“Very Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Blackwood
NEW JERSEY
“Very Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Very good stay, the hotel met my needs, clean, comfortable, good location. Plenty of places to eat, easy to get to. Pleasant check in, and check out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

PROS:
--clean and spotless
--friendly front desk service
--microwaves and fridges in room are clean and functioning
--large bathrooms
--high ceilings
--comfortable beds
--left too early to experience the breakfasts but have heard that they have a decent hot and cold breakfast spread.
--high-speed, easy-to-log-into WIFI
--safe location

CONS
--This is really petty but the only thing that bothered me... our black out curtains in the room were not build so that we could pull the covers over the windows 100%.. just to the sides. So the center of the window was covered with a white gauzy curtain that i'm sure one couldn't really see through but I would have appreciated that extra level of privacy to have my drapes completely drawn.

Would I stay here again? Yes, absolutely. I only stayed for one night but it seemed like a totally reliable, clean and safe location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

First off lets start with the good. This is a newer very clean property. The room was very clean well-furnished, tastefully decorated and beds were super comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient at check-in. The location is excellent for dining and shopping.

I ran into a few problems here that I never had experienced before with Hampton Inn. I have stayed at dozens of Hampton Inns from coast to coast and never received as many customer service problems as at this property.
Our room was not serviced by housekeeping on our first night of our stay. I notified the front desk and they told me that if someone is in the room sleeping they won't service the room. There was NO one in room for entire day. They also said if I leave do not disturb sign on door that room would not be serviced. There was no sign on door. I told them it was an obvious housekeeping oversight. I not offered any compensation for the inconvenience as I usually would have when this happened before at Hampton. This happened to me about 5 years ago and was apologized to and was immediately credited with a free night. Instead the front desk agent made it look like it was my fault and said she would look into it.

Secondly, the breakfast was below par compared to what I have been used to with Hampton Inn. There was no fruit salad or yogurt. The hash browns were mushy. The eggs were rubbery and dried out.

Also, the internet service was not even close to being high-speed as promised. It was not any faster than dial up modem. It often would lose connection and was just painfully slow. Very difficult to do any web surfing. Never had such slow internet service at a Hampton Inn.

I was really shocked of all the service issues at this property and was not offered any compensation as promised in the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I shouldn't have to ask for it. This is very a nice and clean property but if anything happens during your stay don't expect the 100% guarantee to be honored.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011 via mobile

Just stayed for one night, but this one of the cleanest, well run hotels we've ever stayed in. Set on a main drag surrounded by fast food places, we weren't hopeful. But inside it's brand new and spotless. Staff was extraordinarily kind and accommodating. Lovely free hot & cold breakfast in the morning, free coffee all day, micro & frig in room and free wifi. One suggestion: roll away came with only 1 sheet & blanket- need fitted sheet and mattress cover - nobody likes to see the bare mattress. All in all better than most 4 stars we've stayed in. Way to go Hampton Inn!

• Stayed April 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

This hotel is A brand new hotel with State of the Art Conveniences. I have absolutely no complaints at all!

Next time I'm in the Blackwood area, this is were i will be staying.

Its also around alot of restaurants and department stores, some are close enough that you dont even have to drive your vehicle.

The Front Desk Work Shanice, did a wonderful job checking me in!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Turnersville? Share your experiences!