“report” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Berlin
Elkhart, Indiana
“report”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Ask for this report we stop there very often and we get very good rates the manager is alwaysvery
help very helpful.he all ways has a room for us when we call him before we arrive it is very clean and good coffie.

Room Tip: Very help ful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Neal P, Manager at Days Inn Berlin, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continnuing to focus on making each and every Guest experience the best it can be we hope to be service to you in the future.
Again Thankm you.
Days Inn Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Days Inn, Berlin NJ=I want to rate it a NEGATIVE! I have nothing nice to say about this hotel. I kicked myself for not listening to the negative feedback! As a child I had found memories of staying at Days Inn in Florida, I’m sorry to say this location was nothing like my clean, sunny memories!

The negative comments are truthful. Believe them. Do not stay here unless you don’t mind dim hallways, dingy walls, broken furniture including the chairs and bed and vents, stained mattresses, soiled dirty comforters, hair under the sheets, the stench of curry seasoning (if could have been any seasoning, a hotel or any business outside of a dining establishment is not the place for strong smelling cooking permeating the hallway and seeping into your room) and cockroaches climbing the beds. Under the stairs (no elevator) to the second floor there was a HUGE pile of dirty sheets! Not appealing!!! All this and the brazen cleaning staff had the nerve to have a hand written envelope on the desk expecting a tip!!!!

I believe the manager/owner who replies to the posts lives in the hotel possibly with other family members. In my opinion he is doing nothing to maintain the facility. It is what it is and is getting worse by the second. He collects your money and hopes for the next desperate, unknowing traveler to check in. He wants to make money and not put anything into to building.

If I would’ve known better I would have driven a few 10-15 minutes north and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Mt. Laurel for get this only $10 more!

I travel a lot and this is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in, if my husband and I weren’t so tired after traveling and attending a wedding I would have never stayed. I didn’t sleep, too uncomfortable to relax and do that. There was also noise coming from other rooms all night long. I took pictures of this disgusting room and will post them.

P.S. I have never seen so many people scrambling to get out of a hotel like I did here. I met a couple from Rhode Island who felt the same way; they too were disgusted and couldn’t wait to leave. I hope I can prevent someone from such an awful experience! Please, believe the negative and not the “sorry you had a bad experience please call us so we can make it better” post by the manager! Does the hotel industry have some type of inspection? This place would definitely fail!

Room Tip: Don't stop just go straight to the Hilton Garden Inn in Mt. Laurel 4000 Atrium Way! ( I am no wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Simply Jones
I apologize that your experence was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only meet the needs of each and every Guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasent and comfortable as possible
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us,Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis, In addition, please know that your comments will be addressed.
Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
Days Inn Berlin, NJ
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Large room with big king size bed. Everything worked and everything (sheets, towels) were in good shape and nice to use. Front office were friendly and helped with printing some docs. Breakfast was simple but all the items were good quality. Internet wireless was good. Hotel is right next to a big gas station/mart.

Contrary to some of the recent reviews, I didn't smell anything in the halls.

You need to take an exit on the opposite side of the highway (73) and make a U-turn (thats all the road does) to get to this place.

Room Tip: Ask if suites near the office are available
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Neal P, Manager at Days Inn Berlin, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Sriram Natrajan
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will continuning to focus on making each and every Guest experience the best it can be, We hope to be service to you in the future.Again thank you
Days Inn Berlin,NJ
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was in NJ for a funeral. The funeral parlor recommended this place. When we arrived I was very disappointed in the place but figured we can tolerate it for one night. The smell in the halls were sickening. There were broken items in our room lights, door ect ect. Had to walk in the front entrance with 3 guys standing in the front of the motel drinking beer and stumbling all over the place. If I was traveling alone i would have left. There are many other motels in the area check them out......

Room Tip: no pool, fitness center or restaurant. They do serve a continental breakfast wheich we passed on so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Neal P, Manager at Days Inn Berlin, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I apologize that your experience was anyting less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis, In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Days Inn Berlin NJ
State College, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was not very clean. We checked in late at night, and when we got to our room there was a strong disenfectant smell. Which since the room was not very clean, I wondered what the smell was from. The bathroom door was filthy, I was afraid to touch anything.
I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2012
Neal P, Manager at Days Inn Berlin, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for the review. We are very sorry for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. We will look into the matter to correct it. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Manager
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

i stay here often on business trips. Excellent staff and clean at a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
daysinnberlin, Manager at Days Inn Berlin, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to say to see you again soon!

Manager
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Love how helpful staff is. Many of my questions answered with a positive attitude. I traveled with my 11 and 13 yro kids and grandma. We felt safe. No weird people just other families. We stayed to visit sahara sams from NYC on NJT trains.

Staff helped us get cab info and menus for food. Wawa is across from the hotel, loved that! Breakfast here was corn bread, bagels,cereal, juice,coffee,milk,bananas, etc. all fresh! Staff refills as needed and quickly which is great! I asked that my room windows be cleaned and they were. The upstairs people were letting the kids stomp and jump at 11:30 at night, I called the front desk and it was taking care of. I didnt hear any other noise.

I wish I had a car I'd spend at least 4days there and go to the water park. Beds were comfy and clean. I do recommed the cleaning lady dust at least twice a week hard core dusting at least once a week. There is a walmart ,ihop and other eats around driving a short distance. No walking here it's too far. There is a chinese food and nail salon up the road.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Neal P, General Manager at Days Inn Berlin, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Marilyn
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule. Please know that your comments is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuning to focus on making each and every Guest experience the best it can be, we hope to be service to you in the future.
Again Thank you.
Days Inn Berlin NJ

Been to Days Inn Berlin? Share your experiences!