“would not recommend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Harmony Ridge Farm & Campgrounds

Harmony Ridge Farm & Campgrounds
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branchville
Harmony Ridge Farm & Campgrounds
You added Harmony Ridge Farm & Campgrounds to your Saves list
23 Risdon Drive, Branchville, NJ 07826   |
Philadelphia,PA
“would not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just stayed here the weekend of August 3, 2012. We chose Harmony Ridge because we were meeting family and it was a good location. We usually tent camp, but the family we were meeting have an RV so we thought this place would suit us well. We were given 2 grassy sites next to each other. I am sure at one point Harmony Ridge was a nice place - maybe 20 years ago. Now it is run down and in need of major repairs. The swings, etc. on the playground were rusty, the "lake" for swimming looked like a swamp. After seeing how well the rest of the campground was cared for, we never went in the rust stained pool. The group of about 20 in the neighboring site brought a sound system and blasted techno music from 10:00am to 1:00am Friday night (when we asked them to turn it down). They spent the rest of the night smoking pot and talking about how they were smoking pot. I don't care if people drink or smoke - we had some beers at our site. It was the complete lack of respect for everyone around them that bothered me. I was trying to sleep! On Saturday night apparently there were enough complaints about the music and they were asked to turn it down by the campground staff at 11:00pm. The 1 bathroom we saw was disgusting and not cleaned the entire weekend. We usually camp at state parks and have found them to be well maintained, very clean (even the bathrooms!) and have never had crazy rowdy neighbors.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
bergen county
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

just stayed at harmony ridge this weekend 6/24/12 we stayed at a tent site that was a good size the pool was very nice and there was enough for the kids to do. I read some reviews that said the staff was rude they couldn't of been any nicer i would defiantly be going back what ever you do don't let the girl at the counter give you fishing lesson

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Trenton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is the 2nd time my husband and I spent our Anniversary at Harmony Ridge, and we love it. The people that work there and own the campgrounds are friendly, down to earth, and are extremely helpful. We have stayed in two different cabins and loved every moment.

Pros

-The owners allow any breed of dog certain sites.
-There are no restrictions on fire time.
-Plenty to do for kids.
-Good chance of seeing wildlife.
-Lovely grounds.
-Super nice owners and employees.
-Cabins are great for families and couples.
-Just close enough to neighbors.
-Plenty of places to go in the area. Diner to eat at. Stores to shop in. Multiple movie theaters.

Cons
-Run off of rain water causes big potholes on street (make sure you have a car that can deal)
-Bring a mattress pad for the cabins bed.
-Still smart to bring what cooking stuff you may need, just basics in cabin
-Sulphr water... you get used to it, its not gonna hurt you. Plus if you run the water a little bit before use, you don't really smell it.

^These are not really cons, just fair warning, you are looking for a place to camp, so do not expect it to be a 5 star hotel.

Anyways, like I said before, we absolutely love this place, and know we are going to come back year after year!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

When we were about to book the cabins, we thought they were very nice looking and loved that they had running water, bathrooms and showers inside each cabin. When we finally arrive, they weren't very clean - it's all depending on how the last tenants left it, and nobody does a good job. The deal breaker, however, is the sulphur water. We couldn't bear to shower with it - it just smelled too horrible. We had to wash our dishes in this disgusting water and it's just too unbearable.

Pros
Nice looking cabins
Cabins have heating
Bathroom in the cabin
Nice to have a fridge, stove and microwave

Cons
****DISGUSTING WATER!!!!****
Black mold growing in bathroom and kitchen ceiling
Mice turds in shower floor
Grounds aren’t kept well
Wires outside hanging low, which was dangerous
Though apparently clean on the surface, the place was filthy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Branchville hotels

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Another wonderful trip with friends to Harmony Ridge!

Plenty of space, a VERY well stocked main office, and LOTS of peace and quiet. The other campers are always so friendly.

I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Every site is awesome.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hudson Valley, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

From the moment I arrive with my two kids 7 & 10, I knew I was not going to like this place. We first entered the bathroom after a 1.5 hour drive to the campgrounds. There were 4 stalls. One was out of order, one was disgustingly clogged with feces and dirty toilet paper, and the remaining 2 were just down right filthy. Aparently the only showers in the entire place are also in the smelly bathroom. There was mud all over the floor and the shower stalls were vile. I told my kids that we would just stay for the day. I could not see any of us using these facilities. I was suprised to see the place only one tenth full during Labor Day. I guess anyone who has been there before doesn't come back. The pool facility was in need of repair with broken tiles and chairs. I wish I had a test kid to check the chemicals of the water. I suspect they don't keep up with that as well. You could tell that the owners do not keep up with the maintenance of this place at all. Two of the three lakes were algae infested. Many of the sites that I looked at were infested with poison ivy. I didn't like the fact that they keep the worms in the same refrigerator as the food. Pretty grubby if you ask me. We stayed until it got dark and then packed eveything back up and left. I won't be coming back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I can't even explain how much we disliked this place! We had 18 people for this family camping trip and we camp every year (different places). To start, I called about 2 weeks prior to our trip just to ask a question and the lady was EXTREMELY rude to me for absolutely no reason. The morning lady and the men are extremely rude!!
We were due to arrive on Thursday after hurricane Irene. We called several days before Thursday to find out about electric at the site. They said they don't have electricity. We waited and waited and then we decided to cancel the day before we were supposed to arrive and they said "absolutely no refunds and we would have use the credit within 6 months". They would not budge to even CONSIDER refunding us (even though they had no electricity). I asked them if they could just let us use the credit for next Summer since we all have school aged children and we would not tent camp in the middle of the Winter and we were told "absolutely not". They were so extremely rude! So, if the electric was out that meant no pool, no hot showers, etc..... and they did not care!!!
After the electric was restored we decided to go on the trip and cut it by one day and take the loss, big mistake! I should have just forfeited my money.
1. The pool was DISGUSTING with dirt piled in the corners, leaves everywhere and the water looked gray. LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THEIR BROCHURE!! Tiles were missing everywhere. Tables were rusted and old and mismatched.
2. The playground was a joke! They had an old McDonald's playground set that was roped off because it was broken down.
3. The paddle boats are a joke! 2
4. The main building is so run down and smells nasty and is filthy dirty. Old and smelly.
5. THE BATHROOMS WERE BEYOND DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!! THE SULFUR SMELL WAS MORE THAN WE COULD HANDLE. THE FLOOR WAS NASTY, MOLD ON WALLS IN SHOWER, MEN'S SHOWER CURTAINS WERE COVERED IN BLACK MOLD (they cost $1 to replace), THE SHOWER WAS BACKING UP AND I WAS STANDING IN FILTHY DIRTY WATER, TILES BROKEN AND SITTING IN THE BATHROOM. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY!!!!
6. The bathroom was so far that we drove to it most of the times. That really sucked!
I met a girl that went there with her husband for a weekend away. They rented a cabin. She said it was so beyond filthy. Her husband slipped in the shower because of the slime. I want to list everything but, I just don't want to waist any more time on this place. Please think twice before you go!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Harmony Ridge Farm & Campgrounds? Share your experiences!