“Needs a little more freshening up” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Needs a little more freshening up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Food was good to very good.....Service not so much.....A little pricey and not a comfortable dining experience....Noisy and annoying...

Visited April 2012

Columbus, NJ
“Good food, Great atmosphere, Great service, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been going to Farnsworth House for 15 years now. I have NEVER once gotten a bad meal. I have NEVER once experience bad service. They have a very extensive menu. Personally, I love the chicken provencale. They have an awesome potato leek soup and lentil soup! Their ricotta cheesecake with rasberry sauce is to die for! They have an awesome extensive beer menu. The people at the Farnsworth House are always happy to see you and are very welcoming! Try it, you will not be disappointed...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We ate at this place because it was located between us and friends we were meeting. It turned out to be a very good choice. It’s in a small, historic space. The service and food were very good. The prices are very reasonable for the food you get (and especially because of the large portions). The craft beer selection on draught is great. I would definitely return

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bar Harbor, Maine
“GREAT FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food and bar. The restaurant is noisy both up and down stairs. Hard to carry on a conversation. Our dinners were great but I would like a WHOLE potato,...not a half... with my pricey filet mignon. And not every body likes brocolli. More side vegetable choices please!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lawrenceville, NJ
“Poorly Trained Staff, High Priced Food and Flys”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our wait staff was not well-informed and was not attentive to customer needs. Since this is a higher priced restaurant, it warrants a comparable level of customer service. We went with another couple and ordered a bottle of wine. When a fly went into my glass of wine, the restaurant brought me a different type of wine as a substitution. They did not ask me if that was my preference and did not apologize. If there are flys in the dining room, it makes me wonder what else is happening in the kitchen. One of our friends asked the waitress about how the tuna entree was prepared. The waitress looked surprised at such a question and appeared to have no knowledge of the dish or the nuances of cooking tuna. Instead of offerring to check with the chef (because she didn't know), she put the responsibility back on our friend to tell the waitress what she wanted. We will not return to this restaurant. The pricing is not worth the poor attitude and the flys.

• Visited September 2012