“What Can I Say?” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Hawkins Place/Powerville Road
Boonton, New Jersey
“What Can I Say?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My favorite restaurant in the area ... Dominic, Connie, chef Dominic Jr., and the staff welcome you as one of the family. The food is outstanding, as is the atmosphere, service, wine selection, desserts (several of which are baked by Connie), and after dinner drinks. From the upstairs bar to the main dining room to dining on the veranda ... you will enjoy Michelangelo's.

Visited March 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Food Demo/Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Visiting my sister who lives in Boonton, just in time for the Il Michelangelo Food Demo/Dinner event and it was FANTASTIC!! Not only was the food exceptional, the explanations given by the Chef Dominic were very informative. Chef Dominic visited each table after his demonstration and answered everyone's questions. We got the recipes from each plate that was demonstrated. We started with a Stuffed Portobello appetizer; then a pasta dish from the family recipe which was very light and delicious. The main course was a herb crusted Tilapia and ended with a cheesecake. The place is a very friendly and warm environment; it looks like you are going to someone's house and they make you feel like you are in their home!! They will be having future events and I am thinking to plan my visits back to NJ around these upcoming events! A wonderful evening!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“A lovely porch for a Saturday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place is very close to my home and my friend wanted to meet me there for lunch. I was early and the chef's son (Dominick Jr) gave me a glass of wine & some water. My friend was a little late and he gave me a menu to peruse. I asked him if he had not given me the evening menu because the prices reflected evening service. He said 'we now serve dinner all day on Saturdays!'

I never heard of this type of dinner service for 1 on a Saturday afternoon. I knew my friend wouldn't be happy paying over 20 bucks for an entree so I asked him if perhaps we could get half servings so we wouldn't have to take anything home (and they do serve generous portions).

We each had 2 glasses of wine so the restaurant made out just fine and we were very happy with our entrees. I generally have pasta putanesca there and ask for it 'extra spicy.' My friend had a chicken pasta dish, can't remember the name.

The owner & his family were good friends of Michael Jackson and he was a visitor in their home. Its been on several shows and an interesting story.

This is a pretty restaurant inside but I prefer the nice porch
although it is a bit noisy but it has lovely flowers and nice ambience.

Visited August 2012
New Jersey, USA
“Beautiful atmosphere, wonderful family owned restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Connie, Dominic and their children welcome their guests with open arms. They go over and above to make your dining experience pleasant. The atmosphere is beautiful and the meals are prepared fresh to order.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern NJ
“Going downhill, avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Inconsistent historically, the last few visits have been so abysmal we will not be going back. Bad food, bad service. Sorry.

Visited October 2011