“updated and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blackwood
“updated and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

great stay - lots of room to spread up, plus updated rooms and lobby area. nice pick for the area. breakfast was great and lots of variety (including many hot items) and everything was CLEAN! Price was a little high, but this is one of the nicest Hampton's I've stayed at in a while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston TX Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and I stay at Hilton Brand hotels.

I stayed at this hotel for just one night to be closer to the Philadelphia airport. The hotel did not disappoint. I was greeted warmly upon arrival and check-in was quick.The hotel appears to be new and was well maintained. My room was well sized and I especially liked the layout of the room. The bathroom was well sized with the sink height at the new higher height. The shower was well-sized and there were cubbies in the bathroom to store items.

Without a doubt, I would stay here again if the need arose. The hotel suited me just fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed in other places in the area but decided to try this for a change. We are glad we did as the rooms were nice, clean and the breakfast was very good. No problem with check in and we asked that our room be cleaned early in the morning which was also met. As we have family in the area we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back so you are not bothered by the traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was spacious, breakfast, which is complimentary was very nice with good options. We travel quite a bit, and as is often the case, the "complimentary" cookies at Hampton are few and far between. I have observed quite often that the staff reserves the cookies for themselves. Girl at the front desk on the evening shift could not have cared less about guest concerns. There is complimentary coffee and tea available round the clock, which is lovely, however, they were out of decaf tea bags in the evening and when I pointed that out, as I pointed out that there were no cookies at check-in the evening before, it was not of concern to her. The business center was well-stocked with pens, paper clips, very attractive, however, the printer would not print much, I suspect due to very high security settings. Overall, I was highly satisfied with the room and amenites, however, they would be doing their patrons and themselves a favor to be rid of the young girl at the front desk in the evening and find someone who desires to make guests feel important. We did not use the pool, so I can't evaluate that, however, I did use the recumbent bike in the exercise room and again, as is typically the case for hotels, it did not "power" on and the electronics did not work, but was acceptable to use if one desires some/any type of exercise while travelling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Heath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my first time staying in a Hampton Inn. I'd have to say, it was a nicer stay then I had expected. The breakfast was good, not outstanding. We stayed in a King room w/ Sofa Bed. The room was quite large, and the bathroom was huge as far as hotel bathrooms go. My only complaints would be, the lack of a bathtub (it had a walk-in shower, fine for adults, but not easy to bathe young children), and there were some bad attempts at maintance. For instance: they attempted to repair a hole in the door by building up a mound of filler and painting it, didn't even bother to smooth the putty or sand it. It looked like they simply stuck a handful of putty into and over the hole. The desk chair had a large tear in the left arm and on the back of the chair. I'm not reducing my rating based solely on those maintance issues, however those issues, combined with the decision to only have showers, no tub, warrants a 1 point drop in my eyes.
As for the staff, very friendly. I was somewhat concerned about that prior to my arrival, because I called twice to make changes to my reservations and the person I spoke with was kind of short with me. I could hear a lot of activity in the background, so I excused it. That was the right call, as the staff in person was very courteous.
I am only giving 3 out of 5 for sleep quality, I'm not entirely sure what the noise was, but every few minutes I'd hear what sounded like a semi truck idling outside. We were on the 4th floor so I know that wasn't the case. Since it's only a 4 story building, it could have been a roof top AC unit? I still don't know but it did disturb my sleep on the first night.
"Kids Activities I'm giving a 3 out of 5, only because there wasn't time to use the pool.
As I mentioned in the beginning of this review, this is the first time I've stayed in a Hampton Inn. I wouldn't hesitate to book another reservation.

Room Tip: Room 410, heard a noice like a semi truck idling every few minutes. To this day I couldn't tell...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Always stay here when we have a dance competition at the TD Bank Arts Center. Never been disappointed in three years. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked, our room was comfortable as always. My only complaint (and I feel I have this complaint almost everywhere we stay) is the noise associated with the air/heat unit turning on and off. Otherwise check in was a breeze and check out just as easy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Skippack, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I enjoyed are stay at the hotel. The Front Desk was very friendly and informative of places to eat in the area. We were there from Feb. 22 - 23rd. Loved that the offered complimentary breakfast. Not thrilled with the egg choices, but my girls enjoyed the bagels, muffins, fresh fruit and waffles. One word of advice regarding breakfast, get there way ahead of 10am, because they close the doors exactly at 10am...that was the only downside. Felt rushed to grab food at eat. And we got down there at 9:30.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Turnersville? Share your experiences!