“Perfect for my business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Branchburg

You added HYATT house Branchburg to your Saves list
HYATT house Branchburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3141 Route 22 East, Branchburg, NJ 08876 (Formerly Sierra Suites Bridgewater Branchburg)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Branchburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southlake, Texas
“Perfect for my business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

This brand new hotel is defiantly worth every penny. I stayed at Hotel Sierra Branchburg during a business trip. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. The free WiFi and breakfast was a huge bonus because it allowed me to get so much work done before I hit the road. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the rooms are very clean. I was so impressed with the look of the hotel and all the amenities. It defiantly had all the comforts of home and making me feel great while on business. I will be booking here again.

• Liked — Clean room and Free Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

If you book this hotel be sure you will have no chance of cancelling! I work for a non-profit and we were scheduled to bring 3 people in for 3 days and had to cancel airfare and hotels the day before our arrival because our colleague had a miscarriage. I called to appeal their no cancellation policy--guest services never returned my call. I just got my credit card statement-$1,097 and not one of us spent one night there!! I could see penalizing us in some way or giving a credit for future stay--we will be back in the area in the future. I travel extensively for my work and NEVER have run into such an unethical and rigid policy. The airlines were much more hospitable and fair. Beware of this dreadful poilcy and lack of management response!

Stayed March 2008
Laurel, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Our ice hockey team just spent 3 nights at this property and had a wonderful experience. Each family arrived on their own - some very, very late Friday night/Saturday morning. It was so nice to be warmly welcomed after driving 3.5-4 hours!

All weekend, the front desk staff was wonderful!

Since we had 26+ in our group, we thought it'd be easier to prepare our own meals vs. trying to find restaurants that could accomodate us. So, we cooked in our rooms and were able to use the extended cafe (a small room that can be separated from the main cafe in the lobby area) for our team meals. There's a Shop Rite across the street - and a Wegman's down the road. Again, the hotel staff was very accomodating.

The hotel is clean, the rooms are nicely arranged, and the beds are very comfortable. The exercise room is well-equipped.

All in all - a great experience!

• Stayed February 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

I am a fan of the Homewood suites concept, eventhough the implementation tends to differ from location to location. This is the first time I am staying at a Sierra Suites and find this one similar to Homewoods, with the usual fill kitchen, sitting area and sleeping area and full bathroom. Currently staying in a 'studio suite' so no physical separation between sitting and sleeping area, though better layout than similar Homewood studio rooms.

Breakfast and "managers' reception" overall better than Homewood as well, more variety in food, real plates and cutlery (I know that at some HWS that is also the case, but some not).

Location wise OK, not too much noise from Rt22, certainly not if room is on the inside or side wing.

Interesting to know, Sierra suites is owned and operated by LodgeWorks, who also 'invented' and sold the Residence Inn and Summerfield Suites brands to major corporations.

• Liked — location, rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

We stayed at the hotel on the weekend of July 7 and though it was packed (multiple wedding parties, a lacrosse tournament group) the staff was quite gracious and always friendly. We had confirmation numbers for all the reservations but the hotel didn't have record of one of them. They quickly remedied the situation though they couldn't get family close together. The rooms were well kept and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was nice and the food plentiful.

• Liked — friendly and accomodating staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

This hotel is the best place to stay with kids or without!! It is very new and everything is fresh and clean. The beds are the best better than Hyatt, Marriot or Hilton's! The manager was very nice--Phil was outstanding. The check-in people were very nice and friendly. We will definitely be coming back here!!!

• Liked — GREAT SUITE WITH FULL FRIDGE AND BEST BEDS
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

I recently stayed at the Sierra Suites whilst in New Jersey for a work conference. It was superb. The rooms themselves are spacious, bright and comfortable. The bed was incredibly comfy, the shower pressure was great and there were, hell, over 70 channels on the TV! There is a respectible (but not massive) gym available. The breakfast was fine - nothing spectacular though.

A real bonus was the "cocktail hour" where they open the bar for free beer and wine for a hour and a half from 5.30-7pm Monday to Thursday. Dangerous if you need to drive somewhere for dinner!

There is a supermarket about 5mins walk down the road - although you will be taking your life in your hands getting across the main road! Sadly there are no liquor stores within close proximity (oddly the supermarkets dont stock alcohol in NJ) but there is a small shop next to the reception desk where they sell a nice little selection of beers and wine at not too an extortionate price (along with all manner of things - snacks, creams, etc)

A great piece of customer service I personally received is that I headed into NYC for the weekend. Not only were they happy to safely store my suitcase for the weekend but they even made sure they came and picked me up from the train station when I came back!

I have to head back to NJ for another conference in September and I will be attempting to stay there if at all possible!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Branchburg? Share your experiences!