“Should be #1 Italian in Bordentown area” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Bordentown
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Raleigh
“Should be #1 Italian in Bordentown area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I were staying at a nearby hotel and heard about Palermo's as a great value. We arrived late and were going to just order and take our food back to the hotel but the owner (Julio), his son and our server (Melissa) would not hear of it. They said that people came in late quite often and that we were welcome to sit and enjoy our meal.We had brought our own wine so we sat down and asked what was available at that late hour and we were told whatever we wanted would be prepared fresh for us. The owner asked me if I liked pork chops and I do so he suggested the pork with potatoes smothered in peppers and onions (he had cooked the same meal for himself earlier). My wife wanted seafood and the shrimp with sauce over linguine was suggested. As an appetizer we ordered one of their small tomato pies.I don't think that it would have mattered what we ordered as it was all fantastic. The salads with bread and garlic knots (freshly hand made that afternoon) were outstanding. After enjoying the food and the unbelievably great hospitality/ atmosphere at the original Palermo's (the owner told us that he has three different locations), it is difficult for me to understand why Palermo's was not ranked as the #1 Italian and possibly the #1 restaurant in Bordentown. I can honestly and easily say that we not only recommend this location but plan to come back to try some of the many other menu offerings. It was easy to tell why their "tomato Pie" was awarded the title of "Best Tomato Pie" in the NY/NJ area. The rest of our meal would rank just as high in competition. The next time that we come to Palermo's, it will be earlier in the day so as to allow a few hours to enjoy the many menu options. We intend to order some of the garlic knots and have them shipped to North Carolina to share with our friends. As far as quality of food, we rate this a 12 on a 10 point scale. With respect to price and value, it rates a 9 or 10 on the 10 point scale. (Being able to bring in our own wine was very nice)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“#1 Tomato pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Plain and simple......the best tomato pie pizza around and the best calzone around. I want to try other things but I always get calzones and pizza because they are perfect!

Visited May 2013
Lower Michigan
“Best tomato pie EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wow, this tomato pie was so amazing. Our friends took us here for dinner while we were on vacation. The food was so good we went back 2 days later! I wish I could have some tomato pie now. MMmmmmmmm.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton
“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I go at least once or twice a week. The bartender Brian and Donna are very friendly. Love the sangria. Good appetizers, good pizza.

Visited January 2013
Yardville, New Jersey
“Best tomato pie I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I first experienced Palermo's food when our workplace ordered a bunch of pies from them for a party. I was amazed at the tomato pie. I had eaten tomato pie before, including the often cited DeLorenzo's and was not very impressed. Until - I had Palermos! Ymm! I regularly ordered it from them since then ( six years ago).

Now, I usually get my orders from them delivered but I have eaten on site a few times. It is in a little strip mall on Rt 206 and you can easily miss it. The atmosphere is strip mall pizzeria but the food is great. They are often busy and you sometimes have to wait a long time for delivery due to this. Their delivery people are great and never give us any problems.

Besides tomato pie, I like their buffalo wings though I think they are a little on the small side. What I like though is that the skin on the wings is very crispy - not chewy and flabby like some wings.

While their tomato pie is outstanding, their regular pizza is just average. I have tried it a few times but now I stick with the tomato pies.

I have also had panninis, subs, and my husband orders their dinners. We almost always like what we get. We are not fond of their bread with the dinners - it is that pizza dough bread that is great if fresh and not so great if it is a little old or if it is overdone.

We order something within every 2 weeks from them for six years now so you can see we like their food.

Visited August 2012