“Manager was helpful in resolving issue” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Branchburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“Manager was helpful in resolving issue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stay here quite often and my last experience was not pleasant. I was reassured by the manager that on my next visit he would make up for it and he most certainly did. I am extremely happy that he made the effort to ensure my comfort and satisfaction and I am back on track to loving this RI, Bridgewater (Branchburg).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Theresa,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay here in Branchburg. We are thrilled to see that you had a comfortable stay! I will make certain to let all my associates know about your warm sentiments and please come see us again soon.

Michael P. Boyle, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Ilinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

After a flight fro Chicago to Newark and a long car ride to Branchburg I was greeted at the front desk to be told that I could not be accommodated because of safety issues in my reserved room. This despite my being a gold member if the Marriott Rewards program. I was told to go to the Hyatt House down the road. So I had to traipse a quarter mile in the cold along the burn of a major highway to another hotel. The front desk clerk stated the staff had tried to contact me; but, I had no messages from Marriott on my cell. So this was a lie. I've never before been so treated by a hotelier.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dr. Sainati,

I would like to personally apologize for having to provide alternate accomodations for you recently when we were in an overbooked situatuion. It is very rare that we are unable to properly control our room inventory. I know the importance of making sure every guest with a reservation is accomodated and I am dreadfully sorry that we were unable to do that for you on your recent trip. We had a number of rooms adversely affected by the storm that evening that rendered them Out-Of-Order with heating issues. This circumstance did not become evident until late in the evening, when we were forced to relocate you. Once again, I am so very sorry that you were put though such an inconvenience and I will endeavor to never have this type of travel disruption occur again.

Michael Boyle
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in February, for a family event nearby, and other family members stayed at the hotel, as well. This was our second stay in a Residence Inn in two months (the other one being in Alexandria, VA), and both rooms had the identical layouts. We thought the room was clean and furnishings were all in good condition. The kitchen area is equipped with the basics, and was also clean. It seemed like everyone in our group, about six rooms total, had a similar positive experience. The breakfast area is a bit small for the size of the hotel, but that's probably not too much of an inconvenience most of the time. The kids also used the pool and enjoyed it, and there's a small exercise room. Overall a good experience – good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks you knidly for choosing to stay with us recently, and thank you also for sharing you experience here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that your group as well as yourself had an enjoyable stay with us. We are also pleased to hear that the chilren in you group took the time to enjoy the Pool and Fitness Center. We truly appriciate your review of our property and will pass on your positive comments to our staff.

Please visit us when you find yourself in our area again.

Michael P. Boyle, GM
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here on the way north. It is about 10 miles off I78 east. The king bed room was very spacious. Nice sofa and chair area with a dining table, desk, large fridge, dishwasher, microwave. TV is positioned to swivel towards bed or sofa. Only one TV so if you like to watch different things than spouse be prepared. Bath very nice with sink separate from toilet area, which I like. Shower was a rain head which had adjustable settings. Plenty of storage for clothes, food and dishes. The outside doors close rather loudly, so if the neighbors come and go a lot, you might be bothered. No real complaints just a few things we noticed that could be better. The dishes were still in the dishwasher from the last person. They looked clean, but just not put away. Not sure if that is common. The toiletry samples did not have any shampoo. They do allow pets here, evidenced by the dog that barked a few times near us. The free breakfast included hot and cold items. We got our breakfast before the 20 teenage girls who were there for a sleep away birthday party showed up. Why do people think it is OK to walk around everywhere in the pajamas or barefoot? Not just teens either. Anyway, overall a very nice property. I would definitely come back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with all the users of TripAdvisor! We always appriciate input of any kind from our customers and are thrilled when we see a mostly positive review.
I'm sorry your dishes were not properly stocked upon your arrival. This is certainly not the way we typically do things when preparing a Suite for occupancy. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I'm glad you enjoyed the room layout and that you had an enjoyable stay with us, Please come to see us again.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed her numerous times the past 1-2 years, always being the preferred choice. After the most recent stay I will not return. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that was filthy. We were offered room freshener for the horrid smell of smoke, animal and food. The kitchen appliances were bathed in sticky grease. It was actually caked on. Inside of microwave have food splatters and hair. Shower did not appear clean as another round of hair (private kind) found in there as well. Both nights we gently expressed our concern to two different ladies at the counter and were reassured the room would be "deep cleaned". That didn't happen either. It was only at 11:30PM did one girl offer to change our room, at that time our daughter had already been asleep. She was very apologetic and stated she would have her manager provide us with 10,000 reward points for the inconvenience but we didn't see that either. It appears as though there may be new management as there is NO pride in this hotel. I asked one of the girls to have the GM visit the room to see its condition, but never did hear or see him.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Theresa S,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your time with us, this is certainly not representative of the typical accomodations and service that we strive to provide. Please contact me at your convienence so that I may speak with you personally and do my best to rectify the situation and compensate you accordingly.

Very Truly Yours,

naperville, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just spent 3 nights at this pet friendly hotel and it was great. Extremely well located for our needs, the 2 bedroom suite was well appointed and very clean. It made our Christmas stay very pleasant. Since my family was just down the street, we did not take advantage of any of the meals that were provided but they looked well attended when I was in the lobby area. Very nice hotel and I will return again in the future.

Room Tip: The front desk made sure we had a room convenient for walking our dog, we did not need to make that...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pam H.

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. It is so great to hear from our guests. I very pleased that we were able to contribute to your enjoyment of the Holiday season. It's a pity you were not able to partake in any of our complimentary meals, but I can tell you from experience, they are always enjoyable. Thanks again for posting such terrific comments and we look forward to seeing again whenever you are in the area.

Michael P. Boyle , GM
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

On our yearly trip to Florida from NH we usually stay in this area, although closer to the highway. On this years' trip we left a day early because of expected bad weather and I wanted to find a hotel where we could stay for two days, with our pet, but in a comfortable environment.

This residence inn fit the bill. We had a one bedroom king suite. It was small but well laid out and we were able to relax and enjoy the football games on Sunday rather then drive in the bad weather.

There is a $100 pet fee. That's steep and I would never stay for just one night with a pet because of it. But over two nights...plus we got a pretty good rate for the room itself.

The front staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool or exercise room but they looked great. My husband went down to the breakfast each morning and he thought it was just fine.

We had a handicap room and that was fine but the sink was outside of the bathroom, really not convenient for two people sharing a room. I assume regular rooms have the sink inside, but you might want to check this out if you think it would be a problem.

This hotel is on the east side of a divided highway. If you know NJ/PA roads like this you know to look for the turn around areas or exits in order to go in the opposite direction. Your GPS may not look like it knows where its going...but you might want to trust it...we almost didn't because it seemed wrong, but it turned out to be the right way to go.

We would stay at this hotel again, with or without our pet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your review and for sharing it with all the folks onTripadvisor. We are thrilled to see that you had a relaxing stay and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast offering. I will let my assocites know that they have been glowingly reviewed on TripAdvisor and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Have a great day!

Michael P. Boyle

Been to Residence Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!