean bathroom, and this one makes me very happy. Not one single hint of mildew in the shower / bathtub, and that's saying a lot considering that the shower walls are tiled.

**HOWEVER**

This has to be the -loudest- motel I have ever tried to sleep and work in! Holy cow! We have a room on the second floor that overlooks the swimming pool. From before it's time for my hubby and me to wake until well after the time when we'd rather as asleep, the screaming absolutely does not stop, period. We both have to work; we're not here for play. We've started going to my husband's warehouse to work because we can't even hear ourselves think in this place.

I love kids. But I don't love kids behaving as though no one has ever spent even a minute teaching them that it's rude to scream, bang on the doors of strangers and litter the halls with trash. I feel terrible for the housekeeping staff. They do a beautiful job with our room and with maintaining the hallways, but every morning they also have to pick up candy wrappers and soda cans from one end of the hallway to the other. There's no sense in that. This doesn't really seem to be an isolated incident with one or two rude, inconsiderate families staying here. People have come and gone during our stay, and the screaming and littering just doesn't stop.

I've witnessed kids routinely locked out of their rooms and left to cry in the hallways, and the parents are as bad as the kids with all the screaming and yelling.

Because of the location of our room, we also have the constant screaming from the pool echoing through our room night and day, and it's not just the kids. The adults with them are screaming, too. I suppose you can't expect kids to know how to behave when their parents don't know how to behave, either.

Please know that I don't think loud voices and kids playing equal screaming. I raised two boys, and I know that kids get rowdy, especially at a swimming pool. There's a difference between playing and being a little rowdy and screaming for the sake of it all day long.

Because lousy, inconsiderate guests have been the general state of this particular motel since we arrived, I don't know whether it's the location or just that it's summertime. I don't think it's only one or two families causing all the grief, because people have come and gone. I talked with the management about the noise, and the lady at the desk was very nice. But unless I call the desk constantly, there's really nothing to be done. It's not like they can hear it from the lobby.

Overall, I would say that this motel is worth the cost, since it's relatively inexpensive. If you have a high tolerance for noise, the rowdiness might not bother you. Rooms that are away from the pool area might not be as bad, and I imagine that when it's not swimming season, it won't be as loud, either.

There is a continental breakfast downstairs. It's ok. Typical muffins, bagels, coffee, cereal, milk and juice. Unfortunately, the coffee is always gone when I get there, and they don't make more.

There is a very small bar downstairs, but it hasn't been open all week. Someone told my husband that the bar tender is on vacation, which we thought was weird. I would have expected that they'd staff the bar with another bartender, but that's just me.

As for getting around in Bridgewater… well, if you're not from this area, best of luck to you. Thank God for GPS. There is simply no way to "get there from here" without making it a huge event, and I don't think there is such a thing as a left turn within a 10-mile radius. There is nothing within walking distance, and no sidewalks even if there were stores nearby, so you'll need to stock up on the things you'll want while you're out. The gas station just past the car dealership doesn't even sell soda. You'll need to enter the road in front of the motel, exit off that road onto another, find turn-around to get back on the road in the opposite direction, exit back off THAT road going the opposite direction, and then go back again just to get to a location that is 1/4 mile away from the motel as the crow flies.

If you go into Raritan proper, which is several miles away, there are a host of very good pizza joints and other restaurants. Raritan is a cute little town. Very quaint. Once you find a place to park, you can walk to loads of little shops. I noticed several vehicles parked with their windows down, so that says a lot about the safety of the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are very loud in the summertime.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Elgin, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

i actually ended up staying here 2 nighs in a row in 2 different room. i was supposed to leave area but work kept me another day. my first room was had a king bed, was very clean, was slightly dated but the tv was a flat screen, the second night i was in a double, did not have a flat screen. both rooms had microwaves and fridge. price was very reasonable for the area. there is a houlihans within walking disance along with a diner. u get 10% off bill at houlihans with room key. there is also a sports bar in the hotel, but they have very select hours. they are not open in weekends :(( there are also tons of other fast food in area if that is more your style. i gave an average room rating due to dating and nothing else =..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hate to give a place a low rating but our room really smelled bad and there were a lot of cigarette burns in the comforters. Other than that the cost was incredibly low, everyone was friendly, and it was in a convenient location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Midland Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The lobby smelled like a combination of mold food and dirt and the room didn't smell much better untill the a/c was on for an hour. My sons socks looked like he was running in dirt after 20 minutes in the room with his shoes off. The carpet looked so bad I put the comfortors on the floor to walk on which revealed a two foot wide stain on one of the comfortors. We were down for a baseball tornament with other families one actually found a pair of shoes that were covered in dust under one of the beds. This facility should fire their cleaning staff, that is if they actually have one. I would rather pay $60.00 not to stay there than to ever stay again.

Room Tip: Find a different place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This Days Inn was very basic and outdated, but it was for the most part clean and comfortable. There was a good size mini-fridge and microwave in the double sized room we booked. The a/c worked fine. The continental breakfast was filling and offered at a time convenient for both business and leisure travelers (6am-10am). Breakfast included boiled eggs, plain bagels, (frozen?) french toast, fruit(some), yogurt, cereal, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, milk, hot chocolate and tea. The free wi-fi was a little choppy. It worked fine the first day in the room. The second day it was in and out. It worked fine the second day when we used the laptop in the breakfast area. There is a lot of room for cosmetic improvement at this location. We plan to stay again when in the area as it met our needs at a very reasonable price point.

Room Tip: For longer stays perhaps you can request a room closer to the lobby, as the walk from our room (191...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelGMBridgewater, General Manager at Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We appreciate your comments. Currently, I am addressing these cosmetic improvements at this location. Thank you for chosing Days Inn of Bridgewater and we hope to see you again! Have a sunsational day :)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I recently planned and held two weekend retreats at the Days Inn Bridgewater. The staff was very helpful during the planning and execution of the weekends. The General Manager went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed. We utilized their meeting rooms and guest rooms, both of which met and exceeded our expectations. I’ve read reviews about the facility being outdated, to be fair I’ve stayed at pricier hotels that were far more outdated. Due to its central location, friendliness of staff, value for your money and the benefit of having several meeting rooms our group will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Was it the worlds best Days Inn? No, far from it. Its outdated, not in Days Inn regulation, and wasn't that clean. My room was missing an iron, the dresser drawer were warped, and the shower head was outdated. However, it was comfortable and the shower was clean. I think the price is too much for this outdated hotel, and they really need to rethink the rates. If they want to charge $60+ a night, they at least need to have the flat screen t.v.'s, clean comforters without holes (mine looked like swiss cheese), proper shower heads, and clean carpets. I would stay again if I HAD to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front desk entrance. The other rooms are just too confusing to try to g...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area? Share your experiences!