“We come back every year” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Belvidere
Activities: Group tours/day tour, Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the grounds and participate in wine-tasting at this picturesque winery that sits nestled in a scenic valley surrounded by rolling hills and fields.
New York City, New York
“We come back every year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I happened upon Four Sisters Winery on a vacation to the Pocono's almost 5 years ago. We have since made it tradition to stop on our way to and from our vacation home and have also made trips to the winery for some special events like Muses in the Vineyard. I was very surprised to read the comments below because I have always enjoyed our visits, felt very welcomed and Val even remembers us each time we come in. While their wine isn't as heavy as a California cabernet, they do have a wide variety of whites, reds and fruit wines. I've always been able to find something to fit my mood or my meal - and I'm definitely what some would call a wine-o. ha.

This is a great family business and we'll keep coming back.

Visited December 2012

Wanaque, New Jersey
“GROSS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The wine was brown and tasted horrible! The place is a mess and the bathroom was so dirty I woulnt let me kids touch anything!!! I dont ever give a bad review, but this place was the WORST!!

Visited December 2012
Montclair, New Jersey
“Great for a tour/wine tasting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The bad reviews here really surprised me for this place, but, then again, I haven't been there for any of the events such as Father's Day or Valentines Day. I have considered going for a murder mystery dinner though. This review is exclusively for stopping by for a tour & wine tasting. I have been here twice while passing through this part of NJ. Both times, the lady giving the wine tasting was very informative/friendly. We enjoyed some of the wines, while others we did not like quite as much. Both times we wound up buying 2 bottles. The tour, which is free, was informative and enjoyable. It was a different girl than the one who did the wine tasting, but she was also informative and friendly. Seeing as this costs absolutely nothing and we had a nice time, I would recommend stopping by!!

Visited May 2012
White Plains, New York, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Loved everything and every detail about Four Sisters. The location, the way it is beautifully maintained, the passion the owners and employees have. Wine is delicious! Beautiful all year round!

Visited March 2012
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Wine was great but food was terrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very expensive night out, I invited family and was embarrassed I did. What a let down. We went to a Murder Mystery dinner, the event was boring and the food was terrible. They even ran out of chicken! Its no wonder the tip was included in the price of the tickets. The 'tour' consisted in walking in one room with a quick speech about wine making.

FourSistersWine, Event Planner at Four Sisters Winery at Matarazzo Farms, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Carol,
I am very sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience during your visit to the winery for our October 19th Murder Mystery Dinner. Four Sisters Winery has been offering Murder Mystery Dinners for 8 years and Private Parties for 29 years with many customers being very pleased with our catering and event services. I am sorry our event did not live up to your expectations. Bill Prall of Murder on Demand has been delighting audiences with his interactive Murder Mysteries throughout the Tri-State for over 15 years, being the longest running dinner theater in the Pocono region and also recognized as the Pocono's best dinner theater for the past 3 years.

The buffet style meal offered on the 19th consisted of two chicken dishes and Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo so while one chicken dish may have ran out there were two other options available and second helpings are encouraged.

All of our tour guides receive extensive training and are very knowledgeable on the history of the winery and the wine making process. The wine cellar tour is approximately 20 minutes long and provides attendees with a glimpse of the facility which is used to produce all of our wines with a total capacity for nearly 14,000 gallons. Due to the fact that this was an evening event the tour did not include the walk through of the vineyard and instead only consisted of the wine cellar portion of the tour.

Four Sisters Winery takes pride in offering nothing less than enjoyable and memorable experiences for those who attend any of our events and we would gladly welcome for you to visit us again in the future to get a better insight to what we have to offer for public events and tastings throughout the year.