“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
Lake Placid, New York
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Bridgewater Marriott makes a Very Good first impression. The lobby is inviting with plenty of sofa and chair seating. The rooms were very nice, clean and have large, flat screen TV's. Comfortable beds and "Green" products - there was even a flyer encouraging reuse of bathroom towels, with no obligation.
I was surprised there is not a hot tub and the pool water was almost too cold to swim in. There is a very nice fitness room and individual, private work space if traveling on business. The hotel has a number of large ballrooms, perfect for hosting large conferences, along with a restaurant and full, late night bar for guests.
The staff was always very helpful and friendly - even went out of their way to secure a luggage cart for me during a chaotic Sunday checkout rush. Great stay and recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and writing this review! I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you seemed to get the most out of all of our hotel’s offerings. Our staff will be thrilled to hear that you found them so helpful and friendly amidst a fast-paced Sunday morning. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay and hope to make it even better than the last!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hi,
A few points to note about this hotel:

1. Located near to Bridgewater commons mall, so you have some choices of food and shopping
2. Big parking space but seems to get full often
3. There is a shuttle service to major corporate offices and Don, the driver, is really pleasant
4. Reception is extremely worst. I arrived with two suitcases and no one bothers to open the door, let alone help with the suitcases. So, i pull one in, then go back outside to bring the other one in. Same thing when I had to go to my room. I had to take up one by one. And I was staying for 2 weeks, mind you. Even though there is bell man trolley, i was told it was not available for use.
5. Room service very limited.
6. Room cleaning very poor. There was bloodstains on my sheets upon arrival. The manager came, saw, said the apology and changed. But I just can't accept that the use dirty sheets. Disgusting.

7. Starbucks across the road. Convenient to get morning coffee but one Indian guy staff there is really grumpy all the time.

8. There is a Chipotle opposite the hotel. i was told they serve good burritos.

9. As a business traveller, the first thing i do when i get to a hotel is to go through the hotel information book. As I had no car, taxi service availability was important for me. The hotel booklet listed that taxi was available 24hours and I should book 30 minutes in advance. So, on a Sunday morning at 6 am, I called the reception to request taxi to airport at 7am. I was told that they can't book as most taxi companies open only at 8am on Sundays. I was really angry that this was not listed on the hotel information. Needless to say, i missed my flight.

10. Taxi from there to Somervile town is approximately USD9, to Shop rite also USD9, Wegmans is USD 20.
11. Wifi service available and OK.
12. TV channels plenty.

Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The extent of detail you provide will certainly be helpful for any traveler considering staying in the area, and I will try to address the points you have made regarding your stay with us specifically.

You are absolutely correct that hotels in major cities differ greatly in size and scope from hotels in suburban areas. While our offerings may be more tailored to the specific needs of the guests who frequent our hotel, we do hold ourselves to the same standards of excellence as all Marriott locations. With that being said, I would like to sincerely apologize that your arrival experience was below both our standards and your own. We take instances such as yours very seriously, and will be actively working with our staff to identify ways they can be more proactive in assisting our guests. No guest should feel as though they were not taken care of, and I assure you that is not the norm at our hotel.

As for your room, the sheets being dirty was an unacceptable error on our part. I’m pleased to see that the manager was able to efficiently resolve the problem for you, but—as you stated—it is an unsettling way to start your stay. I thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will continue working to make sure this never occurs again.

Thank you again for writing this review, and I apologize that your initial experiences with both our staff and the room were below standards. I’m pleased to see, however, that you enjoyed the rich offerings in the areas surrounding our hotel. I sincerely hope that you’ll consider staying with us again so that we may properly demonstrate our commitment to serve and exceed your expectations.
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

All aspects were good. Pretty uneventful stay since we were there on business and out more than in. The breakfast was included and one the best I've had as a part of a stay. The meeting rooms were nice and staff friendly. The pool was indoor so kind of thought it would be heated but it wasn't. The fitness center was up-to-date. Conveniently located across the street from a mall and Magianno's restaurant. Stayed in a double queen.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While you may have spent most of your time outside the hotel, I’m glad that you felt you had a comfortable space to return to at the end of your business day. We will strive to continue being a location you can rely on to provide a comfortable stay during your travels. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon. We’ll have breakfast ready for you!
Buffalo/NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's a middle of the road Marriott. It lives up to the standard of a Marriot hotel. Beds are comfortable, the rooms look like they might need a little updating, but it won't ruin your comfort level.

It is worth noting that the staff from front desk to the restaurant to whoever you see in the hallways have been impeccably trained. Always a smile, always ask how can they help you, always a little conversational.

