“Huge TV in the room was a major plus” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Huge TV in the room was a major plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and stayed here. Everything was so clean, from the room to the pool to the exercise room. Great location. It only took us about 30 minutes to get to the holland tunnel to go into NY. The food was awesome. At the breakfast buffet they have a juicer with the fruit and vegatables already set-up ready to go (High quality juicer was a plus). So for those practing a clean diet they accomodate us as well. Even though I could not resist the french toast. Oh well, I am back on track now. I would stay here again. The concierge named Sandy was very nice and helpful. I will be writing Marriott as well to commend him. He went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had all of our questions answered and he offered great advice. The bed was veryyyyy comfy also.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Potsdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

At least from a European perspective, this is a strange Marriott (at least if you take it as an upmarket product which I guess it is meant in comparison to its Courtyard brand). Directly at a major highway and only surrounded by parking lots you probably would not get the idea of staying here if don"t have (i.e. if you do not have to do business near-by). Rooms are average, breakfast and bar OK but nothing special (all the more considering the price of USD 200 ++). At least the night staff seems to be untrained (upon quick check-out my room card was blocked, which seemed to be a major problem to be solved). On the upside: the pool is reasonably sized, even allowing a swim (however, the outside are is directly at the highway).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Guest rooms and public areas tastefully decorated and very clean. Good equipment in the gym, so no excuse not to fit in a workout!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I was on a business trip for one night. All it took for me to want to stay a lot longer was seeing the (about) 46" wide screen TV in the room when I walked in!

I wasn't disappointed in expecting the usual VERY comfortable bed and the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy soap and shampoo in the bathroom (OK- I admit it. I do like enough to have asked my wife to get me some for our house). The shower pressure was pretty good. The towels were NOT very plush and in fact, pretty scratchy.

The rest of the room was pretty standard fare..a few ugly pictures on the wall, a desk with a comfortable chair in which to sit while working. It seems ridiculous, but the clock radio was a simple and easy to use one with a jack to plug in an MP3 player. I have been in some hotels where you needed to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to set the alarm (guess I'm just getting old).

What annoys me about these expensive hotels is that they charge for Internet and they charge high. This hotel gives you option of wired or wireless. Wired cost $9.95/day and the wireless cost $12.95/day.

If you want to exercise there's plenty of equipment here to use. Also there's a pool, but keep in mind that they have a buddy system in effect. NO swimming alone and a minimum of 2 adult guests have to be in the pool area. I'm not sure if this enforced or not. If the manager is not on the hotel premises the pool area is supposed to be closed.

If you're staying for business, the business center offers complimentary B&W copies (up to 20), and up to 20 copies machine collated and stapled. There's costs per side after that. They have computers for you to use, but you have to win a lottery to afford it (or expense it on your expense report). They give you 5 free minutes but then it's 50 cents per MINUTE after that.

I never tried the restaurant so I can't comment on it. There is a Maggiano's restaurant across the street and a Chipolte. Other restaurants and diners can be found close by just by adventuring out.

Check-in was a breeze and checking out was done via the TV in the room.

Oh, keep in mind that Marriotts are all NON-SMOKING. Marriott says they will charge a guest $250 if there is smoking in the room, but I wonder if that's ever been enforced.

All-in-all, I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I attempted this week to book a meeting for 15-20 corporate public relations professionals at this hotel. As I have with other hotels nationwide for the past 10 years, I sent an e-mail with my specific meeting details and a short list of questions I needed answers to in order to determine if their space was a good match.

Three business days later -- no response whatsoever. Took two calls to the sales department just to get the name of someone to send my e-mail to.

I've done workshops in top hotels all over the country for the past 15 years, and this is the worst service I have ever received.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed at Marriott Bridgewater, NJ in late June when in town for two Super-20 League soccer games nearby. We stayed just one night. We are long-time Marriott Rewards members and seek out Marriott hotels when possible because we tend to have such good experiences with Marriott. This hotel was no exception. Marriot Bridgewater turned out to be a much larger hotel than we expected but also a much nicer one than we expected for the price! This may have been the best place we have stayed for such an excellent price.
The room was nice and clean, the onsite restaurant was very good, room service was quick and convenient. We would stay here again if ever in the area again. Just across the street are a series of shops and restaurants that are convenient and nice as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

What a sensational place to stay. The room size was perfect, the service was first class, the restaurant and food were excellent. The staff working there were friendly and attentive. Oh, and I loved the dipping sauce. Couldn't help but buy a jar to bring home. Yum. Anyway, I enjoyed my two nights there. I can't think of anything to fault it - it was perfect in so many ways. No wait, I'm thinking no free wi-fi in the rooms. Oh and I'm pretty sure the guest book in the room says free incoming and outgoing faxes. But when I sent a fax from the business center, it charged $4 to my credit card. A slight-letdown. But that said, I thought this was a first class place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!