“weeknight dinner out” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Jackets required
Bernardsville, New Jersey
“weeknight dinner out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

love the portabella mushroom burger...food is very good and nice presentation. Easy parking right on the street. Offered a variety on the menu from bar food to nice entrees for dinner. Relaxed bar and comfortable setting. The bar is like an old style pub and a really homey feeling to it. Service is very good. Ok for families too.

Visited April 2012

North Brunswick, NJ
“First time; Not the last time!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was my first visit; it definitely will not be my last visit!
The bartender, Drew, was great; she was very helpful, friendly, and attentive. I had the shrimp cocktail....it was very good; the blues burger.....very very good...it came out exactly as I ordered, medium rare; it comes with 2 onion rings...the best I have ever had; and a chipwich for dessert..I ate the ice cream, but took home the 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies...they were very tastey. If I lived in the area, I would dine here 1 or 2 times a week. I will definitely keep this place on my list!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
Branchburg, New Jersey, United States
“Great for parties!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently had a birthday party upstairs at the Claremont Tavern. They were so accomodating and the food was fantastic! Everyone at the party enjoyed themselves! We have also dined there and the burgers are excellent!

• Visited June 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
“Fantastic food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had the pleasure of dining here with friends on Thursday night. We had the calamari, pizza with prociutto and figs, short ribs, and "crab boil" crab cakes. Everything was absolutely delicious, well prepared, well presented with generous portions. I consider myself a sophisticated diner and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal this much. The wait staff was friendly, attentive and responsive. We were given fresh silverware and napkins for our main course. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and unpretentious. The food is elegant, creative with layers of flavors and depth.

• Visited June 2012
New Jersey
“Good bar food, but uneven execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We tried the Claremont on a Living Social coupon. The evening was warm, and they had opened the french doors in the bar area to cool things off. We were seated in a small dining area across the hall from the bar. The bench seats along the wall were rather uncomfortable, because the wood paneling had a ridge, and I kept bumping my head against it.

The menu has plenty of variety. My husband ordered the special - hickory barbecue spare ribs - which were delicious, and the side of baked black beans was very good. I was looking forward to a hamburger, and I ordered the Claremont Burger rare (which I was assured they could do). Sadly, although it was tasty and juicy, the burger was cooked more like medium rare. The tavern fries were kind of limp.

In spite of these disappointments, I'd like to try it again to sample other things from the menu.

• Visited April 2012