“Kind of like my grandmother's house in the 70's” 4 of 5 stars

Bernards Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Mine Brook Road, Bernardsville, NJ 07924   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bernardsville
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Kind of like my grandmother's house in the 70's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very nice hotel, very nice staff. Room (number 22) was a bit tired and the bed was awful, but the place was in general very cute. Decor in the room is fairly dated (really did remind me of my grandmother's house, down to the colors). The restaurant is very nice. I went shortly after Hurricane Sandy, booked last minute. I had a little trouble finding the place, but they were very helpful.

I was not there long enough to see much of the town, but it looked very cute.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

In trying to find a bit of luxury after Sandy, we made a reservation over the internet. They claimed - internet, great lodging and food. It was followed up with an Email confirmation. After making the trip fraught with downed wires and trees it was closed and had been when the reservation was accepted. Not at all pleased and was forced to try to make back up plans. Very poor service BUT it gets worse. They sent me an email thanking me for staying and hoped I had a great stay. Checking to make sure they did not fraudulently charge my credit card.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mendham, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very nice stay. Very Attentive staff. Nice from start to finish. Little out of way, but well worth it for attention shown. Will soon return. Oh, did I mention the food! Rooms recently renovated and it showed, very pleased.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wow, what a great place for dinner. Let's start with a wonderful atmosphere and great service. And then you see the menu and it's literally a menu of what would be served if you went to heaven. Between the chef's tasting menu to the individual app's and dinners, there is are above and beyond options to more than satisfy anyone. Both of my experiences at The Bernard's Inn have been nothing short of extraordinary. It's a 1st class meal, in a 1st class atmosphere and the food is incredible. We'll be back as much as possible because the head chef is a genuis and the atmosphere is wonderful. Words can't describe how great of a restaurant the Bernards Inn is. You're in for a heavenly treat here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

As a clergyman, I officiate at many weddings in places other than church, and I can say that the Bernard's Inn was the best to date. My wife and I were also privileged to stay in the Inn for two nights. The room was spacious, charming and very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. But the best part was the service, which we found exceedingly helpful, courteous, willing, and, dare i say, joyful. If I can mention somes names that I remember: Shannon, who even helped me with computer problems, David, Matt, Lori, Leticia and Tremaine. Each of them went beyond necessary to help and serve. The service at the cocktail hour and reception was also superb - as was the food. The Wedding consultant, Bonnie, was extremely professional as well as welcoming to the bridal party and to others. It was a pleasure to work with her. Diane (manager?) was always helpful and present- again seeming delighted to be doing what she is doing. it was a wonderful two days! One warning : do not forget to turn in your key upon leaving. We, by mistake took it with us - but returned it by mail. Parking is at a premium

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is one of New Jerseys finest hotels. I still can get over the homeliness I feel when I stay here . The staffs dedication to fine service is the reason my wife and I will be coming back every year for our anniversary. The restaurants food is amazing , you will be impressed.

• Stayed September 2012
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Barnards Inn for a night in August as a part of a birthday celebration at Natirar.
Sometimes with old hotels you don’t know what you will get, but we were delighted with our stay.
The rooms were large by modern standards and sumptuously equipped. Old can mean quirky, but a few creaky floorboards and a sloping bedroom floor probably just add to the charm.
The only meal we ate in there was breakfast and that was excellent both in quality and quantity.
If you, like us, are using this as a base for a weekend away then you must at least have pre-dinner drinks in the bar. Sitting in the elegant piano bar is treat enough, but the cocktail menu is incredible. The jalapeno-infused margarita is one of the most fascinating drinks I have ever tasted.
We will return here without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bernards Inn? Share your experiences!