“More food for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 55 Restaurants in Bridgeton
Cuisines: American
Fairlawn
“More food for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The best hidden gem in the area. When we come from Akron, Ohio we ALWAYS stop here. The New England Clam chowder is AMAZZZZZZING. for the price you will never go wrong.

Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, FL
“Popular for choice, hours and portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I visit this restaurant when we visit his family as it is convenient for several friends and family. Our most recent visit included breakfast and dinner. The chipped beef gravy was okay, nothing wrong just okay. The kitchen was accomodating to my request to top their staple with two poached eggs. Again, okay-slightly over cooked-but I have been warned that in NJ most diners over cook the eggs over health concerns.

The yeast rolls that are served with dinner were sweeter than I prefer, but seems to be okay with the locals. If I had the room for the cinnamon rolls that are included in that basket I may have found them more to my taste. Most of the dinners appear to come with a choice of jello, pudding, or ice cream. Prompted by one our party I found that they will top it with syrup, whipped cream or a cherry.

The mashed potatos were dry and seemed more instant than fresh. The fish can be slightly overcooked sometimes. But Wednesday and Sunday are all you can eat Chicken Pot Pie. One serving looked sufficient.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elmer, New Jersey
“Local Favorite--caters to families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Offers a reasonably priced meal with substantial portions. A large salad served with assorted breads before the main course usually is very filling. So much so that we always take home part of our meal and our dessert. Many local families come here regularly. So it's likely you'll to be dining next to your friends and neighbors. A large menu to choose from with daily specials to fit most budgets makes this a very popular place to eat. Come join us!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bay Point, California
“Wilted salad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Some of my mixed green salad was wilted. The shredded carrots were wet and mushy. However the cornbread was hot and tasty. I ordered the sliced roasted turkey which was good, not the pressed turkey some restaurants serve. But the stuffing was bland and too moist. The rice pudding was included with the meal. Way too much to eat. I'll try it again, but it won't be my first choice in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fortescue, New Jersey
“Good Service, Diner Style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We eat here every once in a while. Today we stopped in for dinner and ordered a couple of their specials for the day. We started our meal with a nice fresh salad. My husband order the fried shrimp platter, with a side of fried eggplant, and a side of applesauce. I order the salmon platter with a side of homefries, and a side of fried eggplant. The food tonight didn't seem as good as we had in the past, and the fried eggplant had a fishy taste; perhaps it was fried in the same oil and the shrimp. Tonight's dinner wasn't as good as the meals we have had in the past. Our total bill with 2 beverages and an included dessert, plus tax was a little over $20.

• Visited May 2013