“Italian in Bernanrdsville” 4 of 5 stars

908-221-0040
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morini Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Finley Avenue
Chatham
“Italian in Bernanrdsville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A glorified store front Italian pizza restaurant. Not fine dining by any means although you're charged for it. Loud and very noisy. Paper napkins place mats and no tablecloths. The seating area is very congested.They did honor our reservation and tried to pawn off a lousy table on us but we refused.Food was just ok.Wine expensive. Our evening was spoiled by the excessive noise and non existent dress code.People in jeans and flannel shirts Our wait staff was very attentive. We can find better.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Not quite what I expected with a name like that.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Since this was the third restaurant in the same location I thought I knew what to expect from the inside. Boy was I mistaken. They removed all the interior walls and made it one huge room. Big mistake I think. It lost all of its charm and it no longer has sound barriers anymore. Thus the place is noisy.
Menu is small but good. They had an overpriced really nice looking salad bar that none of us thought it was worthwhile trying. There were eight ladies of leisure mind you. The pizzas were yummy and so were the to order salads. We order several and shared. Sadly dessert was a bust. The cup of coffee was huge and good.

Visited September 2012
“My favorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Great quality, good service and homemade pasta. Fresh delicious authentic Italian food.
I've been there 8 times and never been disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mary, Florida
“Nothing special really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently had dinner at this restaurant and had already been warned by one of our dinner mates who had visited for lunch about a month prior that the service was a bit slow. Well, that was true. Our water glasses were constantly kept full, which we appreciated, but I knew something was up when we ordered dinner and were told by our server that because our meals would take about 20 minutes to get to us that we might want to consider getting an appetizer, which none of us wanted and therefore did not order. I didn't time it so I am not sure exactly how long our meals took to arrive, but I would say it was indeed at least 20 minutes. I am not sure if it had anything to do with the restaurant being busy, which surprisingly it was for a Tuesday night, or if whether they are busy or not that 20 minutes is the standard length of time for a party of four that ordered 3 pasta dishes and 1 organic chicken dish to be served their meals.

I ordered a pasta dish called Mezzaluna, which was squash filled ravioli. It had a pretty good taste (not great), but arrived a tad above lukewarm in temperature. I didn't want to extend our stay, plus I have reservations about sending food back in any restaurant, so I did eat it without complaint. I did request a cup of tea after finishing my meal, which never came. The server only remembered he had forgotten to bring it to me when he came to take our dessert order about 20 minutes later, at which point I did not want it and told him so. Considering the priceyness of the beverages (and everything else) on the menu it would probably would have been an overpriced cup of hot tea anyway.

I ordered nothing else, but a couple people in my party ordered gelato after dinner and said it was really good.

In summary, I really was not impressed with the service, food, prices, or atmosphere of this establishment. It was just average for me and I doubt I will return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Poor service trumps average meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Lady bartender was efficient and friendly.
For dinner,our waiter wasnt up to the task. He was overwhelmed by the crowd. After third screw-up to our order, I had to get manager. (Why did I wait?) She appeared genuinely concerned.
Food was OK. Wife and daughter were equally unimpressed with the food.

• Visited September 2012