“Not really impressed.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bordentown
Houston, TX
“Not really impressed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It's an old motel. The eating area could be a lot cleaner. Even the tables were sticky. Coffee urns looked old and could be cleaned. The mattress was fine which was a plus. Old is old so don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs if you don't want to carry heavy bags up those stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stefanie S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Rosemary,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback, the good and the bad, so that we have the opportunity to address these issues and make improvements. I apologize that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. We strive every day to provide all our guests with a pleasant and positive experience. I am sorry we were not able to do this for you. I would like to invite you back to stay with us again and see the positive changes that we have made, as we are constantly improving. Thank you again for you review. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Stefanie Strom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
bordentown, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently I stayed at this BW and was thoroughly pleased. Everyone from housekeeping to management was very helpful;. I will recommend to others. The indoor year round pool was delightful. Thank You, Carolyn

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your experience at our property. I am so glad that you were very pleased with your stay and will recommend us to others. I will pass on your compliments to our staff as they are always happy to hear positive feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us if you are ever in the area again. Thank you again for your review.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I want to leave a real review so other Travelers know what to expect.
I want to first say the staff was friendly, they attempted to meet the needs of my family but couldn't.
My family and I stayed in a room which looked remodel (last 5 years) but it must have been sitting in a wet area of the property due to the musty smell in the room. When we touched anything in the room it was damp. (Carpet, towels, remote, etc). The mattress looked old and worn out and had a damp basement smell. If you can picture sleeping in a wet, musty basement on a old mattress that was the experience. We thought about using the pool in the morning but it was dirty with cloudy water so the chemicals were way off. In regards to breakfast, we arrived at 9:40am and found a dirty outdated breakfast area with one Yogart. As I was attempting to make a waffle I found the machine empty, and it almost fell over due to bad placement. I also noticed my shoes were sticking to the floor. (The place needed a really good cleaning). As I looked around and observed i noticed most customers Mumbling under their breath.
Our room had broken tiles and holes in the walls which were poorly patched. The room was ridiculous in price and I would recommend finding another place to stay. Every room in the motel should be perfect and ready for customers and it clearly wasn't. I found myself taking a shower with my saddles on so I wouldn't have to touch the floor. If your paying anymore then $40 per night your paying way to much. It's in the $34.95 price rang or pay by the hour type hotel. I received half my money back but it still took $67.75 out of my pocket. I should have received a full refund
Leaving in the morning I found myself Exhausted, Irritated and sick. My sinuses are still not right. The room must have mold which infected my sinuses, When I arrive home I have a doctors appointment so the stay at Best Western will cost me another $70
The sad part is the night before I stayed at another Best Western for $65 and it was the best motel I have ever stayed at! It was clean, rooms smelled great, the sheets were clean! No wearing sandles in the shower and the pool was crystal clear! We were lucky to get a room at this location, every room was booked! Highly recommend the Best Western in Fredericksburg Virginia so different then this place! It's also half the price :-).

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate any feedback as it helps us to always improve. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We would have been happy to move you to a different room where you would have been more comfortable, had we known you were unhappy with the room at check-in. I apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with the pool and breakfast. Please know that I will personally look into these issues you mentioned so that I can correct them to ensure a better experience for you and other guests in the future. At Best Western, we strive everyday to provide superior customer service and accommodations for a great value to all of our guests. I apologize if you feel that our rooms were overpriced, however our rates are very competitive with comparable hotels in the area.
You might be interested to know that we just finished installation of brand new carpet to a majority of our rooms, and will be installing granite counter tops in our bathrooms by next year. We are always making improvements at our property and welcome you back in the near future to see the positive changes we have made. For your next stay, please contact me directly to set up a reservation, so that I may personally oversee your stay to ensure it is a comfortable and pleasant experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

Seabrook, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed for two nights. When I checked in Mike at the front desk was very pleasant and had my paperwork and keys ready. First walked into the room and I noticed there was no hotel smell. You know the closed up smell they all have. It was very clean, bright and smelled like you walked into someones home. The rug looked brand new. The king size bed was so comfortable I did not want to leave it behind. The pool and hot tub were located at the lobby and were so relaxing at the end of a long day at Six Flags. I loved the place. If I go back to Six Flags again I will go back to Best Western.

Room Tip: I believe our room was very clean because it was a king bed and no children stayed in the room. Just...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefanie S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Cora C,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us and giving us such pleasant feedback. I am happy to hear that you loved every aspect of your stay and enjoyed your Six Flags vacation. I will pass on your compliments to Mike, as our staff is always pleased to hear their efforts are appreciated. Thank you again for taking the time to write of your experience with us. We look forward to your next stay!

Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I came to NJ to spend the day at Six Flags. It's a 4 hour drive from our home so we didn't want to drive home after a long day at the park. We booked the hotel in advance online - it was very easy and quick. It was about 20 minutes away from the park so it was pretty close. We checked in pretty late, after 10 p.m. but were greeted promptly by a friendly employee who must have seen how tired we looked because he checked me in quickly but without feeling rushed. Rooms were very clean - much cleaner inside than the outside would lead you to believe. Good water pressure in the shower and the products provided are Pantene - nice touch!

We were pretty impressed with the breakfast that is included with your stay. Great variety and very good. For beverages they had coffee complete with flavored creamers, tea, ice water and 4 different kinds of juices. For food they had several different cereals, yogurts, bagels, muffins, danishes, english muffins, fresh fruit and a waffle maker. Makes the value of your stay that much better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefanie S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and enjoyable. At Best Western, we pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable rooms as well as a variety of free breakfast items for a tremendous value. I will pass on your positive comments about our customer service to our staff, as it makes us proud to hear our efforts are appreciated. We are glad your enjoyed your visit to the Bordentown area and welcome you back in the near future. Thank you again for your review. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Stefanie Strom

Been to BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn? Share your experiences!