“overpriced and slow service” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Shokan
“overpriced and slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Disappointing selection of fish for a seaside restaurant. Special ordered a simple broiled sole, very plain, and was charged $27, more than their special fish dishes. On a quiet weekday evening, slow (1/2 hour to be served) and unfriendly service, not worthy of the imposed 18% gratuity.

Visited August 2013

71% Recommend
Hamilton, NJ
“THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD IN BRADLEY, BELMAR AND ASBURY, PERIOD.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let's just say this, I am very particular about my Italian Food. I almost always go on Sunday for the Sunday Gravy Special, with the Bracciole, Sausage and Meatballs and the sauce has been cooking all day. Probably the best sauce I had since my old boyfriends grandmom who came off the boat from Italy in '81. Really, it doesn't get any better. To top it off on Sundays at the bar, VERA is there, and she makes the best drinks at the beach. She makes the best Cosmos and the best Bloody Mary's you will ever drink. Anything she makes, is so tasty and with the right mix of alcohol and juices or whatever you mix with. Her barback, OSCAR is amazing as well, not only does he have the cutest hair, he hustles, and he keeps the bar area clean and drinks flowing, and he's an awesome helper. The people that bring out your food in the bar area, make sure you have everything you need, clear out your plates when you're done immediately and Vera when she sees you are getting low, she always asks if you need another. In other words, you're not waiting for your food, waiting to order, waiting for a drink. They are on the ball.
The specials at the bar and weekly specials are amazing. For 5 bucks you get the best calamari!, real fresh, and tasty. Escarole and beans, the best ever! Homemade meatball sliders, Cavatelli and Broccoli, Sausage and Peppers and plenty more. The salads are always fresh, the pasta is awesome and the best sauce, the pizza- get the mushroom with the truffle oil. OMG!!!! I'm telling you. Between the food and the great service I get every single time, and I'm telling you I get it every single time I go in there, I go nowhere else for Italian food but here. And I drive almost an hour every time to get here. But it's absolutely worth every second. Good Homemade Italian food is rare these days, the meatballs are to die for. Literally the best I have ever had. I love the mom, she's usually the hostess with the mostess and always greets us with a smile, we love her daughter as well, she's always phenomenal as a waitress, and our bartender Vera, who keeps us coming back for the best drinks. We go nowhere else. Period. Food is so consistent I have to pinch myself, I don't complain or send one thing back EVER. Try Happy Hour if you're unsure, that's how we started years ago, then you'll be hooked for life, you'll start bringing people in with you and before you know it, people will be begging you to take them back there. It happens all the time. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin Park, New Jersey
“love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Saturday nights are busy but worth the crowd. Usually good music, good bartenders and delicious food. So many specials along with the regular menu. Friendly patrons and friendly staff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A favorite stop "down the shore"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We love stopping here after a day at Bradley Beach. Great food and friendly staff. Prices are very fair and the happy hour menu is fantastic. Highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun Saturday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend and I enjoyed an excellent thin crust Margherita pizza and sweet, sweet sangria at the bar while listening to an awesome R&B band one Saturday night. Friendly crowd, a mix of ages, regular patrons, plus attentive bartenders. A fun place to spend some time on a Saturday night!

Visited July 2013