“Chef Josh is your friend” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 81 restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
NJ
“Chef Josh is your friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hooking up with Chef Josh is the only way to fly at this place. He is a consummate professional at the mercy of the most unprofessional wait staff in culinary history. First they do not understand their menu or their 'cuisine'. I did have exceptional service last week from a new waiter who was very experience and referenced his Greek resume' which was evident in his ability to sell the menu to me and then customize a wonderful dish I normally would avoid. It was a shrimp fra diavolo and my history with this location makes me stick to the dishes that will survive every possible mistake in the book. Shrimp fra diavolo is not such a dish but I trusted this waiter for the very first time in all my years of going to this location and it was fantastic! Shrimp was not murdered and rubbery but perfect. The fra diavolo was rich decadent and spiced gently but potently. I enjoyed this immensely. The problem dish here which can go either way depending on the server are the incredible buttermilk oysters on the chipotel slaw....you really cant be blase' or take this order for granted. It is entirely possible that at these prices they will not hesitate to serve you cremated little balls of rubber instead of the sublime flash fried packets of oceanic splendor. It can go either way. Yes I have photographic evidence. I sometimes dont want to work so hard ordering a meal and I just take the easy way out and order things that cant be destroyed between my table and the kitchen but in a fish house that is not that easy. I have ordered the surf and turf special with the fried shrimp and filet mignon and some cherry chocolate flan thing. It was superb! a revelation to know the beef is also top quality there. What I dont like about this place is the mall location. I cant stand the garbage all over the rugs and the strollers everywhere and the general hub-bub but I do shop there a lot and its hard to resist those oysters in favor of the food court or something mundane. You can email Chef Josh at the website and tell him you are coming in. He will call you on the phone and talk about menu options with you. You can tell the chef how you like your meal and you will get it exactly that way. I like large female lobsters and they never have more than one at a time...most places dont without a reservation....I just pop off an email to Chef Josh and my lobsters are properly undercooked NOT "split and cleaned'....an abomination if ever there was one....so this is my idea of a high maintenance venue with a big payoff if you want to work at your dinner. I do it often :)

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

38% Recommend
Nazareth, Belgium
“You're coming back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We got here on our first night because it was in the mall across from our hotel.
Atmosphere is great, nice boots and friendly waiters.
Service was great and food was to American standards: good and way too much!!
Waiter dubbel checked if everything was fine: that's how I like it.

wisconsin
“Excellent Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent food!. Our plane arrived at Newark late, so had to call and change our reservation. No problem, they were very helpful.

new jersey
“Not for Non-Fish Eaters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went on a Saturday night without reservations and had no problem getting a table tight away. The service was good. The other persons in our party were fish eaters and thoroughly enjoyed their meals. For those non-fish eaters, like myself, it was below average. I love hamburgers and had checked the on-line menu before going to the restaurant. I was looking forward to the American Kobe Burger and came away very disappointed. My burger had little flavor. It was probably the 2nd worse restaurant burger I've ever eaten. So if you're a fish eater, stick to the fish and you'll be just fine. If you're not a fish eater, choose another restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Maryland Crab Soup and Cod was fantastic! My sister has food allergies and the waitress was soooo helpful and pleasant. The resturant is located in the mall so we got to shop afterwards it was a great experience.