You probably are staying here because of something in the area. You won't be disappointed staying here and the staff should get high marks for being so accomodating by printing out directions, ensuring you got the best rate, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and writing this review. I’m thrilled to hear that you found our staff so welcoming during your stay. It is always our pleasure to serve, and I’m glad that we could play a small part in making your travels more enjoyable. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again!
Weedsport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My fiancé and I traveled down to NJ from Central NY for a family wedding, only planning on staying Friday night we originally booked our stay at the Super 8 motel, thinking only spending $60 for a night would be just fine, but when we arrived around 9:30pm our room was DISGUSTING to say the least... pillows were an inch thick, all yellow stained under the pillow cases (made me gag) dirty floors, our door lock was broken, the A/C unit stunk, people standing around yelling, and to top it all off the local police dept was doing rounds in the parking lot telling us this was probably not a safe place to be so we went back to the desk and got our money back. We then searched for local hotels in the area and the Marriott had rooms available so we loaded back up into the truck and got out of there. When we arrived at the Marriott we felt much safer, very welcoming environment when we stepped into the lobby. The staff was phenomenal, and very friendly. We put our first night on my fiancés card, got up to our room which was gorgeous but as someone else had already stated there were a lot of young kids in baseball uniforms hootin and hollering, running around the halls which was rather annoying. When we got up in the morning we decided that we didn't have anything pressing back at home so why not stay another night and enjoy a weekend away so I went down stairs and booked another night but had them put our stay on my card instead. After the wedding was over, we arrived back at the hotel before the reception and neither of our cards worked in the doors, so we went back down and had them issue us new cards, they apologized for the inconvenience, told me their system had made a mistake and we were not the only ones with the problem, and re swiped my card, then we went on our way. I was assured that Saturday nights stay was being billed to my card not my fiancés. The following morning my receipt was put under the door and our bill was incorrect, we were over charged for our room, so upon leaving Sunday morning I stopped at the desk to resolve the issue which they gladly took care of. When we got back home we got online to check our credit card statements to make sure everything was ok (because we were not paying for internet which we found to be absurd, we have stayed at many hotels and never had to pay for internet) but my fiancés card was billed twice, as well as my card billed for Saturday nights stay. The Marriott apologized for the error and refunded her card for the night, but we had a feeling something like this would happen, which is what made our stay a little frustrating. We understand errors happen and we cant hold all the wild young kids running around against the hotel, overall we were pleased with our service and the cleanliness of the hotel. Our king size bed was very comfortable, we loved all the pillows, and she was very happy with the bath and body works toiletries in the bathroom because she forgot some things back at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eric C, Guest Services at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I’m happy to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable and pleasant stay after your original lodging plans did not live up to your expectations. I would like to offer my sincerest thanks for your understanding with the credit card issue that occurred with our systems. It was clearly a frustrating experience and the error was entirely on our end. I would like to assure you that this type of issue is not the norm at our hotel and am glad we were able to resolve the issue. Thank you again for staying with us—I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

As a Marriott Fan I was disappointed in this location, specific for a full service hotel. There were several large parties in the hotel and if you were not one of them good luck. Long waits at the elevator, and food service. The food however was good and the resturant service good. The pool was over run by unsupervised kids and was a small sized pool for a large hotel. When we arrived the same team of kids were in the lobby running around and almost knocked us over and several other guests. The bellman asked them to stop but thrn the they also took over a whole seating area in their wet suits. Other groups also took over the areas in the lobby and it was difficult to find a place to sit and wait for my friends.

My room was near an elevator when I asked not to be. And I was told there was no other rooms ready. The hallway noise was bad but only before the event in banquet started and in the morning.

Parking was bad too. Big trucks took up two spaces. Narrow spots and I had to park far away from the entrance. I didn't feel safe, it was dark and late. The banquet facilities were also full so parking was hard on arrival and when we returned.

There was only two bath towels and the shower curtain kept curling over and water was all over the floor. You could hear the water from other rooms above and next to us.

As a rewards member I have never paid for wireless. But because I was not at the gold level you had to pay. Even in big cities like Miami, NY and LA you get free Internet but in rural NJ you don't?

It was not dirty, good size room but just a sea of people, lack of towels, noise, congestion.

• Stayed August 2013
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your honest feelings about your stay with us. I appreciate the concerns you had about your stay and would like to address them below.

In regards to the events taking place during your stay--and the number of guests present--I want to sincerely apologize that we were not able to make the lobby space and the hotel in general more comfortable for you. We as a hotel strive to accommodate all of our guests and the many reasons they stay with us, from weddings and special events to leisure and business travel. As you mentioned about our bellman’s efforts to encourage appropriate behavior in the lobby from some of our younger guests, our staff will always give a sincere effort to ensure that the hotel is comfortable for everyone, regardless of whether we are at moderate occupancy or completely full with guests and events (as during your stay).

I’m pleased to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and size of your room; however I do apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for a room far from the elevator, and that the quantity of towels was not to your satisfaction. If you choose to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me in advance of your stay. I would be happy to work with you on making sure the room you receive is completely to your liking!

For our wireless network, we offer options consistent with other full-service hotels’ offerings across the country. We are proud to offer our guests complimentary wireless connectivity in the lobby, with a small fee for wireless in the guest rooms. Although, as you mentioned, Marriot Rewards Platinum & Gold Elite members receive complimentary wireless access as a benefit of their membership at all participating Marriott locations.

I want to thank you again for writing this review, and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations if you choose to stay with us again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

-1- No free Wifi. Not reasonable in 2013
-2- In room coffee with powdered creamer. I'd appreciate little cups of half and half.
-3- just back from a vacation where we had free breakfast each morning. I miss that. We had stayed at embassy Suites & Residence Inn - a better value.
This Mariott is an adequate stay if you need to be at 287 & 202.

• Stayed August 2013
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. While there is a fee for WiFi access in the guest rooms, we do offer complimentary WiFi in our spacious lobby. However, I am sorry to hear that you do not feel that you received good value from our full-service offerings. If you choose to stay with us again, I would be delighted to further introduce you to the services and amenities we offer, which I hope will align with your travel needs and expectations. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have the chance to serve you again during your travels!

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!